A Puzzle (No Googling, failurefriends)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

Staff member
A colonel walks into a restaurant and orders the special of the day. After tasting the chicken he leaves then returns and burns the restaurant to the ground. Why?
It's not chicken - it's PEOPLE! The colonel remembers the taste from his days on the African subcontinent where he ate with cannibal natives.

---------- Post added at 10:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:28 AM ----------

A colonel walks into a restaurant and orders the special of the day. After tasting the chicken he leaves then returns and burns the restaurant to the ground. Why?
OR

It's Colonel Sanders and he realized that they stole his secret recipe of 11 herbs and spices.

---------- Post added at 10:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 AM ----------

OR

He was once stranded on a desert island with his wife and a friend...

or:
The special of the day was supposed to be steak, and the man was off of his anti-psychotic meds, so in a fit of uncontrolled rage at being cheated, he burned the restaurant to the ground.

or: The man lived on an island. He had a pet chicken, named Mr. Bubbles, that had kept him company for these many years after his wife had passed away. There was only one chicken on the island...

It's Colonel Sanders and he realized that they stole his secret recipe of 11 herbs and spices.
[/QUOTE]

Yay! You win a bucket of chicken!

I also would have accepted that it was the OP's restaurant.

A man named El Juski is working at the local supermarket as a butchers apprentice. This job has given him a keen eye, rapier wit and strong hands. He is single but with his dashing good looks, 5'11" frame of lean muscle and fashion model eyebrows he is certain not to be single for long ladies. His only drawback is his girth. So the question remains, what does El Juski weigh?

ElJuski

Staff member
I think u gais r doin it rite!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
You're just jealous.[/QUOTE]

I'm disappointed that I didn't expect Halforums to do what it does best in this thread. There is one hypothetical solution; it is ridiculous; the fun is finding out the right questions to ask to retro-fit the absurd story to the solution. I guess that's blowing some gaskets.

Espy, me and you can play...alone ;)

Dave

Staff member
I think u gais r doin it rite!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
You're just jealous.[/QUOTE]

I'm disappointed that I didn't expect Halforums to do what it does best in this thread. There is one hypothetical solution; it is ridiculous; the fun is finding out the right questions to ask to retro-fit the absurd story to the solution. I guess that's blowing some gaskets.

Espy, me and you can play...alone ;)[/QUOTE]

Ah, but you notice we HAVE been doing this! Just not with your first one because you presented it as an actual riddle.

So :p

ElJuski

Staff member
I never presented it as a riddle at all. It's a puzzle. And no, you've just been dog-piling dicks about it :p

Not that it matters anyway, it's just any fun got deflated within five minutes.

Dave

Staff member
You don't like my Turtle Man story? You don't think that Mark Wahlberg and Shredder were funny?

You have no soul.

A man is sitting in a chair with a bullet hole in his head and he is surrounded by fifty-five bicycles. How did he die?

A man is standing on a beautiful island beach reading a letter. The contents of the letter are so engrossing that the cigarette in his hand burns his fingers but he fails to even notice this. After he finishes reading the letter he bursts into tears. Why?

a) You only asked how he died, not why he was killed.

b) The letter obviously had itching powder on it so that when he touched his eyes he burst into tears. Or his significant other left him. Or a family member died. Or something. Maybe he was on a soap opera and was looking into the stage lights to help his "emotional performance."

Next please.

Dave

Staff member
The letter is telling him he has cancer from smoking.

The guy died because the bike riders were French and he's Lance Armstrong. They can't stand he kicked their asses for so long with only 1 ball.

The letter is telling him he has cancer from smoking.

The guy died because the bike riders were French and he's Lance Armstrong. They can't stand he kicked their asses for so long with only 1 ball.
So close on the letter one.

Sorta close on the bicycle one.

Dave

Staff member
He's told he's going to die in a day from smoking cigarettes. The letter was sent yesterday.

M

makare

I have two books of lateral thinking puzzles. I like them. kind of reminds me of the LSAT.

S

Soliloquy

I just have to say, some Lateral thinking puzzles are quite clever. Others are so specific that they're the equivalent of saying "I just made up a story. Here's the ending. Now figure out my story."

One of my favorites is as follows:

"A woman goes to the store and buys a new pair of shoes. The next day she was dies at work. Why?"

Dave

Staff member
She worked in a subway and her new slick shoes caused her to slip and fall on the tracks.

Or something like that.

S

Soliloquy

She worked in a subway and her new slick shoes caused her to slip and fall on the tracks.

Or something like that.
Nope.

It'll help to start with more generalized questions, I'd say.

Yes or No, 20 questions-style. Only without the question limit.

Dave

Staff member
Ooh! Does it have to do with the HEIGHT of the shoes/heels? Like at her work does she have to dodge beams or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.