Status
Not open for further replies.
I play irish music in a fairly successful band in Dallas, Paddy Gone Wild.
Here's a couple of samples of stuff we've recorded in the past (garage recordings, not in a studio):
http://www.tinwhistler.com/misc/pgw/05_boru.mp3
http://www.tinwhistler.com/misc/pgw/06_crested.mp3

We're coming out with our first cd soon, which is due out in a matter of days (in fact, we're calling them tomorrow to see if the pressing/printing is done). We have the above tunes, plus some faster irish dance music (reels and jigs--think of that dance scene in Titanic).

Over on the old forum, a number of people asked me if they could get my band's CD. Naturally, I've lost track of everyone who was interested, as the old forum no longer exists..so if you think you may be interested, please send me a PM. Please excuse the spamminess and enjoy the free music linked above if you aren't interested in a cd :)

Awesome!
Man.. I hate that this section is separate... I never remember to go look over here...

Tinwhistler said:
honestly, I don't know where the mastering was done or the price. After doing the studio work, we went with the mastering place recommended by the studio. I didn't write that check, so I just don't know how much it cost. But I can find out. All told, we spent about 6 or 7 grand from start to finish.
Nice.
I'm looking at mastering places for my record right now, I'm mixing it myself in Logic but I will need to get it mastered by someone. So far the best price I have gotten is 250 while most places are about 500-700.

Tinwhistler said:
Espy said:
Tinwhistler said:
honestly, I don't know where the mastering was done or the price. After doing the studio work, we went with the mastering place recommended by the studio. I didn't write that check, so I just don't know how much it cost. But I can find out. All told, we spent about 6 or 7 grand from start to finish.
Nice.
I'm looking at mastering places for my record right now, I'm mixing it myself in Logic but I will need to get it mastered by someone. So far the best price I have gotten is 250 while most places are about 500-700.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure we paid more than $250 :)
I wouldn't doubt it. Seems the average rate is about 600 bucks. Which isn't terrible but I may go cheaper because it's not that big of a deal to me. I dunno...

Tinwhistler said:
Bubble181 said:
Arrived in the mail today, listening to it now. So far, so good :thumbsup:
Glad you're liking it! But wow, that took longer than expected!
Well, I do think they "ship" this stuff on the back of a trout or something and just hope it feels like swimming a good long while :-P

Great clip man, post anything else you guys get filmed! I have got to remember to check this part of the board more often.

Status
Not open for further replies.