Export thread

Anyone here from Ireland?

Dave

Dave

My wife wants to travel there and I've always told her about the people that I know from every corner of the globe.

So whose couch can we crash on in Ireland? (When we go there. In a few years. Once the kids leave.)

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Not from there. But lived there for a year.

I'm still trying to say "knife" and "wife" properly instead of "knoife" and "woife".

Null

Null

I'm still trying to say "knife" and "wife" properly instead of "knoife" and "woife".
You just keep working on that, Eliza.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Get bent, ye demmed eejit. :p

Null

Null

I know your head aches; I know you're tired; I know your nerves are as raw as meat in a butcher's window. But think what you're trying to accomplish. Think what you're dealing with. The majesty and grandeur of the English language, it's the greatest possession we have. The noblest thoughts that ever flowed through the hearts of men are contained in its extraordinary, imaginative, and musical mixtures of sounds. And that's what you've set yourself out to conquer, Eliza. And conquer it you will.

Chazwozel

Since when is the gaelic dialect accent mixed up with Liverpool?

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Since when is the gaelic dialect accent mixed up with Liverpool?[/QUOTE]

Hey, I'm just trying to write what it sounded like. And yes, I seriously had such pronunciation issues when I tried to speak 'correct' English.

Strangely, almost everyone I met mistook me for an American at first.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

I was thinking Australian, too. Like, he was all Crocodile Dundee in there or something.

Null

Null

Hey, I'm just trying to write what it sounded like. And yes, I seriously had such pronunciation issues when I tried to speak 'correct' English.

Strangely, almost everyone I met mistook me for an American at first.[/QUOTE]

That's probably because of your build.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Strangely, almost everyone I met mistook me for an American at first.[/QUOTE]

That's probably because of your build.[/QUOTE]

Rrrrroiiiiiiigggghhht. :(

Twitch

Since when is the gaelic dialect accent mixed up with Liverpool?[/quote]

Strangely, almost everyone I met mistook me for an American at first.[/quote]

That's probably because of your build.[/quote]

Rrrrroiiiiiiigggghhht. :([/QUOTE]
Look at him! A prisoner of the gutters, condemned by every syllable he utters. By rights he should be taken out and hung for the cold blooded murder of the English tongue.

"Rrroooiiiiiiigggghht" HEAVENS! What a noise!

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

If someone starts asking for jazz hands, I will not be responsible for the consequences...

Null

Null

You do not ask a Finn for Jazz Hands.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

You do not ask a Finn for Jazz Hands.
Damn straight, Skippy.

Null

Null

In fact, you avoid talking to Finns whenever possible, but basically Finn DNA is not compatible with Jazz.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

In fact, you avoid talking to Finns whenever possible, but basically Finn DNA is not compatible with Jazz.
A victim of stereotypical thinking, you are.

General Specific

General Specific

LittleSin

LittleSin

Soliloquy

Well, I'm glad we got that settled.

Any more questions, Dave?

redapples

Since when is the gaelic dialect accent mixed up with Liverpool?[/quote]

Where do you think the Scousers' got their accent?

Also Scouse would probably be more like "nighf" and "wighf". If you can imagine such a thing.

Dave

Dave

Really? North Ranger used the words "noif" and "woif" and NOBODY posted Stewie?!? NOBODY?!?

Halforums, you fail me.

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

Really? North Ranger used the words \"noif\" and \"woif\" and NOBODY posted Stewie?!? NOBODY?!?

Halforums, you fail me.

A lot of people mentioned My Fair Lady, which is what Family Guy was mimicking, I say Halforums did just fine.

Dave

Dave

Really? North Ranger used the words \"noif\" and \"woif\" and NOBODY posted Stewie?!? NOBODY?!?

Halforums, you fail me.

A lot of people mentioned My Fair Lady, which is what Family Guy was mimicking, I say Halforums did just fine.[/QUOTE]

Only LB made a reference. The rest went off of his, thinking My Fair Lady. So he was subtle.

Halforums does not do subtle.

Occasional Poster

Halforums, you fail me.

A lot of people mentioned My Fair Lady, which is what Family Guy was mimicking, I say Halforums did just fine.[/QUOTE]

Only LB made a reference. The rest went off of his, thinking My Fair Lady. So he was subtle.

Halforums does not do subtle.[/QUOTE]

I think you mean...

HALFORUMS DOES NOT DO SUBTLE!

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

This is why I won't be getting Vent... You pidgeon-humpers would be all over my lingo.

drawn_inward

drawn_inward

I thought Tiq was from Ireland.

Chazwozel

My wife wants to travel there and I've always told her about the people that I know from every corner of the globe.

So whose couch can we crash on in Ireland? (When we go there. In a few years. Once the kids leave.)

Fuck Ireland. Come to Poland with me and my family in a couple years. You won't be sober the entire time!

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Fuck Ireland. Come to Poland with me and my family in a couple years. You won't be sober the entire time!
Oy! Watch it, that's my second favourite country you're cussing at, bub!

Besides, outside of the old cities, Poland's a frickin' dump.

Chazwozel

Oy! Watch it, that's my second favourite country you're cussing at, bub!

Besides, outside of the old cities, Poland's a frickin' dump.[/QUOTE]

No it's not. There's tons to do in Poland.

Twitch

Tiq
A. Left the forum
B. Hates Dave, I think
C. Scottish

Dave

Dave

Tiq
A. Left the forum
B. Hates Dave, I think
C. Scottish[/QUOTE]

Someone...hates me? :(

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Tiq
A. Left the forum
B. Hates Dave, I think
C. Scottish[/QUOTE]

Someone...hates me? :([/QUOTE]

No, I think he left when Chaz came back the last time. He had some huge hate-on for him.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Tiq
A. Left the forum
B. Hates Dave, I think
C. Scottish[/QUOTE]

Someone...hates me? :([/QUOTE]

Do you want us to start another mushy-gushy "I love Dave" thread??? :horn: :heart:

Twitch

Tiq
A. Left the forum
B. Hates Dave, I think
C. Scottish[/quote]

Someone...hates me? :([/quote]

No, I think he left when Chaz came back the last time. He had some huge hate-on for him.[/QUOTE]
I thought it was some big
"Man this forum used to be about the music, not it's all changing and you don't care about the art. It's that Dave chick, man. SHE'S TEARING THIS BAND APART!"

Or something like that.

drawn_inward

drawn_inward

I can't keep up with the drama around here. It's like a damned soap opera.

Heavan

I can't keep up with the drama around here. It's like a damned soap opera.
Good, if you aren't keeping up with the drama that means you have time to help me with this dilemma I'm in the midst of. Which sexy doctor should I marry, the father of my unborn child... OR THE ONE I LOVE?

Oh, right, not getting off topic... uh... the doctors are Irish! Yeah.

General Specific

General Specific

We'll be right back to this scintilating episode of...

As Halforums Turns!

...after these messages.

@Li3n

@Li3n

Don't worry, i'm sure the soapiness will stop after 54 years or so.

---------- Post added at 08:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:53 PM ----------

Dayum, i was actually responding to drawn_inward's post.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Back to the OP: Dave, I don't live in Ireland but I can give pointers and advice should you need any.

#1: Have money along for the ride. Ireland's a pretty expensive country.

#2: Waiters need not be tipped.

#3: Places to visit... hmm... What kinda things interest you and the missus? History? Arts? Mythology? Sights? Outdoorsy things?

#4: If you drive a car, be careful. Left-side traffic, and the Irish drive like frickin' insane in narrow, winding roads.

Chazwozel

Tiq
A. Left the forum
B. Hates Dave, I think
C. Scottish[/quote]

Someone...hates me? :([/quote]

No, I think he left when Chaz came back the last time. He had some huge hate-on for him.[/QUOTE]

Ahhahahahahah Tiq.

Dave

Dave

No drama here. It's the Ghost of Drama Past.

Math242

Math242

It's the ghost of drama queen past !

bhamv3

bhamv3

And here I thought this thread was going to be about "HA HA HA YOU'RE NOT GOING TO THE WORLD CUP!!!"

... Sorry, that'd be quite cruel to Ireland fans, actually. Stupid Thierry Henry.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

If my perceptions of Ireland are correct, I think the Irish would be more ticked off about not doing well in rugby.

They were fucking nuts about rugby...

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

When I originally saw this picture, it was captioned as being Irishmen, their drinking unfazed by the rising floodwaters. Thus proving the stereotype of the Irishman's legendary love for the drink. One of the irish guys in my old band thinks that the guys are Czech, though. What a let down.

Twitch

I wouldn't say Czech with any confidence but I would say somewhere in that neck of the woods.

@Li3n

@Li3n

When I originally saw this picture, it was captioned as being Irishmen, their drinking unfazed by the rising floodwaters. Thus proving the stereotype of the Irishman's legendary love for the drink. One of the irish guys in my old band thinks that the guys are Czech, though. What a let down.

The clothes certainly seem eastern european...

Null

Null

Didn't Romania have some considerable flooding this past year or year before?

WolfOfOdin

Got family in Ireland, Dave...the bulk of them too. I'm going over part-way through winter, so I'll pick up some tips for you.

Also, if you go to Glasgow in Scottland, I will give you this message and pray you listen; DO NOT FUCKING GO OUT AT NIGHT

ThatGrinningIdiot!

ThatGrinningIdiot!

Also, if you go to Glasgow in Scottland, I will give you this message and pray you listen; DO NOT FUCKING GO OUT AT NIGHT
Uhh . . . Why not?

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Because the place is full of Glaswegians!! They're like Scotsmen, but... worse! They're, like, SUPER-Scots! No pub or sheep will be safe!

WolfOfOdin

Because the place is full of Glaswegians!! They're like Scotsmen, but... worse! They're, like, SUPER-Scots! No pub or sheep will be safe!
Well, last time I visited the city of brotherly violence, I was told this fact by my cousins. More or less it's not safe for tourists at certain times due to the razorboys that tend to roam.

Iaculus

Yeah - you know those scars the Joker had in the Dark Knight? They're known as a 'Glasgow Smile' around here. There are reasons for that.

Suffice it to say that whilst the average life expectancy in the rest of the UK is about 80, the one in certain parts of Glasgow is 54. To put that further into perspective, that's slightly lower than that in the Republic of the Congo.

ThatGrinningIdiot!

ThatGrinningIdiot!

Well, last time I visited the city of brotherly violence, I was told this fact by my cousins. More or less it's not safe for tourists at certain times due to the razorboys that tend to roam.[/QUOTE]

Eh, I'll be fine.