Export thread

AMA: except the choice between waffles and fries

Bubble181

Bubble181

I've noticed that I haven't actually done one of these for....A very long time.
I dunno, I'm currently drunk and sick, who know what'll happen, but ask away!
Just as a general bit of info, yes, I've found hairs growing out of my sausages, and I threw 'm away.

GasBandit

GasBandit

PatrThom

PatrThom

What is your ideal % of cocoa when snacking?

--Patrick

Bubble181

Bubble181

What is your ideal % of cocoa when snacking?

--Patrick
I'm not sure how to respond to this.
When I'm eating pure chocolate? I can go either way between milk or black, really, and in both cases I know manufacturers like to show the % of cacao as a big quality factor, but it's definitely not the only one. The quality and type of fats used (purely cacao butter or other vegetable oils/fats) is also extremely important and is one of the main reasons so many American "chocolate" type things taste like sugary mush.
For black chocolate, I usually prefer over 60%, though the extremes (90+%) are...Not to just stuff your mouth with. Like fine whiskeys, you're better off starting with a small bit of lower-grade (say, 72% or 80%), then move to 85%-90%, and only then 95% or 99% to appreciate the subtle differences.
For keeping dementors at bay (by which I mean - chomping down on some chocolate to feel better) I tend to prefer milk chocolate, where I'd say around 35% or 40% is a good spot to be in.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

What percentage of your household eats mice?

Bubble181

Bubble181

What percentage of your household eats mice?
Oddly, 66.7%. And there's only two of us, supposedly.

drawn_inward

drawn_inward

Favorite American beer?

Hershey's or Cadbury?

Serious question: recommend a great BelgiN film and or series

PatrThom

PatrThom

Completely random, but just want to point out how common "I meant to hit 'a' but instead accidentally hit shift/caps lock" has become, especially with iPhones.

Also: You are asking a European about Hershey's? :eek:

--Patrick

Bubble181

Bubble181

Favorite American beer?

Hershey's or Cadbury?

Serious question: recommend a great BelgiN film and or series
Well, I haven't really had a lot of experience with good American beers (I'm well aware they're out there, don't worry).
Of the ones I have tasted and remember being American and are somewhat widely available, I was quite fond of Celis White and some of the Sam Adams beers.

Neither, really, I'm good, thanks. Seriously.

Great Belgian movie or series... Depends on your taste and what you consider "Belgian" and if you mind subtitles.
The (original) versions of both Loft and Memory (named Loft and De Zaak Alzheimer, respectively) are better than their American remakes.
The Broken Circle Breakdown is a great movie and might appeal to non-Belgians too. Girl is also a really good movie which I'd genuinely recommend to most people.
Series... Most tend to rely too much on Belgian or at least European background/culture, I think.
Oh, of course: Lucky Luke, Tintin, the Smurfs.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Would Triplets of Belleville count as a Belgian film? Because that's a good one, according to my sister-in-law.

--Patrick

Bubble181

Bubble181

Well, that's a good question, isn't it? Depending on the definition, Bad Boys 4 Life is a Belgian film too.

Dave

Dave

How do you feel about waffle fries?

1728612885199.png

PatrThom

PatrThom

How do you feel about waffle fries?

View attachment 49626

--Patrick