[TV] Agent Carter

Rewatching the first Captain America movie the other night reminded me how much I'm looking forward to this.

Rewatching the first Captain America movie the other night reminded me how much I'm looking forward to this.
If you haven't seen it, I recommend watching the Agent Carter one-shot that's included on the Iron Man 3 blu-ray. If I remember correctly, I blieve the reason why we're getting this show is that after they shot and produced this short, there was a lot of positive buzz. Because of that, they decided to expand upon it with a TV show.

If you haven't seen it, I recommend watching the Agent Carter one-shot that's included on the Iron Man 3 blu-ray. If I remember correctly, I blieve the reason why we're getting this show is that after they shot and produced this short, there was a lot of positive buzz. Because of that, they decided to expand upon it with a TV show.
I have. :D And still excited.

Having seen the first episode finally (I'm usually at work when it's on) I have to say it starts strong. Agent Carter is established as being smart, sexy, and badass, but also dealing with the issues of women in the immediate post-war civilian life - being forced back into "women's roles" after having gotten used to being valued and important during the war. There was a BBC series - "The Bletchley Circle" - about a quartet of former code-breakers and intelligence personnel who helped crack the Enigma code during World War II... and being unable to talk about it due to the Official Secrets Act, and being put back to work as "coffee girls" or housewives and generally treated like pets. Agent Carter is an action thriller, rather than a detective drama, but it had that same element which reminded me.

Peggy Carter herself is fantastic and a well-written character without being obnoxious.

And that nightclub outfit! Remember Jennifer Connelly in The Rocketeer? Even better.

I did even know this thread existed., since it was agreed we'd just continue the Agent Carter discussion in the SHIELD thread. Anyway we can edge the two?

That's oddly heartwarming, seeing celebrities do the same goofy shit that us nerds do. And making it awesome.