Export thread

Your favorite Boner is missing

Dave

Dave

http://www.cnn.com/2010/SHOWBIZ/TV/02/22/growing.pains.actor.missing/index.html?hpt=T2

Yes, the actor who played Boner on the show Growing Pains - Andrew Koenig - has gone missing. The actor missed his flight and has not been seen in days. His dad is really worried and now police are involved. His dad? Chekov. Not that that means anything, but it's the trivia like that which I find interesting.

Espy

Espy

He also played a pretty good Joker in Batman:Dead End.

Hope they find him.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Whew, thought something happened to young Charles. Hope they find him.

Kitty Sinatra

There's a joke about going flaccid in here somewhere, but I can't find it.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

no "This news leaves my head hanging low" ?

Iaculus

A Boner is a terrible thing to have disappear.

Chad Sexington

Garbledina

Whew, thought something happened to young Charles. Hope they find him.
My first thought as well...

I heard about this story earlier, from LeVar Burton on Twitter. Hopefully this turns out well.

Dave

Dave

Dude's 41 so I doubt it'll be that bad but he did have a history of depression so you never know. Still, let it be known that had the guy been a child I probably wouldn't be making these jokes.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

There's a joke about going flaccid in here somewhere, but I can't find it.
Maybe. But all I know is the search is going to end up being long and hard.

Kitty Sinatra

My first thought as well...
I don't know why. Dave said our favorite one was missing.

Dave

Dave

Dave said our favorite one was missing.
It was going to be MY favorite Boner was missing but I've had enough old jokes for the week. I had nightmares of the little blue pill jokes that would have followed...

Kitty Sinatra

I believe we're gonna start making them now, anyway. I'd do it right now, if I could figure out how to make it work.

Chazwozel

According to Kirk Cameron, Boner was raptured away...

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

Bowielee

Bowielee

Well, they found him dead, I bet you all feel like asses now.

I know I do because I almost made a thread entitled "Tom Brazelton get's a Boner". My god, I'm a horrible human being, but it's still making me giggle.

Kovac

Kovac

Time for an awkward silence...

The actor son of Star Trek veteran Walter Koenig has been found dead in a wood in Vancouver, police have said.

Koenig said his 41-year-old son Andrew, who suffered from depression, "took his own life".

I'm not familiar with growing pains or the character his son played but as i'm sure most people are, i'm very familiar with the work of Walter Koenig.

Dave

Dave

I don't feel like an ass at all. I was hoping they would find him alive but all of the signs have been pointing to depressive suicide since he's been missing. I feel for the family, though.

Fun Size

Fun Size

Yeah, it's all fun and games until someone finds a stiff.

CrimsonSoul

CrimsonSoul

Yeah, it's all fun and games until someone finds a stiffy.
FTFY

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

What was it with the innuendo and the side-kicks of the 80's sitcom's.

Boner and Cock-roach...

or from the 70's Ralph Mouth

Chazwozel

It's all fun and games until you hear his bereaved father give a press conference asking people who are considering suicide to stop and think about the people that care about them, and how their actions will affect those people. I think committing suicide is probably the most chicken shit thing one can do. If you've got two working legs, no medical problems, and a brain in your head, you ain't got it so bad. Look at all these people with medical disabilities that trek on despite low chances and hardships.

Here you go:
That girl has been through 6-7 surgeries just to look normal. Life ain't so bad.

ElJuski

ElJuski

I mean, there are plenty of valid, existential reasons to commit suicide; that said, it always is horribly sad--and usually, not the best way out. But I think anyone whose seen / shared some of that twisted headspace which leads to that moment knows the torment; I mean, they chemically ain't right in the body and mind. They aren't gonna be able to think rationally or always count their blessings.

Though, my god, seeing that poor girl really bummed me out...but made me feel better about my life this morning!

drawn_inward

drawn_inward

Shot his load, and is no more.

But, seriously, suicide is ridiculous and selfish. Here's to life!

Cog

Cog

Anyone knows what happened to that girl after the earthquake?