AHL FINALS

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chazwozel

Um, Chaz? You do realize that Hershey is a Caps farm team, don't you?
And I hate the Dallas Stars a lot too, who cares?[/QUOTE]

Pens fans, for one. Not only are they a Crapitals farm team, they compete against the Pens own farm team out of Wilkes-Barre.[/QUOTE]

Who cares about AHL farm team affiliations? The Bears were once a Pens farm team as well as the Aves. Affiliations change all the time.

I went to grad school/lived in Hershey, not Scranton.

Don't get me wrong, I cheer for the Baby Pens and they're my primary AHL team, but I like the Bears too.

I have a Bear's T-shirt, but I refuse to buy a jersey because of the Capitals emblems on the shoulders.

---------- Post added at 11:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 AM ----------

Truth be told, the only major sports team in Pittsburgh I ever liked are the Penguins, and that's mainly because I was a huge fan of Mario/Francis/Barrasso/Jagr crew in the early 90's when I was a kid. You could say I jumped on the 91' Cup victory bandwagon. The Steelers and Pirates just naturally followed on a national level. But I still support my local low end leagues and college sports more than Pittsburgh teams.

If I were to be all gung-ho local I'd be a Flyers/Eagles/Phillies fan. If I went by my hometown teams I'd be a Mets/Islanders/Jets fan.

I've always been curious about how NYC broke down geographically as far as "home team" between the Jets/Giants, Mets/Yankees, and Islanders/Rangers. I think the hockey is the easiest? Long Island = Islanders, rest = Rangers?

C

Chazwozel

I've always been curious about how NYC broke down geographically as far as "home team" between the Jets/Giants, Mets/Yankees, and Islanders/Rangers. I think the hockey is the easiest? Long Island = Islanders, rest = Rangers?

Yeah Islanders = Long Island and like half of Queens.

Mets = Queens.

Yanks = Bronx/Brooklyn/Manhattan/half the US.

The Jets are more of a North Jersey team, but I know tons of folks from Long Island and Queens that are Jets fans. Everyone else is a Giants fan.

The Rangers pretty much all of East New York State other than Long Island, I forget how far out west you go before you get to Sabre's country.

I'd actually say that Mets/Yankees are the easiest. Mets fans are all primarily from Queens and Long Island.

I'm not an Oilers fan at all, but I am going to support the hell out of the the OKC Barons. I hate the name Barons though. Hopefully, it will be a step towards getting a NHL team here someday. We were in serious talks for the Flames, and then we got the OKC Thunder to come in instead.

I'm not an Oilers fan at all, but I am going to support the hell out of the the OKC Barons. I hate the name Barons though. Hopefully, it will be a step towards getting a NHL team here someday. We were in serious talks for the Flames, and then we got the OKC Thunder to come in instead.
don't you fucking look at the Predators.

C

Chazwozel

don't you fucking look at the Predators.[/QUOTE]

Predators are going bye bye.

don't you fucking look at the Predators.[/QUOTE]

Predators are going bye bye.[/QUOTE]

no never ever

C

Chazwozel

YEAH BEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Going to Giant Center tonight to get autographs!!! AWWW YEAH!

Status
Not open for further replies.