Anniversary Present for the wife

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

Staff member
Tomorrow is my 17th wedding anniversary. I have no idea what to get my wife. Money isn't an object but I have no ideas. Flowers? Lame. Candy? Uh....no. Last year I got her an electronic picture frame so she could upload her pictures. She has turned it on once.

Ideas, people! Please?

Dave

Staff member
I think I'm going to get her this:

DIAMOND STRESS RELIEF PACKAGE - OUR BEST VALUE!

Finally, a day at the spa for ULTIMATE STRESS RELIEF! This premium package includes a 60 Minute Stress Relief Massage... smoothing out full body tension... our FAMOUS Stress Relief Facial... rejuvenating your skin... a luxurious Pevonia Eye Mask Treatment and a Hot Stone Manicure and Pedicure for stressed fingers and toes. You will leave the spa looking, and feeling your absolute best!

5 hours
$325. After this is goes $500 or more. I love her but God damn!

Cajungal

Staff member
YAY! Did I save the day??? Tell me I saved the day! I need this this morning.

---------- Post added at 11:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 AM ----------

*reads Rep*

^_^ yaay

I've been married less than a year - so take this as you will. I like the massage idea, but it might be better coming from you - go to the library/internet, read up, buy some oil (in a scent you know she would like), turn on the music, dim the lights etc etc - and spend some time pampering her yourself! (Cheaper too... and it would probably mean more.)

Good luck!

Dave

Staff member
I've been married less than a year - so take this as you will. I like the massage idea, but it might be better coming from you - go to the library/internet, read up, buy some oil (in a scent you know she would like), turn on the music, dim the lights etc etc - and spend some time pampering her yourself! (Cheaper too... and it would probably mean more.)

Good luck!
She can get a massage from me any time she wants. But this is for her alone and she knows it's just not my trying to butter her up (or oil as the case may be) to get some nookie.

But I like the way you think!

Dave

Staff member
A night painting the town red? Maybe there's some show you could take her to.
Well.....um....I have to work. She's driving with me to DJ a wedding reception in a very small town about 2 hours outside of Omaha. We have a motel room and after the gig gets done at midnight we're going back there and then will drive back home in the morning.

Whee.

Well.....um....I have to work. She's driving with me to DJ a wedding reception in a very small town about 2 hours outside of Omaha. We have a motel room and after the gig gets done at midnight we're going back there and then will drive back home in the morning.

Whee.[/QUOTE]

So you're two steps ahead of me, I see.

M

makare

make sure she likes massages though or that would be a huge waste of money.

W

Wasabi Poptart

Jewelry

---------- Post added at 01:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:06 PM ----------

And vodka.

Combine all of the suggestions into one ultra gift.

FIRST you take her to a nice dinner, followed by a show that YOU are actually the DJ for because you made a playlist with all of your love makin' songs. After that, the spa, where she'll receive the works treatment, but what's this? YOU ARE THE MASSEUSE!

After that a night at a hotel full of furniture that now belongs to her. Enjoy a night in a jacuzzi full of vodka before returning to the room where the furniture is now diamonds!

then sell this to old spice and become a better looking dude to really pull this off right.

Whee.[/QUOTE]

Is there anything romantic in, near, or not a big detour on the way back from this small town? If there is nothing pressing the next day, it sounds like the morning after your DJ gig would be a great time to go somewhere nice as a surprise.

W

Wasabi Poptart

Man, I never think of jewelry,because I don't like it personally. That might also be nice though. :)
I only think of it as gifts for other people. I have gotten jewelry as a gift myself, and it is nice, but it isn't something I ask for.

Cajungal

Staff member
Man, I never think of jewelry,because I don't like it personally. That might also be nice though. :)
I only think of it as gifts for other people. I have gotten jewelry as a gift myself, and it is nice, but it isn't something I ask for.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's true. I have some very nice pieces that I wear on special occasions, and I wouldn't have thought to A) buy them or B) ask. A couple of family friends who own a jewelry shop here gave me a gorgeous black pearl necklace for my graduation, and it looks nice with almost everything.

C

crono1224

Give her a coupon for one free 'dave massage' add at the bottom "valued at 900$"

E

Element 117

Shut the forum down/make the users pay for it for three months. Use the money you save to boost your retirement account savings and then show her the earnings.

Or you know, spend a grand on a spa treatment for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.