20 Worst drinks to drink

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Article said:
1. Worst Beverage in America

Cold Stone PB&C (Gotta Have It size, 24 fl oz)

2,010 calories
131 g fat (68 g saturated)
153 g sugars
Sugar Equivalent: 30 Chewy Chips Ahoy Cookies

In terms of saturated fat, drinking this Cold Stone catastrophe is like slurping up 68 strips of bacon. Health experts recommend capping your saturated fat intake at about 20 grams per day, yet this beverage packs more than three times that into a cup the size of a Chipotle burrito.
[size=+2]Yeeessss!!![/size] :rockon:

Arizona Iced Tea has reduced the calories over the years. When they first came out my brother was drinking one, called me from his cell phone to tell me about this great new low calorie tea. He told me that this large can only had 120 calories. I asked him to look at the number of servings... "four" so he just drank 480 calories. That is about the same as a Big Mac... Or over 1/5th of your daily calories.

He quit drinking that stuff.

---------- Post added at 09:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 PM ----------

AND PEOPLE CAMPAIGN AGAINST BACON!!!!

K

Koko

The Cold Stone PB&C has OVER TEN OUNCES of JUST sugar and fat.

How can anything have ten ounces of sugar&fat?
How?!?!?!

S

Soliloquy

I don't really like bacon -- not the American sort, at least. Canadian Bacon actually resembles food, and so it is better.

S

Soliloquy

I have to wonder, though -- why is it that the worst drinks are always the best drinks?

R

rabbitgod

I don't see bacon grease anywhere on that list...
Because bacon grease is like drinking 67 bacon slices which is clearly less than #1.

Or it's so bad for you it's come full circle and is good for you. That's what I tell my self...when I lick my plate.

C

Chazwozel

We stopped making our own iced teas and lemonades (recipe: water, lemon, sugar) and started buying them in bottles or mixes, with ingredients like "high-fructose corn syrup" and "ascorbic acid" on the labels
This reporter is an idiot. OH NOES UR DRINKS HAVE VITAMIN C IN THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is some seriously biased reporting. I'm not saying soda is good for you, but she's making it seem like a Sunkist soda is the same as 6 orea icecream sandwiches:

Sunkist (1 bottle, 20 fl oz)

320 calories
0 g fat
84 g sugars
Sugar Equivalent: 6 Breyers Oreo Ice Cream Sandwiches
Ok, 84g of sugar is a lot, but it's calories and fat that also really, really count and 6 Oreo sandwiches = 960 calories and 36 g of fat. Her bias is trying to make it seem like the soda is the same as the the sandwiches when it's not.

Personally, I don't understand the whole soft drink phenomena. Yeah, they taste good and I'll occasionally have a Mountain Dew to wake myself up, but water, orange juice, and milk are just fine by my book (and beer).

And don't get me started on the beer. If you workout -like everyone should- beer will not make you fat no matter how many calories it has. Good beer is high in carbs and calories and is expensive; you're not supposed to drink it every Goddamn day like it's water.

Ok here's one I agree on:

Starbucks Peppermint White Chocolate Mocha with Whipped Cream (venti, 20 fl oz)

660 calories
22 g fat (15 g saturated)
95 g sugars
Mocha coffees are HORRIBLE for you. Especially because some people drink two a day or more as a coffee replacement.

Cold Stone PB&C (Gotta Have It size, 24 fl oz)

2,010 calories
131 g fat (68 g saturated)
153 g sugars
Holy fucking shit! It looks glorious, but I'd rather eat the caloric equivalent: a fucking steak dinner with extra butter on my sweet potato! <---- And that right there is the secret to weight loss and maintenance. Eat filling foods that aren't empty calories.

C

Chibibar

Chaz: but that is the problem. A lot of kids now-a-days (myself included except 5 weeks ago I drink water and tea -rarely-) drink soda AS IF it was water. They don't drink anything else or little of it (i.e. water and such)

I see kids drinking 6-10 cans a DAY and they don't exercise.

C

Chazwozel

Chaz: but that is the problem. A lot of kids now-a-days (myself included except 5 weeks ago I drink water and tea -rarely-) drink soda AS IF it was water. They don't drink anything else or little of it (i.e. water and such)

Yeah that's fucked up. We only keep Water, Orange Juice, Milk in my fridge so that's all the kids get. If we do get other types of juice (like cranberry or apple) I'll take the bottle from the store pour half into a 1 liter cup and fill both to the top with water to dilute everything down.

Oh wait, we also make lemonaid, lemons are actually cheaper than buying that powdered shit.

C

Chibibar

Yeah that's fucked up. We only keep Water, Orange Juice, Milk in my fridge so that's all the kids get. If we do get other types of juice (like cranberry or apple) I'll take the bottle from the store pour half into a 1 liter cup and fill both to the top with water to dilute everything down.

Oh wait, we also make lemonaid, lemons are actually cheaper than buying that powdered shit.[/QUOTE]

Yea. I kinda skip all that :) I just drink water now. I drink about 2 liter worth a day since I walk/run a mile a day and exercise each morning. I feel MUCH better now. I do drink occasional Mt. dew, but maybe like 1 can a week if I need one.

the powder stuff is not that great either :( all that sugar. The most I do is get a slice of lemon with my water.

C

Chazwozel

Oh wait, we also make lemonaid, lemons are actually cheaper than buying that powdered shit.[/QUOTE]

Yea. I kinda skip all that :) I just drink water now. I drink about 2 liter worth a day since I walk/run a mile a day and exercise each morning. I feel MUCH better now. I do drink occasional Mt. dew, but maybe like 1 can a week if I need one.

the powder stuff is not that great either :( all that sugar. The most I do is get a slice of lemon with my water.[/QUOTE]

Nah, I still dump a shit load of cane sugar into my lemonaide. It tastes so much better when it's 50% sugar water.

Cajungal

Staff member
Mmmm...man. Homemade lemonade. Sprig o' mint... I think I'm gonna do that today. If you're gonna drink a sugary drink, have a GOOD one.

I'm right there with you about beer as well. Why would I drink a Michelob Ultra when there's Abita Amber and Double Chocolate Stout to be enjoyed as an occasional treat?

K

Koko

I love Rockstar.

280 calories
0 g fat
62 g sugars
Still, compared to some stuff on that list it's not really that bad.
two ounces of something the body doesn't want at all is pretty bad.
thats where a lot of the "crash" of those drinks come from....two ounces of sugar fucks with your body pretty noticeably

C

Chazwozel

I love Rockstar.

280 calories
0 g fat
62 g sugars
Still, compared to some stuff on that list it's not really that bad.
two ounces of something the body doesn't want at all is pretty bad.
thats where a lot of the "crash" of those drinks come from....two ounces of sugar fucks with your body pretty noticeably[/QUOTE]

Well, my diet is total crap, so I suffer from crashes all the time. :/[/QUOTE]

If you changed your diet to eating things with - you know- protein in them instead of crashing on sugary shit, you'd gain weight like you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.