Another brick in the wall.

Cajungal

Staff member
Happy birthday! Have a wonderful day! Man, after reading this, I learned that I automatically assume that anyone I don't know well on here is probably "20ish." I have to keep on my toes. There are aged spies everywhere, trying to steal my tapioca.

Happy birthday! Have a wonderful day! Man, after reading this, I learned that I automatically assume that anyone I don't know well on here is probably "20ish." I have to keep on my toes. There are aged spies everywhere, trying to steal my tapioca.
Tapioca might be too exciting for them but you should definitely keep your fruit cocktail locked up.

Tapioca...
...is delicious.

Also it is highly useful in stew.
Also I am totally trying not to derail this thread.

--Patrick

I have been on the net for about twenty years and have been on many Forums, some good and some not so good, but this is definitely one of the best. Thank all for your greetings, and for understanding that we wrinklies are not all feeble minded.:rolleyes:

I automatically assume that anyone I don't know well on here is probably "20ish."
Grytpipe's been spewing this "Older than Dave" nonsense in other threads before. He's clearly a heretic trying to confuse us with these physically impossible ideas. BURN HIM(/her? I tend to automatically assume people on the net are male, but I don't know if we actually know that here)

To be fair, I assumed an age in the 60's and was surprised as well ;)

Dave

Staff member
I have been on the net for about twenty years and have been on many Forums, some good and some not so good, but this is definitely one of the best. Thank all for your greetings, and for understanding that we wrinklies are not all feeble minded.:rolleyes:
So do you laugh every time they make the "Dave is old" jokes?

fade

Staff member
Huh. Always assumed you were in your thirties. What with the lack of complaints about kids these days and stuff costing more than it used to.

Huh. Always assumed you were in your thirties. What with the lack of complaints about kids these days and stuff costing more than it used to.
Don't remind me that I almost laughed at my grandma's funeral...
The priest talked about her life, when she grew up and had to walk to the school a villaga away, every day.

And my brain went "... in snow every day, uphill in both directions."

fade

Staff member
I used to share a duplex in Boston with two elderly ladies who had a better gaming rig than I did. I remember they were super stoked about the release of Doom 3.

Hell, I'm in my 20s and I complain about kids these days and stuff costing more than it used to.

Don't let age be your limit for complaining, people.

doomdragon6

Staff member
I remember when I had my first "Damn kids" moment. I was 24 (2 years ago), running our convention, and we got a report of a missing teen (which means they wandered off, but by policy ALL free staff must drop what they're doing and search for them). I remember walking out of the staff room muttering "Damn kids.." to my friend.

And that's when I became old!

I remember the first time I said "I'm getting too old for this shit" and realised that I too, was in fact old...

Fortunately, whenever I drive, there is always some old fart in front of me going 5-10MPH under the speed limit. Every time I (mentally) yell at him to get out of my way, I get a little younger.

--Patrick