Export thread

Yo Halforums Find Me a Digital Camera

ElJuski

ElJuski

I need a digital camera (or a scanner, I guess, but a camera is so much more useful) to help keep my comic up and running--notice how its more of a blog?--so I want to buy a thrifty, yet properly functional camera to take pictures of doodles and maybe, just maybe, family and friends.

Obviously though, I have no idea what constitutes a "good" camera besides looking at price. So, any suggestions? Trying to stay around $50 - $60 in price range.

Gracias brochachos!

Roxxoredizorz

Not going to lie to you, you won't find anything "good" in the 50-60 price range, unless you go to Ebay and find one there. Most, even bad to mediocre, cameras are at least 150-200

phil

phil

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16838111023

Or maybe get a webcam and take really grainy looking pictures of your doodles or do live broadcasts of your doodle.

No judgments either way.

drifter

drifter

Yeah, any camera in this price range is probably gonna be pretty craptacular. It might behoove you to save your money and just use the camera on your cell phone, as the quality difference probably won't be too great (assuming, of course, that you (a) have a cel phone and (b) it has a camera).

A quick google search comes up with a lot of Vivitar, which doesn't inspire confidence. Anything in this price range looks like it will be a fixed lens (no zoom), which is actually a good thing, as they're pretty simple and thus hard to fuck up, both in terms of manufacturing and personal use. You can actually probably take pretty good pictures with a cheap fixed lens camera, provided you know what you're doing and keep expectations in check. Still though, at this price range, I'd probably just get the cheapest hunk of crap I can find, as any difference in performance in your given price range would be negligible, or go with the cell phone camera. If you are willing to increase your budget up to around the $90-$120 price range, I mentioned some cameras that are pretty well regarded in this thread.