Export thread

Wow... the motherload of lawsuit. Paul Allen vs all eCommerce

Chibibar

BBC News - Paul Allen sues tech giants over 'patent violations'

This is interesting. I read the article, but not sure what are the grounds on it. Patent violation back to 1992??

SpecialKO

SpecialKO

I'm guessing this is happening because the patents are going to run out soon (if the standard 20 years applies), and he couldn't get them renewed?

Covar

Covar

If he's held the patents for years and is only just now filling the lawsuits I don't expect this to go anywhere. I remember hearing (on TWiT in regards to the latest Facebook lawsuit) that you cannot wait for someone to become rich and successful before you file a grievance. Like defending trademarks basically.

IDK, any law types on here that can confirm this?

Math242

Math242

no way they can win this.

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

TRY GETTING A RESERVATION AT DORSIA NOW YOU FFFFFFFFFFFFUCKING STUPID BASTARD

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

TRY GETTING A RESERVATION AT DORSIA NOW YOU FFFFFFFFFFFFUCKING STUPID BASTARD

Papillon

If he's held the patents for years and is only just now filling the lawsuits I don't expect this to go anywhere. I remember hearing (on TWiT in regards to the latest Facebook lawsuit) that you cannot wait for someone to become rich and successful before you file a grievance. Like defending trademarks basically.

IDK, any law types on here that can confirm this?
I'm not a law type, but I believe you are refering to the doctrine of laches. I thought I'd heard it can be difficult to claim in patent cases, but I can't find a source.