Export thread

Agent Carter

evilmike

evilmike

io9 reports that Dominic Cooper is reprising his role as Howard Stark as a regular for the series.

Celt Z

Celt Z

Rewatching the first Captain America movie the other night reminded me how much I'm looking forward to this.

filmfanatic

filmfanatic

Rewatching the first Captain America movie the other night reminded me how much I'm looking forward to this.
If you haven't seen it, I recommend watching the Agent Carter one-shot that's included on the Iron Man 3 blu-ray. If I remember correctly, I blieve the reason why we're getting this show is that after they shot and produced this short, there was a lot of positive buzz. Because of that, they decided to expand upon it with a TV show.

Celt Z

Celt Z

If you haven't seen it, I recommend watching the Agent Carter one-shot that's included on the Iron Man 3 blu-ray. If I remember correctly, I blieve the reason why we're getting this show is that after they shot and produced this short, there was a lot of positive buzz. Because of that, they decided to expand upon it with a TV show.
I have. :D And still excited.

evilmike

evilmike

The Agent Carter Sneak Peek from last night:

Covar

Covar

Based on Winter Soldier I really hope they can avoid the core problem that faces Gotham.

evilmike

evilmike

Based on Winter Soldier I really hope they can avoid the core problem that faces Gotham.
That could be problematic. I don't think Agent Carter will have Batman appear in it either.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

That could be problematic. I don't think Agent Carter will have Batman appear in it either.
They can always flash over to the Cap'cicle.

Null

Null

Having seen the first episode finally (I'm usually at work when it's on) I have to say it starts strong. Agent Carter is established as being smart, sexy, and badass, but also dealing with the issues of women in the immediate post-war civilian life - being forced back into "women's roles" after having gotten used to being valued and important during the war. There was a BBC series - "The Bletchley Circle" - about a quartet of former code-breakers and intelligence personnel who helped crack the Enigma code during World War II... and being unable to talk about it due to the Official Secrets Act, and being put back to work as "coffee girls" or housewives and generally treated like pets. Agent Carter is an action thriller, rather than a detective drama, but it had that same element which reminded me.

Peggy Carter herself is fantastic and a well-written character without being obnoxious.

And that nightclub outfit! Remember Jennifer Connelly in The Rocketeer? Even better.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

I did even know this thread existed., since it was agreed we'd just continue the Agent Carter discussion in the SHIELD thread. Anyway we can edge the two?

figmentPez

figmentPez

I'm told there is a dubsmash war between Agent Carter and Agents of Shield

Gryfter

Gryfter

Those guys really like each other.

Null

Null

That's oddly heartwarming, seeing celebrities do the same goofy shit that us nerds do. And making it awesome.

evilmike

evilmike

So, part of the Marvel crew spent Comic-con being goofy and having fun.

I wonder how things went on the DC side of the fence...

Jesse Eisenberg Compares ComicCon to Genocide

Oh. Um... never mind then.

Tress

Tress

I wonder how things went on the DC side of the fence...

Jesse Eisenberg Compares ComicCon to Genocide

Oh. Um... never mind then.
What an entitled, self-important asshole.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

What an entitled, self-important asshole.
Hello... Actor...

That's getting a little redundant.

Wait, I used to be an actor...

evilmike

evilmike

Now we know who is in charge...

evilmike

evilmike

Promo for season 2

evilmike

evilmike

Promo #2