Export thread

You wake up and slowly realize...

Timmus

Timmus

You're not really sure why but someone is following you and trying to kill you. You have been driving across America for days desperately trying to stay one step ahead of your pursuers. You're holed up in some dingy ashtray of a motel in Minot North Dakota. You hope to god no one knows where you are.

You're shaving in the rooms green washroom lit by a single unshaded 40 watt incandescent light bulb. You notice a briefcase sitting on the stained and saggy bed and wonder if it might have something to do with the people you're hiding from.

Half shaved you walk to the bed and inspect the briefcase. It's made of faded brown leather and shut with a tarnished brass buckle. Behind you water slowly drips into a puddle on the floor from the ceiling. You undo the buckle and open the briefcase and...

You're wearing a parachute standing next to the open door of an airplane. You jump out and pull the ripcord. You don't remember ever learning to skydive but you seem to be doing alright. You float gracefully into the empty driver seat of silver sports convertible which is speeding down a winding ocean side highway. Maybe it's Big Sur but you have no idea. You pin the accelerator in a blatant display of contempt for your own safety and that of anyone else unfortunate enough to share the road with you...

You're off road now flying across rolling emerald hills when an abandoned boarded up mine shaft appears before you. You smash into it at top speed as the boards splinter and fly in all directions...

You wake up and slowly realize you need to change your undershorts.

<<Focus>>
Write a short story from a second person perspective and end it with the phrase "You wake up and slowly realize..."

Iaculus

Technically, that's second-person.

First-person:
"I wake up and slowly realise..."

Second-person:
"You wake up and slowly realise..."

Third-person:
"Iaculus wakes up and slowly realises..."

Shannow

Shannow

I am not doing your creative writing 101 homework for you.

Timmus

Timmus

First-person:

Second-person:

Third-person:
Oops that is super embarrassing. I'm going to go fix that.

---------- Post added at 04:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:07 PM ----------

It's not homework.

I'm just bored and making poorly considered threads.

Wasabi Poptart

You're looking out of a car window from the backseat. The world is flying past at 80 miles per hour. Farms, interstates, suburbs and cities are a blur as the hours drag on. You're feeling nervous. Apprehensive really. Everything seems like it's been completely mixed up. You know you could have done some things differently, but then again you never expected this.
You turn your attention from the outside and take in your surroundings. The black pleather, vinyl seat feels sticky under your damp palms. The bluish headliner is faded and worn with age. There is a distinct musty smell, of old cigarettes, late nights that have blended into early mornings, and sweaty ass. Your thoughts wander. How did you get in this mess? You got in one little fight. Your mom got scared. And the last thing she said was, "You're movin' with your auntie and uncle in Bel-Air!"

Bowielee

Bowielee

First-person:

Second-person:

Third-person:
Oops that is super embarrassing. I'm going to go fix that.

---------- Post added at 04:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:07 PM ----------

It's not homework.

I'm just bored and making poorly considered threads.[/QUOTE]

Besides, I'm sure that Timmus is smart enough to realize that there are plagiarism programs that would find this thread in an instant.

Gusto

Gusto

It's only 3:30 in the morning. You roll over and grumble.