Wow.. Lost Fan upset with schedule of State of the Union Address

Status
Not open for further replies.
SOTU addresses are boring as hell, between partisan applause, unapologetic pandering and the giving of promises never to be kept I'll pass on the snooze fest. Give me the news breakdown the next day with just the stuff that actually matters thankyouverymuch.

SOTU addresses are boring as hell, between partisan applause, unapologetic pandering and the giving of promises never to be kept I'll pass on the snooze fest. Give me the news breakdown the next day with just the stuff that actually matters thankyouverymuch.
You've got that cynical-cranky-old-man thing down to a science, don'tcha?

I've just watched plenty of them. I don't deny there is some possibly important stuff in there, but I don't need to sit through the boredom of the actual thing to get it so why bother?

I don't watch any of the state of the union or our local state of the state addresses. I think getting worked up about or being enamored by a politician is just sick. Quite putting those morons on pedestals. That doesn't mean I don't care about the message. I can get the details the next day w/o having to sit through the ridiculousness.

As for the Lost fan, I've said it before, as long as folks have their MTV/FOX/HGTV/ESPN they couldn't care less about what's going on in the world. Slowly strip their rights, slowly step all over the constitution, and folks don't care. Interrupt their precious t.v. time, and they go crazy.

I worked for a DirecTV call center, and any hope I had for society was snuffed out b/c of the customers comments/rants. Not a single person ever called to complain that they couldn't see a presidential address or that CSPAN wasn't coming in clearly. People don't really care.

S

SeraRelm

I've just watched plenty of them. I don't deny there is some possibly important stuff in there, but I don't need to sit through the boredom of the actual thing to get it so why bother?
Wait, are you talking about Lost or the SOTU address?

K

Kitty Sinatra

I don't see anything in that link that says it's not scheduled for that night because of Lost.

Krisken, you're turning into Gassy. I dub thee Krisky.

I don't see anything in that link that says it's not scheduled for that night because of Lost.

Krisken, you're turning into Gassy. I dub thee Krisky.
I only said it was messed up! You say the meanest things!

No, it doesn't say that it was because of Lost. You're right. (Hah, something Gas would never say!)

M

makare

Yeah that was kind of out of line and I always call him Krisky... don't try and taint that name.

During the next election I fully expect him to run an ad that has him looking at a camera and saying: "Nerds. Remember when I moved my State of the Union so you, my fellow americans, could watch the further adventures of the brave individuals on oceanic flight 181? I need you to help me now." :)

K

Kitty Sinatra

Hey, if one of the planks in his platform includes getting a good Star Trek show on TV I'd stuff the ballot box for him.

And by good, I mean the middle seasons of The Next Generation.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/01/08/AR2010010803616.html

\"I don't foresee a scenario in which millions of people who hope to finally get some conclusion with 'Lost' are preempted by the president.\" White House press secretary Robert Gibbs told reporters at Friday's White House press briefing.

\"You can quote a senior administration official,\" he added.

K

Kitty Sinatra

Yeah, but that doesn't say anything resembling "We're not doing it that way to avoid a conflict with Lost"

Z

Zumbo Prime

Things like these make me lose hope in the human race a little more every day.

Does the Address actually have any weight behind it or is it just formality to make people feel more involved?

Status
Not open for further replies.