WTF moments

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm bartending tonight at the military mess and someone walked in playing the pipes, then walked right back out.

Anyone else have any WTF moments today?

W

Wasabi Poptart

I locked myself out of my house while searching for my lost set of keys.

figmentPez

Staff member
One of Felicia Day's tweets today caused me no small amount of puzzlement:
"Looking forward to not doing 3 projects at once & going back to tweeting about kitten vids and video games and vaginal vampire fiction."

I'm really hoping that "vaginal vampire fiction" is a typo.

Cajungal

Staff member
Ooh ooh, I might have told this already but...

I was walking around the track with my old 3rd grade class from earlier this year. Sometimes the teachers dress out for P.E. too and run as part of some school-wide health initiative. So I'm walking, and one of the more shrill and talkative kids in my class runs up to catch me. She tells me to slow down and I tell her to go at her own pace and we'll talk after P.E. She keeps speed-walking alongside me and says "I bet I know why you have so much energy. You probably sleep with your boyfriend all the time!"

To which a disgusted girl behind me responds, "Ugh, she'd never do that! I'm sure she's single!"

Interesting afternoon.

Ooh ooh, I might have told this already but...

I was walking around the track with my old 3rd grade class from earlier this year. Sometimes the teachers dress out for P.E. too and run as part of some school-wide health initiative. So I'm walking, and one of the more shrill and talkative kids in my class runs up to catch me. She tells me to slow down and I tell her to go at her own pace and we'll talk after P.E. She keeps speed-walking alongside me and says "I bet I know why you have so much energy. You probably sleep with your boyfriend all the time!"

To which a disgusted girl behind me responds, "Ugh, she'd never do that! I'm sure she's single!"

Interesting afternoon.
How old are these kids?

I have a deaf-ish, technologically challenged, senior citizen, receptionist that sits a few feet behind me.

Yesterday over the course of 30 minutes there is a random-rhythm continuous string of Windows Stop Errors going off in my cubicle. First I think my computer is on the Fritz. Then I notice that there is nothing wrong with my PC. I check the 3 laptops and desktop that I am working on for errors, and the sound continues. I walk out my cubicle and see the receptionist madly clicking her mouse and every time she does the Stop Error repeats, with the speakers at full volume. See, she likes to quad-click anything that needs to be single clicked. She madly clicked on the sound settings, but clicked so fast that the property screen ended up behind the Control Panel Window. Like any good "user" she continued to quad-click on the sound icon thinking that after 30 minutes of doing the same action the properties window would magically reopen.

Needless to say I was in a bit of a huff at that point. I snatch her mouse away and in 3 clicks I fix her volume problem.

Then she tells me "Don't be mad...."

I was given a GPS system that was used on sea ships and given the task of getting a program to interface with it and collect co-ordinates. We didn't have a manual for the device but once I got it powered on I found this big help button. I thought that might at least get us started with how to use it.

After pressing the button, it rapidly beeped a couple of times and then the screen started flashing: Sending S.O.S. signal

I jumped out of my seat and I unplugged the power cable hoping the thing would turn off…. It didn’t. It must have had an emergency battery inside because it carried on going and there was no stopping it.

I waited, very anxiously, expecting a helicopter to appear outside the office at any moment, wondering how I was going to explain what had happened.

Suddenly this flash went off and I lost my eyesight and a swarm of people ran into my office…. laughing

April Fools 2008.

My face was on the billboard for a month.

They got me good.

I was working on a system the other day where the issue was that every time firefox tried to open, the system would pull up the "which program would you like to open this with?" box and suggest to use firefox.

Why yes, I would like to use firefox to open firefox. It's kinda the point. I didn't want to see what would happen if I opened firefox with internet explorer. My luck, it'd rip a hole in the time-space continuum and I'd wind up destroying all of reality.

I wound up just reimaging it due to viruses and that took care of it.

fade

Staff member
Last night, I was playing with that stupid Talking Tom iPhone app, making it say things like, "I want you to flip me over and do me dry" and the like. Then I hear my 8 year giggle from down the hall. It was like midnight and I'd just checked on him. Here's hoping it was a coincidence, and that I don't have to deflect or explain anal to an 8 year old later.

figmentPez

Staff member
I was doing a crossword earlier, and one of the clues was "cousin to a bagel" and the answer was bialy. I knew I'd heard of that food item before, but I couldn't quite remember. So, I decided to do a google image search to refresh my memory. The first dozen or so results were of the food, but about 3/4 of the way down the page was a pic of Lucy Pinder. Seriously, is there any search term you can put into Google and not come up with unrelated boobs? This makes even less sense to me when I tried to search for a pic of "palm tree sunglasses" and the results included a topless girl (even with safe search on) who was not wearing sunglasses, nor was she near palm trees.

I was doing a crossword earlier, and one of the clues was "cousin to a bagel" and the answer was bialy. I knew I'd heard of that food item before, but I couldn't quite remember. So, I decided to do a google image search to refresh my memory. The first dozen or so results were of the food, but about 3/4 of the way down the page was a pic of Lucy Pinder. Seriously, is there any search term you can put into Google and not come up with unrelated boobs? This makes even less sense to me when I tried to search for a pic of "palm tree sunglasses" and the results included a topless girl (even with safe search on) who was not wearing sunglasses, nor was she near palm trees.
Number of people who left this thread to Google 'bialy' to see if Lucy Pinder's boobs showed up: All of them.

E

Elathril

Hi everyone,

long time lurker first time poster

NO IDEA why I decided to register now, to respond to this... But oh well :)

Bialy or more correctly Biały
is Polish for White hence Ms Pinders appearance in her White lingerie set :)

P.S. I guess it's something about Lucy that makes men open up... ? :D
P.P.S. And also... Chad called it :p
P.P.P.S. General Specific... Think PORTAL for your Firefox - IE issue, they even have the colours right

This is a very popular brand of baby stool to help toddlers reach the bathroom sink and what not. I have one at home, and if you can't make out the label, it reads "Rated for 360 kgs"

That's a big baby...

Status
Not open for further replies.