A Puzzle (No Googling, failurefriends)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElJuski

Staff member
A man is walking down the street when he passes by a restaraunt offering a special on turtle soup. He goes inside, tastes the soup. He goes home and kills himself.

Why?

You may only ask yes or no questions.

Because the soup was made from the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, the man was Shredder, and he committed suicide out of shame for having been outdone by a simple restaurant.

Dave

Staff member
See, this is one of those stupid faux riddles where the answer has nothing to do with the question.

---------- Post added at 09:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 AM ----------

I did Google it and it's lame. I like the Shredder answer better.

Dave

Staff member
I never posted the answer. That would be fail. I just figured it would be one of these impossible situation "riddle" things and I was right. So you failed in posting it and I win for not falling into your devious trap.

ElJuski

Staff member
But the fun is slowly unraveling the twine! In either case, the man still ate that turtle soup and then killed himself.

Yeah, I've heard this one before, though it was dove meat instead of turtle soup. It was lame.
I heard it that he had been stranded on an island with his wife and a friend. his wife died and his friend cooked her body telling him it was turtle so when he tried real turtle soup he realized he had eaten long pig and went to kill himself.

Don't read spoiler if you actually want to play game.

Dave

Staff member
What unraveling? The situation has nothing to do with the answer. Unraveling assumes that there's something to unravel.

For example, the right answer could be - but isn't:

When the guy was a little boy he used to own turtles. He loved them. In fact, he was nicknamed "Turtle Boy" because he was never seen without one. When he grew up he became a marine biologist specializing in saving endangered turtles. He circled the globe raising money, making people aware of the plight of the poor creatures. One day his galley cook served lunch, which Turtle Man loved. He couldn't get enough of the stuff. When he finished the last of the meal he called out the cook to find out what it had been. Turtle soup and turtle bisque. Turtle Man was crushed.

After that it was all downhill. Every time he tried to save a turtle all he could think about was how good they tasted. Finally he was forced to give up his job. Alone and despondent, he was walking through the Village. Seeing the sign he went in. It was as good as he remembered it to be.

Now, I have a ridde for you all:

He who makes it, doesn't want it.
He who buys it, doesn't need it.
He who needs it, doesn't know it.

What am I?

C

Chazwozel

What unraveling? The situation has nothing to do with the answer. Unraveling assumes that there's something to unravel.

When the guy was a little boy he used to own turtles. He loved them. In fact, he was nicknamed "Turtle Boy" because he was never seen without one. When he grew up he became a marine biologist specializing in saving endangered turtles. He circled the globe raising money, making people aware of the plight of the poor creatures. One day his galley cook served lunch, which Turtle Man loved. He couldn't get enough of the stuff. When he finished the last of the meal he called out the cook to find out what it had been. Turtle soup and turtle bisque. Turtle Man was crushed.

After that it was all downhill. Every time he tried to save a turtle all he could think about was how good they tasted. Finally he was forced to give up his job. Alone and despondent, he was walking through the Village. Seeing the sign he went in. It was as good as he remembered it to be.

That's fucking stupid. There is no way to infer that answer. How is that even a riddle? I might as well say. A man ate dogshit one day and couldn't stop. Why?

Answer: The dogshit was laced with MSG and the man tripped face first and tasted it. After that event he was so traumatized by the fact that he liked the taste of dogshit he impulsively ate it every time he saw some one the sidewalk.

ElJuski

Staff member

Yeah, I'm sorry I tried to pass the time with something even remotely entertaining that requires creative use of your imagination to figure out the hypothetical situation. *eyeroll*

Dave

Staff member

That's fucking stupid. There is no way to infer that answer. How is that even a riddle? I might as well say. A man ate dogshit one day and couldn't stop. Why?

Answer: The dogshit was laced with MSG and the man tripped face first and tasted it. After that event he was so traumatized by the fact that he liked the taste of dogshit he impulsively ate it every time he saw some one the sidewalk.[/QUOTE]

That's exactly my point. And is just as dumb as the original answer.

C

Chazwozel

Yeah, I'm sorry I tried to pass the time with something even remotely entertaining that requires creative use of your imagination to figure out the hypothetical situation. *eyeroll*[/QUOTE]

You bow your head in shame!

I hate out of the box riddles.

Dave

Staff member
It's okay, Juice. We understand. What you SHOULD do is instead of having a pat answer, give the situation and the original answer, then tell people to write their OWN ending.

You're filmfanatic.

The "it" you were referring to was a coffin, though.
Clever, clever. Now, for another:

I have billions of eyes, yet I live in darkness. I have millions of ears, yet only four lobes. I have no muscles, yet I move two hemispheres. What am I?

Ah the old colonel puzzle! Unless it's the ridiculous cannibalistic version that has sprouted up recently. If it is, shame on you!.

Curses! Foiled again! Another one:

What can run but never walks, has a mouth but never talks, has a head but never weeps, has a bed but never sleeps?

Answer: The dogshit was laced with MSG and the man tripped face first and tasted it. After that event he was so traumatized by the fact that he liked the taste of dogshit he impulsively ate it every time he saw some one the sidewalk.[/QUOTE]

That's Dave's point. The 'real' answer is just as stupid and isn't inferable from the question. The answer could also just as easily have been "The man had a terminal illness, and wanted to end it cleanly before he degenerated. He loved turtle soup, so he wanted to taste it one last time before he killed himself."

A river.

---------- Post added at 08:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:24 AM ----------

Curses! Foiled again! Another one:

What can run but never walks, has a mouth but never talks, has a head but never weeps, has a bed but never sleeps?
A river.

A colonel walks into a restaurant and orders the special of the day. After tasting the chicken he leaves then returns and burns the restaurant to the ground. Why?

Darn it! You have bested my riddles for the day! Ponder one more question for the time being until I return:

If you're so smart, why aren't you rich?

Status
Not open for further replies.