Export thread

Ask Me Anything: ThatNickGuy - Second Edition!

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

I had an AMA thread before I left the forums for awhile. But now that I've been back for awhile, I figure we can have a new and improved one. Fire away!

Dave

Dave

How many miles do you ride a day on average?

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

About 10 miles if I'm going to school. (17 kilometers/10 miles one way).

Around my area, like if I go for comics, groceries and such? Maybe around 3 miles (5 km). A lot of what I need is pretty nearby. My work is less than a mile away, for example.

phil

phil

What superman story would make the best superman movie?

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Secret Identity

Disconnected

What is your current most hated modern comic villan?

Jiarn

I can't believe I'm going to be the first to say it:

"When can I hit that?"

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

What is your current most hated modern comic villan?
Tie between Joe Quesada and Dan Didio.
Added at: 15:53
I can't believe I'm going to be the first to say it:

"When can I hit that?"
When my girl is open to sharing. :D

Cajungal

Cajungal

Do you have any recurring dreams?

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

In the last few months, I have. I really wish they'd go away.

See, I've had a recurring dream about a nuclear holocaust. Or the end of the world. Something like that. Sometimes, I remember enough to be looking out my window and seeing a mushroom cloud appear in the horizon. Other times, it's just a flash or a very loud explosion.

Either way, it causes me to wake up near screaming, heart racing, going "Oh, my god oh my god" over and over, racing to the window (which is right beside my bed, so more of a roll onto my knees), thinking it's actually happening.

When I was flying to and from home a few weeks ago, I woke up in a fright both times, startling the person sitting next to me. :(

Cajungal

Cajungal

Jeez... didn't mean to bring up anything traumatizing. :\ That's awful. ...Do you have any fun dreams at all?

Also, I wanna add that you were totally right about Green Arrow +Black Canary. I quit reading it very shortly after I started. I really like the character Green Arrow, though, and I'd like to read more of his stuff. Can you point me in the direction of a solid series, either older or new? And since I love Chew, can you suggest anything like it?

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

I used to have reoccuring Superman dreams, actually. Don't look so surprised. :p But yeah, it was a gradual build up. At first, I could simply leap higher (like 10 feet in the air). Then I was able to leap in the air and hover briefly. Then hover low and slow. Eventually, I was zipping around the city, in costume and all. The one I remember the most was seeing a car getting chased by the police. I held it to the ground, ripped open the driver door and pulled out the driver. He put a gun to my forehead, pulled the trigger...and the bullet bounced off. :D

Sorry to hear about GA + BC. I don't honestly know a whole lot of Green Arrow stuff, but lemme think. Mike Grell's run in the 80's is amazing. If you want a sample of it, there's a trade of the mini-series before his run called The Longbow Hunters. Sadly, Grell's run was never collected, so you might have to find the individual issues. I've also heard the Green Arrow: Year One story was really good. Don't remember the artist, but writer was Andy Diggle. You might like Kevin Smith's two stories (Quiver and Sound of Violence). I liked them at the time, but I'm not sure how well they hold up anymore.

Hm. There's not a lot that's like Chew. It's such an odd bird that took everyone by surprise. BUT, if you want more funny stuff, seriously check out Atomic Robo. I've read it on the subway home many times and had strange looks from how hard I was laughing. :D

One that I have a feeling you would love to bits is Starman. DC recently re-released the whole series in these beautiful, big hardcovers. The sixth (and final) volume is coming out this month.

Cajungal

Cajungal

I LOVE ATOMIC ROBO! Jake got me into it. :D I'll definitely check out Star man. I've enjoyed year one, and I had one other comic book-y person mention Grell, so that's definitely a go. I appreciate it. Haven't been reading again for very long, so I've been seeking advice. ^_^

Jiarn

What's the top 3 favorite things you like about this new girl?

Biannoshufu

HOW DID THIS WEEKEND GO?

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Jiarn: She's playful, funny and easy going. :) Especially the playful part. Never had a girl enjoy playfighting as much as I do. :D

Biannoshufu: [Edited out due to TMI.]

Cajungal

Cajungal

Daaaaang, Nicholas.

Disconnected

is this where someone says TMI? or is there such thing as TMI on a message board.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Sorry. :( Yeah, that's probably TMI.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Hell, man, I was proud of you. ;P

Made Ya Blush

Made Ya Blush

Jiarn: She's playful, funny and easy going. :) Especially the playful part. Never had a girl enjoy playfighting as much as I do. :D

Biannoshufu: [Edited out due to TMI.]
What makes her funny and easy going?

Anything that makes her playful other then what has already been mentioned above?

Can she kick your ass when playfighting? Lol

Where's Fluffy?

Philosopher B.

Hey Nick, how did that one weekend go.
Added at: 22:59
:-P

rathkor

Be hones, Who would really win in a fight: Superman or Goku?

Cajungal

Cajungal

I'd like to throw my hat in on this question:

While Goku was wasting 5 episodes groaning and being veiny and making rocks float, Superman would easily destroy him in a totally non-tedious way.

Jiarn

If were watching the wrong version of Dragonball, sure.

Cajungal

Cajungal

There's a right one?! Well goddamn!

Jiarn

Yeah, the un-butchered version. With all the restored scenes and all the power up scenes that were cut and pasted in their place gone.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Sorry, dude. I can't even see that salvaging that show. I'm a die-hard hater of DBZ. Anyway, I'm sorry to be so smartassed about it. :p And I also didn't mean to hijack Nick's thread.

Jiarn

Wouldn't be a problem if you voiced valid dislikes about the series -wink-

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

What makes her funny and easy going?

Anything that makes her playful other then what has already been mentioned above?

Can she kick your ass when playfighting? Lol

Where's Fluffy?
1) She's totally always laughing at my lame jokes, for one. Especially my puns. Though I think she's getting tired of my "Not with that attitude" or "Sounds like my prom night" lines. :p Easy going? She spent a whole day with two wacky friends of mine in a museum. Heck, even THEY were surprised by how awesomely easy going she was. :D

2) Well, it's like times when we're waiting for the subway and we'll start having pushing contests. Like, I'll nudge into her. She retaliates with a nudge of her own. Eventually, we're pushing each other, shoulder to shoulder, trying to push the other one over.

3) Hell yes. I don't stand a chance.

4) I hear they're playing at a club down on Queen and Spadina! Let's go!

Goku vs. Superman?

Pfft. Superman.

rathkor

hile Goku was wasting 5 episodes groaning and being veiny and making rocks float, Superman would easily destroy him in a totally non-tedious way.
It's called DragonBall Z Kai. Streamlined the show. No more 5 episode transformations or power charging. It's amazing.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

I prefer Dragonball Z Abridged. :D

Cajungal

Cajungal

What am I thinking of right now? RIGHT NOW?! GO!

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Bewbs?

Jiarn

She said her, not you.

Disconnected

tickle her bewbs!

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

She said her, not you.
Bet she's thinking about them NOW. :p

Disconnected

I know i am.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Bet she's thinking about them NOW. :p
...Lucky guess.

General Specific

General Specific

If you could be one salsa, which one would it be and why?

Disconnected

this does not seem to mean what i think Nick thinks it means....?
or it's a really hard question.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

I don't know a lot of different salsas, so I don't know how to answer it. Hot, I guess? :D

rathkor

In Citizen Cain, the whole movie was about figuring out that old guys final words: "Rosebud". now, when he said that, no one was actually around. So my question is, how did all those people know what he said? Or that he said anything at all?

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Never seen Citizen Kane, so I can't help. BUT, Quintin Tarrantino said that he'd love to remake Citizen Kane just to piss people off. He said he'd change "Rosebud" to the name for Kane's wife's pussy. :D

Jiarn

Which sled is yours?

"The one that says Bad Ass Mother Fucker on it"

rathkor

Ok man, i have a tough one for you:

On 1995, three men embarked on a quest that would forever change thier lives. The tale spanned across 7 years and 5 continents. an man lost his leg to ganggreen. One man died from an outbreak of Malaria in a South American village. Now, many tales and rumors have started about these adventurers, and the exact nature of the goal they were after was unclear. My question for you is, how many times a year do you get your hair cut?

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

'Bout half a dozen times.

Made Ya Blush

Made Ya Blush

تمشيا مع تقاليد عيد ميلاد أسرتي... عيد ميلاد سعيد لك. كنت قادما من حديقة للحيوانات. أنت تبدو مثل قرد وأنت تعمل مثل واحد أيضا. عيد ميلاد سعيد ايس!

Jiarn

As Blush said, Happy B-Day.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Thank ya kindly for the birthday wishes. Kept meaning to get in here and say that but got distracted. It was partly Nourah's fault. ;)

Speaking of which, Nourah gave me a book for my birthday: the Everything Guide to Writing Graphic Novels. Someday, I hope to put it to good use. :D