[Auto] F1 to return to US in 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Biardo

I think it's a great idea to go to the US with the F1 but why not use one of the beautiful circuits that you guys have over there
I would love to see a F1 car try to go trough the Cork screw at Laguna seca

I think it's a great idea to go to the US with the F1 but why not use one of the beautiful circuits that you guys have over there
I would love to see a F1 car try to go trough the Cork screw at Laguna seca
Start with Bernie Ecclestone being a massive douche, making all sorts of demands of track owners, and being quite insulting even when they *are* kissing his ass. A lot of tracks are too far away from major population centers for his liking. Indy was a big enough city, but too "midwestern" for his tastes.

Add in FIA regulations regarding track design, and I don't think many existing tracks would qualify for consideration.

But mostly it's how much money and ass kissing going Bernie's way.

C

crono1224

At least F1 isn't Nascar and is a little less boring than a big circle :/.

At least F1 isn't Nascar and is a little less boring than a big circle :/.
Plus the race is *done* after two hours, period. None of this lying around shit. And ABSOLUTELY none of the standing around with their thumbs up their butts if it rains. F1 puts on the treaded tires and sends 'em straight back out there. They will stop if it gets to raining too much, but mostly it's put on the rain tires and keep racing.

How can what NASCAR does be called a "show", when so much of what they do now is designed to *prevent* cars from racing? Competition cautions? WTF is that about? You're not up to speed, that's your fault. It's not up to the sanctioning body to help you keep up with the others.

Yeah, I stopped watching NASCAR years ago, once it was no longer the Winston Cup. The change in ownership really seemed to dull things down. And now half the drivers are robots with no personality. Never thought I'd long for the days of incomprehensible Virginia Rednecks like the Burton brothers.

Honestly I'd like to see a US F1 league. Our drivers in the Indy Racing League aren't even close to their European counterparts.

C

Chazwozel

I miss NASCAR when it really was fucking stock cars with a few mods.

Status
Not open for further replies.