[TV] ABC Orders A New Muppet Show

Unfortunately one of the Big Bang Theory guys is attached, but it's still pretty hard to do wrong with Muppets.
You haven't seen the TV movies, huh? :p

Still, I'm hopeful. I don't know if they can do that host-type show since that kind of show died out a while ago, but you can stick the Muppets in any situation and make it funny. Hell, even a different kind of show genre each episode would work. They're the kind of characters that can do anything.

Statler: Well, the Muppets are finally returning to TV.
Waldorf: Mm, it's too bad they can't return to where I liked them before.
Statler: Where's that?
Waldorf: Obscurity.
DOH-ho ho ho ho ho!

It's also co-scripted by an ex-The Simpsons writer and directed by a Parks and Rec alum, so there's hope.
They've already started started their Muppet-push on Disney Jr. They just started releasing segments with little kids talking with the Muppets. Li'l Z loves Kermit, so this is going over well in our house.

Now if only we can get the rest of the old Muppet Show DVDs released, as well as Muppets Tonight for completion sake.

So far, only the first three seasons of the show have ever been released, which completely boggles my mind. You'd think DISNEY of all companies would be all over that.

It's also co-scripted by an ex-The Simpsons writer and directed by a Parks and Rec alum, so there's hope.
They've already started started their Muppet-push on Disney Jr. They just started releasing segments with little kids talking with the Muppets. Li'l Z loves Kermit, so this is going over well in our house.
Documentary show style Muppets would be 90% Kermit turning to the camera and making this face:

Every movie ever made would be better if it starred The Muppets. That’s an indisputable fact of life—every movie. [...]The Muppets make everything better. I’ve been on a private campaign for years now to have Hollywood make a Muppets version of whatever won Best Picture the year before. Could you imagine if every year there was a new Muppet movie that adapted the latest Best Picture winner? That’s what Hollywood is taking away from you.
I was not able to get the pictures to load, but here's one that was on another site:
1707628878291.png

--Patrick