Export thread

You're terminated, fucker.

Chazwozel

Yep, I got shit canned today along with my whole department due to higher up pricks who decided to cut corners. Fun times.

Adam

Adammon

Sorry to hear that Chaz. I always thought healthcare was one of the safe places to be in an economic downturn.

Hylian

Hylian

oooh that sucks. I hope it all works out for you.

Chazwozel

Sorry to hear that Chaz. I always thought healthcare was one of the safe places to be in an economic downturn.

Not when your shithead higher ups fuck up their budgets so bad that whole departments go under. (Do those assholes lose their jobs? Hell no!)

Adam

Adammon

Not when your shithead higher ups fuck up their budgets so bad that whole departments go under. (Do those assholes lose their jobs? Hell no!)[/QUOTE]

Hell no, they get promoted because they reduced administrative overhead. Not producing anything in the long term, but short term, numbers look good.

Krisken

Krisken

That sucks man. I hope you find another job soon.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Good luck man.

Espy

Espy

That sucks man. I hope you find another job soon.
Ditto.

EsteBeatDown

Not when your shithead higher ups fuck up their budgets so bad that whole departments go under. (Do those assholes lose their jobs? Hell no!)[/QUOTE]

So do you still have your cleaning business to fall back on?

Dave

Dave

If anyone has the ability to get something prestigious quickly it's you. You're a God damned scientist!

Good luck, Chaz! With everything going on you need some good luck for a change.

Le Quack

Was this the job you told us you were taking a risk on not too long ago? Its shitty to see it didn't turn out. I hope you and your family will make it easy throughout the holidays and last until you can find another job.

Shannow

Shannow

We should form a business venture.

Troll

Troll

Blech. Sorry to hear that. He's to hoping your unemployment will be temporary.

Chazwozel

Was this the job you told us you were taking a risk on not too long ago? Its shitty to see it didn't turn out. I hope you and your family will make it easy throughout the holidays and last until you can find another job.
Not a risk really. I thought this would be a sure thing for at least 5 years. Oh well. My department was chugging along just fine under my iron fist. I don't think I'll have too much of a problem finding work. There's always post-doc positions.

---------- Post added at 04:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:53 PM ----------

Not when your shithead higher ups fuck up their budgets so bad that whole departments go under. (Do those assholes lose their jobs? Hell no!)[/quote]

So do you still have your cleaning business to fall back on?[/QUOTE]

Yes sir. My wife is my sugah mama now.

nufan

I feel your pain. and on a monday no less. that's just heartless.

Higher ups never get fired because they have their nose so far up someone else's ass they can smell the mouthwash.

Chazwozel

I feel your pain. and on a monday no less. that's just heartless.

Higher ups never get fired because they have their nose so far up someone else's ass they can smell the mouthwash.

I had to console two of my technicians because the holidays are coming up. They asked me why we were let go on a Monday too. Monday is the worst day for this sort of shit.

SpecialKO

SpecialKO

I'm so sorry to hear that, Chaz. That fucking sucks.

Hopefully you can get back in the saddle again before too long.

Cuyval Dar

My condolences, Chaz.

rabbitgod

That sucks man. I can't believe they did it on a monday and before a holiday.

In two weeks some dickheads will be sitting in a conference room talking about how great it is they cut their budget.

Cajungal

Cajungal

:( Sorry, chaz.

Dusty668

Good luck.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Goddamn, I'm sorry, Chaz. I'm glad you don't feel finding work will be too much of a problem; I hope that's the case for the rest of your department too.

And what a bunch of shitheads in the upstairs...

Wasabi Poptart

Sorry Chaz. That really blows goats to be let go right before the holidays.

drawn_inward

drawn_inward

Damn it. That's jacked up. Hope you find something better!

Lally

That sucks :( I'm sorry to hear that. Good luck finding something else soon!

Soliloquy

Yikes, that's gotta sting. I hate it when poor management ends up hurting the people who actually do all the work, with no real consequences for the people who made the actual mistakes.

Thread Necromancer

Thread Necromancer

My condolences as well Chaz and to your underlings.

bhamv3

bhamv3

G'luck, Chazzy ol' boy!

IronBrig4

IronBrig4

Oh man, sorry to hear that. Why would anybody lay people off just before Thanksgiving?

Bubble181

Bubble181

What the rest of 'm said. =(

Math242

Math242

do you get any severance package?

Chazwozel

do you get any severance package?

I got nothing but a pat on the head and two weeks pay. I'm really more pissed than worried about getting a new job. I'm actually contemplating on joining the army to be honest. Army scientists get to work on some funky shit.

fade

fade

Well, to be fair, they did stipulate no reanimation projects specifically in your contract. The fact that all your "assistants" had hunchbacks and substandard English skills didn't help. I understand from HR that the villagers with pitchforks and torches were the last straws. Bad for PR.

Odie

Chaz, What type of science are you interested in?
I know pretty much every single Army Science lab in the country and they are always looking for good slave labor... er I mean scientists, yes scientists.

In all seriousness if your interested in Army Medical Science let me know.

Chazwozel

I know pretty much every single Army Science lab in the country and they are always looking for good slave labor... er I mean scientists, yes scientists.

microbiology, which is why I'd like to go Navy if I go military. The Navy has a ridiculous micro program. In all honesty, I'll probably post-doc for a couple of years and try my shot at assistant professor somewhere. But until I get a job, I'll be happily suckling on the teat of the unemployment office.

Covar

Covar

microbiology, which is why I'd like to go Navy if I go military. The Navy has a ridiculous micro program. In all honesty, I'll probably post-doc for a couple of years and try my shot at assistant professor somewhere. But until I get a job, I'll be happily suckling on the teat of the unemployment office.[/QUOTE]

Would that be a field where you go in as an officer? Because with your background I wouldn't go unless you can guarantee the shot at being an officer.

Wasabi Poptart

From what I know, they would put him in as an officer. I don't think he could go in as enlisted and do microbiology research. Though if I were you, Chaz, I'd try to get a job as a government contractor instead of going in the military.

Covar

Covar

You're right it doesn't sound like a field that would take enlisted, I was just wondering since I've only heard of Medical staff, JAG, and Chaplains getting to go in as officers from the start.

Odie

Chaz, I would try SAIC. They are heavily involved in the military science group, but its really dependent on where you are located. Here is a list of the top 50 US military Contractors to get you started.

http://74.125.93.132/search?q=cache...actors+US+Contractor&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Also dont put down Army Science we do alot of cool stuff too. ( Hey want malaria?). If your interested in 3rd world disease research check out the WRAIR (Walter Reed Army Institute of Research)/NMRC (Naval Medical Research Center) labs.

---------- Post added at 02:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:51 PM ----------

Covar, i can only answer for the Army side but most Army Research staff are officers (Lieutenants to Colonels, the few research staff that become Generals leave the table to become admistrators). We do have some enlisted staff whom do research for the army but they are almost always support staff and not consider principal investigators.

Chazwozel

Chaz, I would try SAIC. They are heavily involved in the military science group, but its really dependent on where you are located. Here is a list of the top 50 US military Contractors to get you started.

http://74.125.93.132/search?q=cache...actors+US+Contractor&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Also dont put down Army Science we do alot of cool stuff too. ( Hey want malaria?). If your interested in 3rd world disease research check out the WRAIR (Walter Reed Army Institute of Research)/NMRC (Naval Medical Research Center) labs.

---------- Post added at 02:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:51 PM ----------

Covar, i can only answer for the Army side but most Army Research staff are officers (Lieutenants to Colonels, the few research staff that become Generals leave the table to become admistrators). We do have some enlisted staff whom do research for the army but they are almost always support staff and not consider principal investigators.
Thanks I'll look into it. Today, however, I'm going to play Left for Dead 2 in my underwear like a true unemployed whale.

Espy

Espy

Thanks I'll look into it. Today, however, I'm going to play Left for Dead 2 in my underwear like a true unemployed whale.
That sounds perfectly lovely.

drawn_inward

drawn_inward

I've got a buddy doing a post-doc for the USDA and they pay quite a bit higher than most universities do.

Zappit

Zappit

Sorry to hear that, man - this help?

Chazwozel

Sorry to hear that, man - this help?

LoL bingo! Oh another hawhaw to my old place of work. I already got an interview for next Monday. :horn:

Cajungal

Cajungal

:clap: Alright! Good for you, Chaz. :)

LordRavage

Sorry to hear it Chaz.

Just see it as a break from working and enjoy it for a bit.

Best of luck with the interview. :)