Airplane!

[CONTAINER][POSTER]
[/POSTER][MOVIE]Title: Airplane!

Tagline: What's slower than a speeding bullet, and able to hit tall buildings at a single bound?

Genre: [GENRE]Comedy[/GENRE], [GENRE]Romance[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Jim Abrahams[/DIRECTOR], [DIRECTOR]David Zucker[/DIRECTOR], [DIRECTOR]Jerry Zucker[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Kareem Abdul-Jabbar[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Lloyd Bridges[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Peter Graves[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Julie Hagerty[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Robert Hays[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Leslie Nielsen[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Lorna Patterson[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Robert Stack[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Stephen Stucker[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jim Abrahams[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Frank Ashmore[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jonathan Banks[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Craig Berenson[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Barbara Billingsley[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Lee Bryant[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Joyce Bulifant[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Mae E. Campbell[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Ethel Merman[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jimmie Walker[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jill Whelan[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Kitten Natividad[/ACTOR]

Release Date: [RELEASE]1980-07-02[/RELEASE]

Runtime: [RUNTIME]88[/RUNTIME]

Plot: [PLOT]Airplane is an American comedy that parodies the airplane catastrophe films from the 70’s. The film was a huge commercial success and is one of the most important films in American cinema history.[/PLOT][/MOVIE][/CONTAINER]

I saw the comment in the Michael Sam thread and figured this would show up shortly thereafter.

I would like to point out that I saw this movie as a pre-teen as a field trip with my children's day care center. I thought it was hilarious even then. To this day I am not sure they knew what the movie would be like going into it. Or maybe they did?
Also:
funny-elmo-muppets-pentagon-scene-pics.png

--Patrick

Yes. There were no assertions made about how appropriate the movie might be, only how funny it is.

--Patrick
For the record, I posted that clip because it's funny and an iconic scene, not because I wanted to showcase how wrong the movie is.

I love this movie "And Leon's getting la-ha-ha-ha-arger." I haven't even seen Airport, yet this movie is still hilarious- THAT is how you make a parody.

Dave

Staff member
I love this movie "And Leon's getting la-ha-ha-ha-arger." I haven't even seen Airport, yet this movie is still hilarious- THAT is how you make a parody.
Actually, it's a direct send-up of a movie called "Zero Hour!". It's an almost shot-for-shot remake.