Export thread

A thread for secrets

phil

phil

My dream job would be touring as a comic/rapper. Not comedy rapping but doing both separately.

dunno why it edited my first post.

ORIGINAL SECRETS:

I really regret giving up the cello and trombone, but I never seem to have free time as is, and I don't know what I would do with it if I picked them up again.

I'm kind of attracted to my roommate. I know it wouldn't probably work between us though. Still, she's cute and easy to talk to. I fear it may crate a problem down the road but I don't actually THINK it will, just fear.

I feel like there's no real point in finishing college, even though I'm so close to the end.

Working at Target made me never want to have children, but I fear growing older and regretting not having them sooner.

linglingface

linglingface

Hmm not so much secrets as they are random facts that are not so secret...

I played clarinet from 4th-12th grade, first chair the last 2 years because I'm a fantastic sight reader. Put it away immediately after graduation and do not miss it one bit.

I went to the Art Institute and dropped out with less than 6 months to go on my Associates.

I was on the bowling team in high school with an average of less than 120. However, I was better than half my team. ;) Also, 3 of us were named Heather...

I don't gain weight. I can live off sugar for a week without gaining a pound. High metabolism, much? I take full advantage while I'm still able to. I know it won't last forever!

I have a crazy irrational fear of falling off of high places. I like to get to high places, but I won't get less than 10 ft from a cliff/overhang/edge... Seeing pictures of people sitting on a cliff, first person views over a tall building, etc... they make me uneasy! I start thinking crazy things like, what if there is a small rock and I/you/he/she/etc slip and fall over the edge? What if a big/small bird swoops down and startles me so I fall? What if I sneeze and trip? What if a big wind comes and I fall over? Etc, etc...

I love cartoons!

phil

phil

Oh god, we're the same person, just replace clarinet with trombone/cello and replace not gaining weight with not losing weight.

Also my name is Phil

Also I'm a guy*

*as far as anyone here knows.

strawman

strawman

I curse my future self because I know he's laughing at me and my petty fears and insecurities.

Curse you, 60 year old Adam!

This does not prevent me from laughing at 25 year old Adam though. Hehehe, that guy cracks me up.

Philosopher B.

I am in a severely appreciative state regarding over-sized posteriors and I am incapable of telling untruths.
Added at: 13:43
Also, my dream job would be Reese Witherspoon's gardener with whom she'd have an affair.

Necronic

Necronic

I played piano, trumpet, and baritone for upwards of 10 years, then stopped. Can't really play either of them that well anymore, although I can still do some basic stuff on a piano, and I have awesome rythm.

I can and will dance.

I think I am getting to old for this $hit

Dave

Dave

I'm writing material and getting ready to start going back to open mic stand up nights. I'll be using a stage name this time: Dave DeLong. The jokes just write themselves.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

If I told you it would not be a secret.

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Bumble the Boy Wonder

I sometimes let other people beat me at video games, so they don't think I spend too much time playing video games.

I really don't spend much time playing games, I am just a quick learner and pick them up quicker than others.

I would rather be talented musically than artistically.

Espy

Espy

I knew Frank pooped the bed all along.

Docseverin

Docseverin

Despite keeping up the image that I don't like/ hate kids. I in fact love kids and look forward to having at least 1.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Despite having broken up with my long term girlfriend almost a year ago, I still haven't told anyone, because I hate when people try to "fix me up"

Gusto

Gusto

I would love if people gave enough of a shit about me to try and set me up with someone, Poe.

Adam

Adammon

I curse my future self because I know he's laughing at me and my petty fears and insecurities.

Curse you, 60 year old Adam!

This does not prevent me from laughing at 25 year old Adam though. Hehehe, that guy cracks me up.
31 year old Adam laughs at 25 year old Adam heartily.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

I would love if people gave enough of a shit about me to try and set me up with someone, Poe.
But that would be the easiest set up in the world. Just tell her to "Do it with Gusto!"

Gusto

Gusto

WELP.

strawman

strawman

31 year old Adam laughs at 25 year old Adam heartily.
We shall enjoy a laugh together.

Ha! Ha! Ha!

Adam

Adammon

We shall enjoy a laugh together.

Ha! Ha! Ha!
We shall clink glasses and chortle merrily! Ho ho, jolly good show.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Hmmm, secrets, secrets...

I feel guilty and weird about my career choice when I think of how I don't want kids. I don't think there's anything wrong with not wanting kids, but somehow the women I work with are a lot more motherly than I am... a lot more nurturing. I think kids are cool to talk to and fun to teach, but they don't make my uterus ache or anything.

Morphine

Morphine

I rarely finish what I start. I hate that about me.

linglingface

linglingface

I do that, too. Mostly with books and video games. I rarely finish games... I need to stop that, especially because I'm pretty good about avoiding spoilers, so I don't get to discuss the games I play. :p

Wasabi Poptart

I have a lot of people who tell me how strong I am and that I am superwoman for everything I have to handle on my own. I just don't feel that way about myself. Actually, I am tired, stressed, and often overwhelmed.

Gusto

Gusto

People think I'm much smarter than I am, despite my protestations.
Added at: 01:10
Also this. I am chronically lazy.

Emrys

Emrys

I posted this on my Facebook profile under the title "If you really knew me, you would know that..."

• I believe in reincarnation.
  • I love thunder and lightning storms.
  • I’m afraid of the dark.
  • I wear toe-socks.
  • I can’t sing but I’m not as bad as I claim to be.
  • My soul can be bought for peanut M&Ms or white seedless grapes.
  • I love Impressionist artwork and hate the Modern Art movement.
  • I’m depressed more often than not.
  • Small children make me nervous.
  • Horses always try to bite me. They must know something.
  • I adore Gilbert & Sullivan operettas, especially The Pirates of Penzance.
  • I would rather put a spider outside than kill it. Except for large hairy spiders. I would gladly smash those bastards. With a hammer.
  • Music affects my emotions in very powerful ways.
  • I would become a lesbian for Bernadette Peters.
  • Roy Orbison rocks my nerdy world.
  • I wish I was smarter.
  • I'm very envious of people who can draw/paint/sketch. I would give my left arm to be able to see how they see.
  • I would much rather be 41 than 21.
  • No matter the problems that I had with my family in the past, I love and admire them and need to tell them this more often than I do.
  • I'm becoming more comfortable with who I am. It's not 100% but I'm getting closer.
  • I am the very model of a modern Major-General.
  • I like to go to the park and blow bubbles or fly my kite.
  • I still have a stuffed toy seal that was given to me when I was 2.
  • My stress dreams involve high school band and sharks.
  • My favourite flowers are cream and wine carnations and I hate roses.
  • I still play Dungeons & Dragons. Yes, I'm a nerd.
  • I'm very uncomfortable around people and much prefer the company of books and animals.
  • All of my friends live in my computer.
  • I think my mother is secretly disappointed that I didn't grow up to be a Southern belle.
  • I like electronic gadgets and things with buttons and shiny blinky lights.
  • I had my cat, Merlin, for 17 years. He died in 2006 and I still miss him every day.
  • I take an almost child-like delight in shiny beads, buttons, and rocks.
  • I don't regret moving to Canada but am deeply missing the South.
  • I sleep with a body pillow because people make fun of me when I sleep with a teddy bear.
  • I think I'm a major disappointment to my family.
  • There's not much keeping me in this life, but for those who are, I'm deeply grateful.
  • This, like my life, is a work in progress.

linglingface

linglingface

• I believe in reincarnation.
  • I love thunder and lightning storms.
  • I can’t sing but I’m not as bad as I claim to be.
  • My soul can be bought for peanut M&Ms or white seedless grapes.
  • I'm very envious of people who can draw/paint/sketch. I would give my left arm to be able to see how they see.
  • I like electronic gadgets and things with buttons and shiny blinky lights.
  • I take an almost child-like delight in shiny beads, buttons, and rocks.
<3 :)

Morphine

Morphine

I wish I was older and I could adopt my brother and sister. I admire my mom as a woman but dislike her as a mother and feel very helpless when I see what she does to the 2 loves of my life. I had never said this "outloud" before.

Gusto

Gusto

I know my dad likes my brother more than he likes me, but I wish he liked me at all.

phil

phil

Gat daym I never realized people just didn't have positive secrets :'(

Positive secret:

I want to start an indie band named positive secrets. Would also make a good artsy webcomic title.

linglingface

linglingface

I get distracted really easily. Though this is not a secret.
Sewing ends up like this:
Draft a pattern, then grab a snack. Wonder what's going on in the world of facebook. Take a half hour break, then go back to my project. Cut stuff out, maybe pin them together. Grab another snack or start watching tv and check out the forums. Maybe back to my project in an hour or two. Sew 2 or 3 pieces together, take another break. Sewing tasks that should take just an hour or two end up taking a couple days.

Fun Size

Fun Size

When I'm at the grocery store, and someone and I are walking toward each other, as soon as they are behind me I frequently try my best to make my face look exactly like theirs, especially when they are angry or making a face that strikes me as funny. I sincerely believe that one day I will get caught doing this, and it will lead to me getting my ass kicked.

Morphine

Morphine

Ok, a positive secret:
I want to play the guitar just for me. I don't want to play anywhere or for anyone, just for me.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

When I wave at a passing motorist in my neighborhood, and they don't wave back; I flip them the bird.

linglingface

linglingface

I love ice cream a little too much. The last time I bought ice cream, I bought two 1.75qts of Dreyer's and four 1pint Haagen Dazs. It was devoured in 4 days.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

At several points in my life, I have given serious thought to leaving everything I have behind, and traveling to tibet or china to join a buddhist temple and live as a monk for the next ten years.

Morphine

Morphine

I love ice cream a little too much. The last time I bought ice cream, I bought two 1.75qts of Dreyer's and four 1pint Haagen Dazs. It was devoured in 4 days.
Ice cream is the best food on earth. It was invented by gods, I am sure.

linglingface

linglingface

Ice cream and cereal are two foods that you just can't get full from eating. I can get through an entire box of cereal then go for cookies. I'm working on self control, though... Aha.

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Bumble the Boy Wonder

I've always wanted to start a band called Self-Titled Debut Album, and have only one album. It would be a self-titled debut album.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Ice cream is the best food on earth. It was invented by gods, I am sure.
I'm gonna third this. When I'm feeling down, one of my go-tos is a scoop of sweet-cream flavored ice cream with a little Oreo smashed in there.

A positive secret.... I love shopping now. It's just now coming out. Used to hate it when I bought clothes simply to avoid a public indecency charge... but now... hell, today I was spinning around in front of a mirror and naming the garments I was trying on. Gary was my favorite. I wonder why and how a dress could feel like a Gary.

Gusto

Gusto

Positive secret: Gary is my middle name.

Cajungal

Cajungal

:confused:

Gusto

Gusto

S'true.

None of my secrets are actually positive. I tend to share positive news. Sorry guys, nothing today.

Hylian

Hylian

• I love stormy weather, for some reason it puts me in a really good mood.
  • I lover power outages but at the same time they annoy me cause I can't use my electronics.
  • I sometimes feel incapable of feeling emotions at least in the same capacity as other people.
  • I don't know if I ever want to have kids.
  • I have never been on a date.
  • I often feel that my friends and family thinks overly high of my abilities.
  • I find myself correcting people all the time and I am not really sure why but I often feel it is myself trying to live up to the high standards I feel my friends and family seem to hold me in.
  • I go through times where I feel super smart and than other times where I feel dumber than a box of rocks.
  • I feel that in life I often put on a mask to hide my true self. It is something I have been working on but I still do it for certain issues cause I want to keep the peace.
  • I have a weakness for seedless green grapes If left alone I would eat an entire bag in one sitting.
  • I sometimes wonder if I am mildly depressed or if I should see a psychiatrist/therapist but than again I don't want to be loaded up drugs or labeled this or that.
  • I hate hospitals becuase of all the times my dad was in them when I was growing up.
  • There was times growing up when my dad was in the hospital that I feel that I gave up on caring and came to the point where I didn't even bother visiting him a couple of times.
  • I fear that I will be the one who tears my family apart because I don't act or believe the same stuff as them. So I put on a mask and pretend to go along with everything they say but in reality it is tearing me up inside and I know at some point it is all going to come out.

Fun Size

Fun Size

Sometimes, I will sit and read Dangerously Low On Grog for way too long, and laugh at jokes I made and then forgot about. For some reason, I am really embarrassed by this.

Enresshou

Enresshou

-Every time I talk to my dad on the phone, or get to spend time with him when I visit home, I realize how much I'm going to miss him when he's gone. I think of it as a net positive, though, because I treasure every time I talk to him.
-I'm doing my PhD in neuroscience, but I still feel like an idiot on a regular basis (except in random, esoteric knowledge, which I have an eidetic memory for). I know it's normal, though.
-One of my primary motivations for working out is so I can pull off a more convincing Green Lantern costume, and (possibly) eventually Superman or Hulk.
-I've never lost the belief that, one day, I'm going to wake up and be able to fly.
-The freest feeling in the world to me is running/climbing as fast as I can along the tidepools and cliff-sides of the ocean. I still dream of the time I climbed down a forty-foot cliff face and spent the day in the company of a rising tide, and a tide pool with a single kelp plant in it...

strawman

strawman

I imagine myself to be quite vain, because I enjoy reading my own posts.

Vagabond

Vagabond

I had a wildly vivid, sexy dream about Tina Fey last night.

Wasabi Poptart

Positive secret: I sleep with one of my husband's shirts when he's away.

figmentPez

figmentPez

- About 7 years ago I met a girl online, and we got engaged before we ever met in person. (Later, we did meet in person, and she moved to be near me some months later, but broke things off shortly afterwards.)

- I started my first college class at age 16. I'm 31 now, and I never finished any sort of degree (or very many classes at all. Chronic illness is a bitch.)

- I can't whistle. I've tried to learn many times, but I just can't figure it out.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

- Occasionally, I enjoy the feeling of schädenfreude that comes from my job a LITTLE too much.
- Sometimes I fear that I'm emotionally stunted for one reason or another
- Sometimes I lie awake at night while my subconscious torments me with stupid crap that I've said or done
- Sometimes I drop right asleep because I feel fantastically comfortable with who I am and what I've done
- I worry about how I'm going to act when my daughter is older. I don't want to be THAT dad...
- I am starting to get grey hairs. I delight in the fact that my wife is gloating now, because when it happens to her, it's going to be SOOOO sweet... *evil grin*

Espy

Espy

- Sometimes I lie awake at night while my subconscious torments me with stupid crap that I've said or done
Me too. Even things from YEARS ago, dumb things, things the people I said them or did them to probably don't even remember.