Awwwwwww... (LICD 08/09/09)

Status
Not open for further replies.
LICD takes crap?? I LOVE it, it's one of my all time favorite webcomics, it consistently makes me laugh out loud with it's hilarious randomness.

T

Twitch

The only time I ever heard it get crap was someone talking about how he rags on other webcomics too much.

doomdragon6

Staff member
LICD is like one of the most respected webcomics out there, as far as I know, because as much as they do, they never miss an update.

Fucking ever.

T

Twitch

doomdragon6 said:
LICD is like one of the most respected webcomics out there, as far as I know, because as much as they do, they never miss an update.

Fucking ever.
Not only do they never miss an update, they update like it's their job or something... Oh, wait.

North_Ranger

Staff member
Heh, maybe the climate has changed, then ;) I remember posting about one particularly funny LICD comic on the forums back in Ye Olde Image Comics days, and mostly got bitching about how the main character is one nymphomaniac Mary Sue and how I should have posted in the Comic Vivisection or whatever.

But yeah, these guys do deserve props for keeping up with what they promise... AND making another awesome comic (Looking For Group) as well... AND making cool animations with Blind Ferret ;)

S

SeraRelm

He only rags because he wants people to give webcomics a good name rather than a whiny one. I agree with his sentiments on the matter. If you're going to make it your job, then treat it like a job.

SeraRelm said:
He only rags because he wants people to give webcomics a good name rather than a whiny one. I agree with his sentiments on the matter. If you're going to make it your job, then treat it like a job.
Here Here!

*continues browsing the forum while ignoring customers in the lobby*

Neither am I.

...Wait, this is a GLASS desk? Scheisse.

Also, yes, LICD used to get a whole lot of flack for being too "easy"; one big Mary Sue story about a horribly succesful ruch guy who gets all the ladies and has friends who'll go along with any scheme of his whatsoever and never complain. And a soapbox forthe personal opinions of the artists. You know, sort of a females-instead-of-games CAD. Never was my opinion, but I do remember defending it from that kind of comments. To be fair, especially in the earlier years, they have a bit of a point, sometimes. LICD has really evolved.

Strip that inspired this one (that still makes me chuckle): http://leasticoulddo.com/comic/20051028

And yeah, you can look at the comic as a big Mary-Sue or whatever, but I've always found it entertaining. They also deserve all the respect they get for never missing an update.

Oh, and I loved the comic strip where he tells an indignant webcomic artist that he'll buy everything he has if he hasn't missed an update in the past six months.

Status
Not open for further replies.