Export thread

Your thin mint habit is killing orangutans!

strawman

strawman

http://www.annarbor.com/news/slave-...renegade-girl-scouts-are-asking-the-question/

I thought it was an interesting local story. Funny to see the girl scout organization point to the baker and say, "We have no control over the recipes." Also striking that girl scout cookies only generate about $700 million per year - I'd have guessed higher.

I didn't realize that it was Kellog's (a michigan company) that baked some of the cookies. Cereal and girl scout cookies, whodathunkit? Especially since they originally started out as a health spa many decades ago. Funny how things evolve over time.

Our fight against transfats is hurting an ecosystem far away. If we give up palm oil, what replacement will we choose, and what ecosystem will be damaged as we switch to it?

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

“Little Brownie Bakers intends to purchase sustainable palm oil once a segregated palm oil supply is available that is financially and logistically feasible,”
That's my favourite line!

Baerdog

Baerdog

Huh, this is something I'd never have even thought of. I think it's pretty amazing that these girls have taken the issue as far as they have. It will be very interesting to see how successful they are in the future and I hope they manage to bring about some real change.