Export thread

Aurora's medical stuff

CrimsonSoul

CrimsonSoul

So I don't clog. Up the epic win thread. Ambulance is here I'm riding with her to Houston mom is staying here recovering from. C-Section

Dave

Dave

Stay strong, brother. And you post where ever you feel the need to.

Gared

Gared

Let us know if there's anything you need.

CrimsonSoul

CrimsonSoul

Let us know if there's anything you need.
Thanks I should be good though, my parents aren't the poorest people in the world thankfully so they should be able to cover anything that is out of my financial reach thankfully. This is mainly a place for me to vent and get my anxiety out from inside of me. Still have 30 minutes in the ambulance still we get to Texas children's. Just trying to stay calm. And keep myself together. I know this isn't the worst thing that has happened to a parent but it's the worst that's happened to me as a parent so it had me frazzled. I'm just trying to keep myself together for my wife and baby right now

CrimsonSoul

CrimsonSoul

At the hospital with baby they are doing imaging right now and we'll know about surgery sometime soon

CrimsonSoul

CrimsonSoul

She might not need surgery! Image shows air going through bowels

CrimsonSoul

CrimsonSoul

Nicu has no sleeping area but hospital thankfully had a cancelation on their last Ronald Mcdonald room so I have a place to sleep tobight

CrimsonSoul

CrimsonSoul

Just an update as to why she might not need surgery. After she was born her stomach was distended. And she was having problems breathing. X-ray showed no air in her bowels, only. In her stomach so she was transferred to Texas children's right away because my hospital doesn't have the equipment to handle it. I didn't get to see her until 3 or so hours later when she was in the incubator and the transport team was going over everything with us. Rode in the ambulance to the hospital, filled out paperwork while the nicu team got her set up, finished filling out paperwork and went in with Aurora. As soon as I got in there they were finishing up and doctor was explaining everything to me as to what was going on and then x-ray came right away and did an image and it shows air in her stomach and intestines so that means that there may not be a blockage after all. They still aren't letting her eat just in case while they confirm. But so far it's looking better than it was an hour ago

CrimsonSoul

CrimsonSoul

I had a rough night last night, the baby had a great night though. Two x-rays have been done, no obstruction is showing in them, she's pooped (another sign of no obstruction and nothing is coming out of the tube going to her stomach (another sign) so the nicu stay is fizzling out thankfully. We are waiting for her blood sugar to stabilize (mom had gd) and waiting on her to eat which I don't think she can do with a tube in her mouth then we can go home.

Emrys

Emrys

Hugs to you, Mom, and baby!

CrimsonSoul

CrimsonSoul

Probably not going to go back and see her again today. I think I'm getting sick and she's in an open ward in the nicu and I don't want to put her or any of the other babies at risk. Blah.

CrimsonSoul

CrimsonSoul

Snuggling before I started feeling sicker

evilmike

evilmike

She is just adorable.

Also, amazing picture.

Celt Z

Celt Z

She is absolutely beautiful. I've been keeping my fingers crossed since you started posting last night.

fade

fade

Aw look at that face.

No.
NOPE.
They are pooping barfing machines, and I ain't going through that again.

strawman

strawman

Aw look at that face.

No.
NOPE.

CrimsonSoul

CrimsonSoul

No more stomach sucking tube thing! Going to start feeding her soon... But they might have lost mom's breast milk....

Dei

Dei

Aw look at that face.

No.
NOPE.
I dunno, I think it's preferable to a snarky tween who picks a fight about everything.

Tress

Tress

I dunno, I think it's preferable to a snarky tween who picks a fight about everything.
Good news! As a parent, you don’t have to choose! You get both!

Dei

Dei

Good news! As a parent, you don’t have to choose! You get both!
I can't trade the tween in for the younger model though, that's probably illegal.

strawman

strawman

I can't trade the tween in for the younger model though, that's probably illegal.
Really? So you can't trade in a 15 year old for three 5 year olds?

Well there goes my plan to have all the children in the world.

fade

fade

Well with a baby, you still have to eventually go through the teen crap again.

My 14 year old can move out any time he likes, speaking of. I'll help him pack his bags.

CrimsonSoul

CrimsonSoul

Rory is doing better and better her last blood sugar level was 69,it was her first one above 60 and the first blood sugar level they measured after so got some mommy milk. I got to hold her some earlier but I'm about to fall asleep so I put her back in her warmer. I have a mask on because I have a cough and I don't wanna risk her getting sick

fade

fade

Seriously though that's a beautiful baby and here's wishing you the best.

bhamv3

bhamv3

Rory is doing better and better her last blood sugar level was 69,it was her first one above 60 and the first blood sugar level they measured after so got some mommy milk. I got to hold her some earlier but I'm about to fall asleep so I put her back in her warmer. I have a mask on because I have a cough and I don't wanna risk her getting sick
I love her perplexed expression here. "Hmm... I think that's daddy... but I'm not entirely sure. He looks a bit different."

CrimsonSoul

CrimsonSoul

The plan right now is to be discharged tomorrow sometime. Still slowly weaning her off fluids and they are upping her intake to 2 ounces per feeding because she's a hungry thing

drawn_inward

drawn_inward

Congrats CrimsonSoul family!

Dave

Dave

And now we can all breath as well - sighs of relief! Congrats, dad!

Gryfter

Gryfter

Congrats man! She is beautiful!

CrimsonSoul

CrimsonSoul

Mommy. Begged and begged and got discharged today so she's up here with Rory!

ncts_dodge_man

ncts_dodge_man

Hooray for the good news!

chris

chris

Congratulation. Good to hear the great news.

BTW, your wife looks a lot like my youngest sister

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

What a sweetheart. I'm glad to hear she's doing so well. Congrats!

jwhouk

jwhouk

Been keeping tabs on this while unpacking - Congrats CS!

Simfers

Simfers

Fantastic news, congrats to mom and dad, and welcome to the world, little Aurora!

Emrys

Emrys

Congratulations to you all!

CrimsonSoul

CrimsonSoul

One more day. If everything looks good now then we will go home tomorrow. I guess she didn't come off the iv fluids fast enough or something and her Jaundice levels are a little high... but they don't have her in sunlight or anything to help bring it down so... idk... but now the plan is to go home tomorrow instead of today if everything goes good. they disconnected her IV this morning (but kept it in) and if her blood sugar stays up then they will take it out of her hand. Wish us luck!

CrimsonSoul

CrimsonSoul

Well mom wanted to come and I didn't want to make the hour drive back up to the hospital so I'm going to take a break from the hospital for today and drive back up first thing in the morning and sit with her until she's discharged. Since she's a premie they did a carseat test with her to make sure she could handle it without her oxygen dropping and she went an hour and a half and passed the test so that'd good, yay

CrimsonSoul

CrimsonSoul

IV is out, she's maintaining her blood sugar, and passed her hearing screen. So as long as her jaundice is good the nurse thinks we may be out of there by 1pm tomorrow. I'm going to head back up there around 6 or 7. Probably earlier to try and beat traffic.. We'll see.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

She's gorgeous! Congratulations to you both!!

I'm so happy to hear that you'll be heading home soon.

CrimsonSoul

CrimsonSoul

Slept at the house last night, I hated being away from the hospital but it was a needed respite (and I got some NHL 18 in). Got to the hospital today and from. Everything I've heard it's go day! I guess I have to do cpr classes before they release her though lol. So I guess at 1130 I have an infant cpr class, not that it's a bad thing. I'm hoping about 1pm we will be out of here! Also, if no one has ever used it, Ronald Mcdonald House is amazing.

CrimsonSoul

CrimsonSoul

Home at last, home at last, thank God almighty I we are home at last!

PatrThom

PatrThom

Here’s hoping she lives up to her name!

—Patrick

Celt Z

Celt Z

But how many houses have spinning wheels anymore?

Dei

Dei

At last you can get one of those sequin outfits that change colors pretty easily!

blotsfan

blotsfan

—Patrick
At this time of year? At this time of day? In that part of the country? Localized entirely within his house?

CrimsonSoul

CrimsonSoul

Aurora, because my wife likes it (Also Roman goddess of the dawn) and Mildred Mae after my grandma, because she was awesome

Zappit

Zappit

How did I miss this thread!?!

Congratulations! What a beautiful baby!