Export thread

Ye Olde Halforums Pub (Est. 2009)

Rob King

Rob King

The forum needs another alcohol thread, I feel. One to discuss alcohol specifically, not it's inebriating power or pharmaceutical applications.

So!
*Wipes hands in dishtowel*
What'll you have?

Terrik

Terrik

Erdinger Stout.

Troll

Troll

I've always heard such good things about Johnny Walker Blue. I'll take one on the rocks, 2 cubes.

Kitty Sinatra

I just drained my glass of Jagermeister. I'll take a glass of Alpenbitter now please . . . it's pretty much the same thing but made in Grimsby, Ontario, Canada.

But sweeter.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Glen Breton with water on the side. And a Pousse-cafe, seven layers please.

Koko

Shiner Bock
Oh yes, Texas' finest

rabbitgod

The oatmeal stout in the fridge that I'm saving for a party on the 7th. The 7th!

It taunts me so.

Krisken

Krisken

The oatmeal stout in the fridge that I'm saving for a party on the 7th. The 7th!

It taunts me so.
What brand? I've found a couple Oatmeal stouts that are decent, but not my favorites. Founders Breakfast stout is fantastic, though.

For beers, Founders Breakfast Stout, Sam Adams Cream Stout, Young's Double Chocolate Stout (bottle, not that canned crap), and Lienenkugel's (yeah, I know) Fireside Nut when it's in season.

Hard liquor would be Brandy Cokes.

Laurelai

shot of Sambuca please
... and a Red Stripe chaser!

Shakey

Shakey

I could go for some Knob Creek or Wild Turkey Rare Breed, on the rocks. Been way too long since I've had some good bourbon.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Jameson on the rocks and a glass of ginger ale.

Occasional Poster

Newcastle, please. So good on tap... :)

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Morgoth

Ah that's a good starter beer my friend, but there is so much more to see and to drink.
Samuel Smith's Nut Brown Ale

Give it a whirl if you can get your hands on it. It'll make Newcastle taste like rendered liquid pig slop.

---------- Post added at 09:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 PM ----------

I love that show and try to model my life after Cliff.

LordRavage

Passion fruit and rum....with a drop of blood for flavor.

Kitty Sinatra

I love that show and try to model my life after Cliff.
There's a winning plan!

I modeled my baseball career after Coach.

rabbitgod

It taunts me so.
What brand? I've found a couple Oatmeal stouts that are decent, but not my favorites. Founders Breakfast stout is fantastic, though.

For beers, Founders Breakfast Stout, Sam Adams Cream Stout, Young's Double Chocolate Stout (bottle, not that canned crap), and Lienenkugel's (yeah, I know) Fireside Nut when it's in season.

Hard liquor would be Brandy Cokes.[/QUOTE]

Homemade.

Oatmeal stouts are hard because the dark malts can overpower the oatmeal, but if you go crazy on the oatmeal then you loose that stout bite. For commercial Anderson Valley Barney Flats Oatmeal Stout is good, if not hard to say after a few.

I've a steam beer in hand at the moment.

Krisken

Krisken

Nice! Homebrew is cool.

I got some Ommegang Three Philosophers belgian style ale. About to pop the cork.

Wasabi Poptart

I'll take a cold bottle of Green Flash Brewing Co.'s Trippel Belgian-style Ale.

Occasional Poster

Ah that's a good starter beer my friend, but there is so much more to see and to drink.
Samuel Smith's Nut Brown Ale

Give it a whirl if you can get your hands on it. It'll make Newcastle taste like rendered liquid pig slop.[/quote]

Thank you. Sadly, it seems the only Samuel beer available in my country is the good old Sam Adams, but I'll be sure to inquire about Samuel Smith with my more beer savvy friends.

With luck I'll be able to import it. :)

Denbrought

Denbrought

I miss drinking Franziskaner, all three main kinds :<

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

I only drink girly, sweet, fruity drinks. And I love them. They taste like candy but make me drunk!

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

Sleeman's Cream Ale please.
Fine, then Rickard's Red.
Fine then, Sleeman's Honey Lager.
Alright fine. Red Stripe.

Okay, this bar sucks. Molson Canadian.

Iaculus

Do you do a whiskey sour?

Finest and simplest of the cocktails. Also, for some reason, the rarest - at least, it is everywhere I've visited.

Bubble181

Bubble181

I'll have a Cuvée van de Keizer please...Preferably 2005 or 2003.

Kitty Sinatra

Heyya bubs. Haven't seen you 'round here for a while. Buy a kitty a drink? :unibrow:

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

=Buys the kitty an icy Cock Fight=

Enjoy! Sláinte!

Kitty Sinatra

That sounds delicious!

Wasabi Poptart

I'd like a Bellini with my brunch.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

That sounds delicious!
Cock Fight
  • Measure of Famous Grouse Scotch Whisky
  • Measure of Wild Turkey Bourbon Whiskey
  • Stir in rocks glass over ice
Bellinis' would have been perfect for the party last night!

Kitty Sinatra

oh. it's just booze.

Armadillo

On my last visit to my weekly watering hole, I noticed that the Summit Winter Ale tap had gone up. This makes me very happy, indeed.

Frank

Frankie Williamson

Just gimme a pint of Keith's, no need to be fancy today.

Soliloquy

The only beer I've had that I've actually enjoyed was newcastle, though that's been mentioned before.

Docseverin

Docseverin

I'll take a Dark Castle. Half a glass of Newcastle with Murphys Irish Stout on top.

Vytamindi

Vytamindi

Rum and coke, please. Be generous with the lime!

fade

fade

I'll take one of those Beer brand beers they're always asking for on movies and television. You know, "I'll have a Beer." Or, "Can I get you anything?" "Just a Beer." Must be good. Everyone's always asking for it.

Rob King

Rob King

I'll take one of those Beer brand beers they're always asking for on movies and television. You know, "I'll have a Beer." Or, "Can I get you anything?" "Just a Beer." Must be good. Everyone's always asking for it.
How about Archie Bunker's brand?

I remember my father explaining to me about the concept of inventing a fictitious brand for use in a TV show or movie. This was the case study.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

I'll take a case of Bud Light and family sized bag of Cheetos. And I'll be set for a weekend of Football (college and pro) and Warcraft.

Morgoth

In PA, Philly area, if you ask for a "Lager" they give you Yuengling. When I was at Pitt, you could ask for a "beer", and you'd get Iron City staring at you with it's cold, dead, lifeless eyes.

Fun Size

Fun Size

I'll take a dry Bombay Sapphire martini with two olives.

Espy

Espy

On my last visit to my weekly watering hole, I noticed that the Summit Winter Ale tap had gone up. This makes me very happy, indeed.
I love that beer. None of my places have it up yet... Now I have to go bar to bar looking for an armadillo.

Jake

Jake

I'm bottling 12 gallons of red wine tonight. Depending on the amount of sampling required, work could be a little slow tomorrow.

Winemaking is great, but I miss having time to make beer. :(

Kitty Sinatra

I remember my father explaining to me about the concept of inventing a fictitious brand for use in a TV show or movie. This was the case study.
Yeah, the goode olde dayse back before they realized they could make money using real brands.

Armadillo

I love that beer. None of my places have it up yet... Now I have to go bar to bar looking for an armadillo.[/QUOTE]

You'll know the armadillo when you see it...big shell, long snout.

Old Chicago was the place I saw it. I'd tell you which one, but then you might track me down and run me over with a truck.

LordRavage

Damn! I could use PBR right now!

Chazwozel

In PA, Philly area, if you ask for a "Lager" they give you Yuengling. When I was at Pitt, you could ask for a "beer", and you'd get Iron City staring at you with it's cold, dead, lifeless eyes.[/QUOTE]

Ugh. Iron Shitty. Made from the finest used steel-plant water this side of the Appalachians!

twitchmoss

twitchmoss

Whiskey and Irn Bru for me thanks.

Bubble181

Bubble181

Heyya bubs. Haven't seen you 'round here for a while. Buy a kitty a drink? :unibrow:
My pleasure. Barkeep, something sweet and intoxicating for the brainless pussy, and something spicy for me, please!

Silvanesti

Blah, its cold as balls here. I'll have a hot buttered rum please.

Fun Size

Fun Size

But it's rum. That's been warmed up. And then someone put butter in it. That's...that's just wrong.

Someone get this man a hot grog. Put it on my tab.

Wasabi Poptart

I'm bottling 12 gallons of red wine tonight. Depending on the amount of sampling required, work could be a little slow tomorrow.

*sneaks a bottle of Jake's homemade wine*

My parents had a friend who used to make some of the best homemade red that I've had. It was deceptively potent. Tasted almost like grape juice, but had a punch you never expected.

Silvanesti

But it's rum. That's been warmed up. And then someone put butter in it. That's...that's just wrong.

Someone get this man a hot grog. Put it on my tab.[/QUOTE]

...Hot.... Grog? Well, I'll try it. Can't hurt, right? (right?!)

Espy

Espy

I love that beer. None of my places have it up yet... Now I have to go bar to bar looking for an armadillo.[/QUOTE]

You'll know the armadillo when you see it...big shell, long snout.

Old Chicago was the place I saw it. I'd tell you which one, but then you might track me down and run me over with a truck.[/QUOTE]

I will find you. And I WILL destroy you. Or buy you a drink. WHO KNOWS.:paranoid:

rabbitgod

As noted earlier I make beer. I'd love to make some wine, but I don't have enough room at the moment. I have 10 gallons of Apfelwein aging and they're taking up about half my fermenting space. So I've this little corner for beer.

We should do a booze trade. I'm transfering a Wit to secondary tonight.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

If my drink isn't being prepared like this:

I don't want it. :humph:

Krisken

Krisken

By cheap actors in costumes?

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

By cheap actors in costumes?
Actors.... right... totally.... :ninja:

fade

fade

If my drink isn't being prepared like this:

I don't want it. :humph:
Where's the other girl and the cup?

Vytamindi

Vytamindi

What video is that from??? I'm guessing one with adult undertones.

Jake

Jake

As noted earlier I make beer. I'd love to make some wine, but I don't have enough room at the moment. I have 10 gallons of Apfelwein aging and they're taking up about half my fermenting space. So I've this little corner for beer.

We should do a booze trade. I'm transfering a Wit to secondary tonight.[/QUOTE]
After seeing the shipping charge when I sent a bottle to Zen, I don't think it's worth it to swap except in person.

I used to make a vicious Wit. I found that adding about 4 oz of freshly shaved ginger root to the secondary sent it into heavenly territory. Really brings out the wheat tang if you're brewing all-grain. Using about 5-10% of your grain as rolled oats is nice, too. I was working on a lime zest and lemongrass Wit with a little chili spice to it, but I don't think I ever perfected the recipe.

And yes, work has been a little slow today. Sampling 12 gallons of 14% abv wine here and there apparently adds up.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Orders Shego a virgin bloddy [STRIKE]Samantha[/STRIKE] Mary! :whistling:

rabbitgod

Jake said:
shipping and stuff
That's true, shipping is costly. So much packaging and the weight to delicious is not slanted favorably.

I've heard of using ginger root before. I thought about trying it next time I make a Wit. This one smelled wonderfull when I checked on it earlier.

I need to bottle 5 gallons of my Apfelwein in the next two or so weeks. I don't have a corker or enough wine bottles though. I still want to make wine :(

---------- Post added at 01:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:35 PM ----------

I had a Kiltlifter today at lunch. It was ok. I always try to get a Tucson made beer when I go to bars/restaurants, but they didn't have any today.

Jake

Jake

My local brew store rents very nice corkers for $5/day. I'd look into that. A high-grade corker makes all the difference.

Speaking of which, who could use a high-grade corking? The line starts here ->

Shakey

Shakey

You can also go to the bars and see if they will save the empty glass vodka bottles for you. Make sure they keep the tops too. It may not be the best way to bottle wine, but it's cheap and it works.

And make sure they are screw on tops...

rabbitgod

My local brew store rents very nice corkers for $5/day. I'd look into that. A high-grade corker makes all the difference.

Speaking of which, who could use a high-grade corking? The line starts here ->
Mine does as well. But I need to go down there and apparently that's taking a lot more willpower than I thought I had.

Anyway, back to posts where people order drinks.