[TV] American Horror Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

BananaHands

Staff member
Alright, alright. It got picked up for a second season. I think it warrants it's own thread.

I mean, come on. As ridiculous as the plot (and the twists) are it's a guilty pleasure. Favorite thing about the show without any spoilers? The fleshing (hah!) out of the ghosts.

Oh, and Jessica Lange's acting in that scene with a deceased Addy.

Still watching but I hope they start offering a few explanations soon otherwise is going to feel like Lost all over again.

BananaHands

Staff member
I enjoy it for what it is. It's campy, creepy and has plenty of gore
Although the dog in the microwave was a bit too much.
. I also enjoy horror movies though, so it's tough to gauge off of my opinion. It's chock-full of various references to different horror films and other films.

I mean, let's be honest. That fucked-up breakfast club group? Dug it.

I've watched half an episode. It's alright, but not good enough to surpass South Park for my Wednesday night viewing.

Still watching but I hope they start offering a few explanations soon otherwise is going to feel like Lost all over again.
This. I enjoy the show but they just keep adding more mystery each episode. With it being picked up for a second season I fear now they are going to drag this out. I would rather they run each season with a new home and new family and tie it up in a nice bow and the end of the season. I just don't see how this can continue in the same home for several seasons.

BananaHands

Staff member
I just feel like this show teeters on the edge of introducing a vampire character. And that's when I'll stop watching.

BananaHands

Staff member
No vampire yet. Come back here after you watch it.

Connie Britton eating a brain and Cam from modern family being shot!?

I am still intrigued. I like that they are starting to explain their ghost rules a little. Still not sure how this would work if renewed for another season. I mean is the story about the family or the continuing adventures of the house. Still having trouble looking away.

The organ eating was some of the hardest stuff to watch. My girlfreind thinks the house was exerting influence to get her to eat them.

BananaHands

Staff member
I am still intrigued. I like that they are starting to explain their ghost rules a little. Still not sure how this would work if renewed for another season. I mean is the story about the family or the continuing adventures of the house. Still having trouble looking away.

The organ eating was some of the hardest stuff to watch. My girlfreind thinks the house was exerting influence to get her to eat them.
Yeah, I think the baby was controlling her somehow. It seems like she's being corrupted.

I was still holding out that it might end with a "happy" ending. It speaks to their writing (or my gullibility) that I had no clue she was dead for the last few episodes, but made total sense when I thought about it. Looking back there was so much foreshadowing of it that I'm kind of embarrased I didn't pick up on it.

I had moderate hopes to say the least when this first was announced and I watched hoping for more, (was not thrilled with the cast), and I gave it a chance up to the point were:

The rubber man just popped in and killed a guy straight up, and I was done, where's the fucking horror in that, not to mention "the whole malevolent spirits/demons thing" was shot for me.

Finally got around to watching the finale and read that it has been confirmed that each Season will be a new Family/Home and different locale.

Thought the first season ended PERFECTLY. Loved how most of the characters were fully fleshed out and even grew as people (ghosts) by the end of it.

Very much looking forward to Season 2.

I thought the show was great as well. A few surprises throughout the season (especially the last three episodes.) If they had done anything differently I would have preferred a slower buildup with the ghosts. I understand why they didn't but in the episode where Tate was a young boy and his truck rolled into the basement, when the face came out of the shadows as he went to get the truck is the stuff I love. It was creepy and IMO one of the scariest moments of the season. Great show and glad to see them going to a new location. I think it would be a boring season two if another family moved into this house and we just got a repeat of the first season.

Wait, a totally new location? Where's this info coming from? The last episode did clean up and finish the Harmons story but what about Constance and her new child?

What I love about that idea is they can go anywhere at anytime. I'd love to see a season set in the mid 50's in a mid Western farmhouse. The possibilities are endless. Should keep the concept fresh and for the writers, knowing each season is self contained, allows them to take more liberties than if they were worried about carrying the cast on for the next several years.

Status
Not open for further replies.