A new recording

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://soundclick.com/share?songid=8474375

It's a pretty simple song called "So Far". I need to rerecord the vocals because I worked in a couple of lines that are redundant. It's a rough recording, but I've been screwing up so many attempts that I decided to just post a raw version of it.

I need to hook my mixer up so that I can record bass.

Wow, that was nice! I really liked the verse for the guitar. As a counterpoint to Cajungal's comment, though, I think the vocals could use a little less mellow, a little more bombast. Towards the end, there was a part where you put a little more oomph into your delivery; I would have liked to hear more of that, you know? Just let it all hang out. Of course, I kind of like vocals a little on the ragged side, your mileage may vary. Anyway, :thumb:

I appreciate the input Drifter. Living in an apartment, it's hard to really let loose without disturbing either the neighbors or my wife in the other room. Before that, I lived with my grandmother who wasn't fond of the who rock music. So, between my environments, my vocals have taken quite the journal from what you'd describe as ragged to where they are now. I do really well in an environment where my vocals sit in the mix more...in a band environment, but that hasn't happened for quite some time.

I do envision the bridge section of that song to be more aggressive, even during an acoustic version. I actually want the song to build...starting off mellow during the first verse and building until that bridge...then crashing back to down to the first verse level.

I intend to record a couple of other songs and post them here. I appreciate any feedback or criticism anyone has. I've been pandering to myself for far too long and feedback from an outside source who isn't emotionally involved is great!

Status
Not open for further replies.