Export thread

Ask Zonker anything!

Zonker

Yeah I'm a lurker so you don't know me. So it's like a blank slate that you can fill with demented scribblings and disgusting bodily fluid discharges, I mean fresh and new ideas!

Dave

Dave

Ignored?

Hylian

Hylian

Why are you a lurker?

Zonker

Why are you a lurker?
I keep forgetting about this place. I'll go wander off and hang out at basketball forums that have like five active posters and get bored, and go damn, I wish there was a forum like Horizons Tavern (an Ultima Ascension themed forum that died about five years ago). And after a few days of this I'll remember this place and sort of drift by, but there's too much to catch up on and I'm all, oh I'll do it later and then I forget.

So adhd, basically.

Dave

Dave

Zonker needs to discover the wondrous joys of bookmarking.

Hylian

Hylian

Why no avatar?

Zonker

Good question!

Hylian

Hylian

Do you play video games? And if so what kind?

Zonker

Do you play video games? And if so what kind?
Right now Fallout 3. And Bioshock.

Used to play various ultimas, the old fallouts, baldur's gate, planescape torment. No twitch games, just rpgs.

---------- Post added at 10:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 PM ----------

Oh, uh, some hints.

I lived in Argentina for a year when I was 16. I lived in Novosibirsk Russia for a year in 1996. I sing in a jewish community choir. I love tech house.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Where does your name come from? Because I've seen a boxed popcorn snack called "screaming yellow zonkers."

Hylian

Hylian

Do you prefer western RPG's or JRPG's?

Zonker

Where does your name come from? Because I've seen a boxed popcorn snack called "screaming yellow zonkers."
I was a big Doonesbury fan when I was a teenager...

---------- Post added at 11:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 PM ----------

Do you prefer western RPG's or JRPG's?
I didn't know there were JRPGs. I HATE all the final fantasies and their ilk, if that helps.

Hylian

Hylian

Is it the turn based combat you dislike about the FF games or is it something else?

Zonker

Is it the turn based combat you dislike about the FF games or is it something else?
Mmm, no more that combat is such a central feature. I like more story driven games.

Hylian

Hylian

Hmm interesting cause while I agree that some RPG's don;t have very string stories. I usually found FF and other JRPG's to have a strong storyline. I have often felt that western based RPG's seemed to be more lacking in the story department. I know that there are exceptions to each case (Bioshock, etc) I am curious if you have found that to be different in your opinion

Zonker

Hmm interesting cause while I agree that some RPG's don;t have very string stories. I usually found FF and other JRPG's to have a strong storyline. I have often felt that western based RPG's seemed to be more lacking in the story department. I know that there are exceptions to each case (Bioshock, etc) I am curious if you have found that to be different in your opinion
Well, I haven't played very many. The idea sort of turns me off. The graphics look stupid, and the crazy stories sound like they've been invented just to justify handing out great big silly looking swords. Maybe I'm wrong.

Hylian

Hylian

So is it the fantasy part of the story that turn you off of them? Is it that you prefer more realistically set stories?

Zonker

So is it the fantasy part of the story that turn you off of them? Is it that you prefer more realistically set stories?
I think it's the cartooniness that turns me off. Baldur's gate is a fantasy game...

Philosopher B.

Are you a legs man or a boobs man?

Zonker

Are you a legs man or a boobs man?
Legs, definitely.

Laurelai

So then- how do you prefer your legs prepared?

Zonker

So then- how do you prefer your legs prepared?
I don't eat meat...

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Tofu?

Zonker

I have a thing for tortillas wrapped around eggs and cheese with enchilada sauce. Also make a mean bean curry. And I am the master of fruit smoothies. At work I eat pizza and veggie and rice and bean wraps. And soup, cream of mushroom soup with crackers and parmesan, yum. Also make pretty mean bean and cheese enchiladas.

Should learn to make a tofu curry though, you're right. Yeah, about time for the old Zonker to learn a new veggie recipe. Made some apple bread last week that was pretty yummy.

drawn_inward

drawn_inward

What's up with your signature?

Zonker

Do you like Hunter S Thompson?
I think fear and loathing in Las Vegas has resulted in some really hilarious lolcats. Other than that I don't have much of an opinion.
http://icanhascheezburger.com/2007/01/24/we-cant-stop-here-this-is-bat-country-2/

---------- Post added at 01:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:56 PM ----------

From a thread from one of the earlier halforum incarnations... I think it's a japanese food commercial excerpt.

Cajungal

Cajungal

When/why did you decide not to eat meat?

Would you ever become a vegan?

What's your favorite pizza topping?

If you had to do only one chore religiously for the rest of your life, would you wash dishes, do laundry, or dust/vacuum?

Hylian

Hylian

From a thread from one of the earlier halforum incarnations... I think it's a japanese food commercial excerpt.

Zonker

When/why did you decide not to eat meat?

Would you ever become a vegan?

What's your favorite pizza topping?

If you had to do only one chore religiously for the rest of your life, would you wash dishes, do laundry, or dust/vacuum?
I'm not a vegetarian, I just don't eat meat. Myself. My son is allergic to dairy and has to eat meat to get protein, so on weekends when he's visiting I eat meat. But I don't cook it myself, I've discovered I can't control my weight if I eat meat. :shrug: I do eat fish.

So I would never become a vegan, because I don't feel all that strongly about it.

My favorite pizza topping is artichoke hearts. Mmm, artichoke hearts...

If I had to do one chore, I would rake leaves into piles and jump into them.

Zonker

did you know that uncle duke from Doonesbury was based off of Hunter S?
Oh... huh, now that I think about it... Gosh, I don't know. Maybe subconsciously. It doesn't surprise me at all.

Actually I thought it was the other way around.

Zonker

Answers to questions I wish people had asked me, because they're interesting:

Cerebus the Aardvark.

Doc Oc.

The Dead Parrot sketch.

Green.

Girl Genius, OOTS, XKCD.

Hylian

Hylian

How long ago did you start reading Girl Genius?

Have you ever played Girl Genius: The Works card game before?

Zonker

How long ago did you start reading Girl Genius?

Have you ever played Girl Genius: The Works card game before?
Hm, I stumbled across Girl Genius... gosh, a year or so ago. I've always been a Phil Foglio (sp?) fan, since Dragon Magazine when I was a kid, could never get enough of that, and then Xxxenophile when I was a librarian at the comics library at Reed College.

Don't have time to play card games, really.

Dave

Dave

Does this look infected to you?

Hylian

Hylian

Does Dave look infected to you?

Zonker

Honestly? No, I think it's probably supposed to look like that.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Define the verb: To zonk. Is it irregular? Please conjugate it completely.

Zonker

"To zonk out": to become unaware of one's surroundings, see "space out"

Cajungal

Cajungal

Fine, don't make up something more fun and interesting just to amuse me. :eek:rly:

Fun Size

Fun Size

What's your favorite obscenity, and is it the one you use most often?

Zonker

I can't be creative on a Friday at five while I'm starving to death. Let me go home and order some pizza first...

Zonker

to zonk: verb. To imbibe psychedelic substances to excess, resulting in the experience of the entire timeline of the universe from beginning to end in the span of twelve minutes, overlapping with corners of hidden dimensions where the color purple is interpreted melodically on musical hookas played by caterpillars on toadstools. conj: I zonk, he/she/it zorks, we zonkem, you all zonkan.

---------- Post added at 02:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:27 PM ----------

What's your favorite obscenity, and is it the one you use most often?
My favorite obscenity is the Russian curse word "vyjobyvat'" which, loosely translated, means "to fuck into oblivion." Unfortunately I am not fluent enough in Russian to use it much myself but I always get a kick out of it when I hear someone else say it.

Cajungal

Cajungal

:D Like it.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Why does your avatar so closely resemble my "RL Avatar Week" avatar? Hummmm?

Zonker

Why does your avatar so closely resemble my "RL Avatar Week" avatar? Hummmm?
I've never seen your RL avatar week avatar so I wouldn't know. Could I see it?

That's me with my Sibir' hat. Sibir' is the pro hockey team located in Novosibirsk, where I spent a year teaching economics and met my ex.

So any resemblance to you is just amusing but not real. Much like most of my... (insert self-deprecating humor here).

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Hm, I wonder if it's saved anywhere here. Let me check.

---------- Post added at 07:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:18 PM ----------

Found it!

Zonker

I was totally expecting you to be the female equivalent of a greasy pimply faced fat basement dwelling computer dweeb and you look disappontingly normal in that picture. My preconception of this whole board is in turmoil.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Couple of the other pictures of me that I've posted here on HF.

You can find alot of the forumite's pics in
http://www.halforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7371&highlight=shego+picture&page=3

As for not being a basement dweller? Life doesn't really let me or I would, though "letting myself go" would never be an option.

Zonker

My favorite sf novel currently is Cherryh's Rusalka