Export thread

Axe cop will chop your head off

phil

phil

Srsly.

So it's written by a 5 year old and drawn and put together by his 29 year old artist/writer brother.

Also, it's the best thing ever.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

That is probably the most fantastic thing I've read this decade.

phil

phil

Also, Dave, what steps are you taking to make sure that these people become part of our comic hub?

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

This was one of the best things I found on reddit like, ever.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

I don't think you understand Dave, Axe Cop had tryouts and hired a partner. His name is Flute Cop.

They had dinosaurs to kill.

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

Love this comic

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

It's like... the lovechild of Alfred E. Neumann and Doctor McNinja on acid...

Frank

Frankie Williamson

I have never approved of anything more in my life.

David

David

Axe cop is a loose cannon with no reguard for due process.

phil

phil

but damn it if he doesn't get the job done.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Wow, that is just insane in a good way.

Shakey

Shakey

It's just so random. I can't help but love it.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

flute cop really had a tinwhistle.
I'm such a nerd.

fade

fade

29 w a 5 year old brother? Someone thought they were past the point of fertility. Oops.

Also, great idea.

Hylian

Hylian

That was awesome :thumbsup:

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

I did not realize that Ask Axe Cop was also comics. Fantastic.

doomdragon6

doomdragon6

Truly, the comic to rival all comics.

Fun Size

Fun Size

There is no part of this that was not good.

---------- Post added at 05:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:43 PM ----------

Correction: No RSS feed is not good.

Bubble181

Bubble181

I can't wait for episode seven :-(

Shakey

Shakey

I wonder what the snow planet will look like after 3 or 4 generations of incest.

ElJuski

ElJuski

It's funny, but I do wonder how much of this is actually written by a 5-year old.

Fun Size

Fun Size

Honestly, I believe all of it is. That's why it was funny to me - it sounded just random enough to be a kid that age. If he's writing parts of it, he's doing an excellent job of faking the bizarre, stream-of-consciousness storytelling you get out of a kid that age. I could see him guiding it with questions though.

phil

phil

I'd imagine the writing process goes down one of two ways. Either the 5 year old says what happens and the older brother does the layouts and stuff and edits it to fit a comic format. Or the kid does his own doodles and stuff and the older brother just redoes the art.

MindDetective

MindDetective

It's funny, but I do wonder how much of this is actually written by a 5-year old.
There is a video of them brainstorming one of the comics on the site. It is pretty entertaining in itself. I would say the artist guides the kid but doesn't really push the ideas around. He mostly asks questions then puts it into a coherent order.

doomdragon6

doomdragon6

I had my mom write down a story I told once when I was around that age.

I found it once.

Sounded about the same storytelling-wise, but god was it awful. I repeated myself like 30 times trying to get the point across.

fade

fade

I've got a six year old, and puts long stories together like this all the time. In fact he's always making books out of paper with exactly this kind of stuff in it.

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

AWESOME.

---------- Post added at 08:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:52 PM ----------

I had my mom write down a story I told once when I was around that age.

I found it once.

Sounded about the same storytelling-wise, but god was it awful. I repeated myself like 30 times trying to get the point across.
I wrote a short story (my first short story) when I was 6. It was about a totalitarian queen and a team of heroes who try to rescue all her prisoners (held captive in concentration camps). They were all letters of the alphabet. (The main characters A E I O U, and heroes like I Jones, Bat M and S Man)

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Holy fucking hell, that was the raddest shit I've ever seen!

General Specific

General Specific

I feel kinda bad for Flute Cop/Dinosaur Soldier/Avocado Soldier, so many transformations in his short tenure with Axe Cop and probably more to come.

Soliloquy

Best. Thing. Ever.

Dave, you've GOT to get this in the comic hub.

ElJuski

ElJuski

I've got a six year old, and puts long stories together like this all the time. In fact he's always making books out of paper with exactly this kind of stuff in it.[/QUOTE]

I mean, it's not beyond credulity. But what got me thinking was, "This five year old knows what an avocado is?"

MindDetective

MindDetective

I've got a six year old, and puts long stories together like this all the time. In fact he's always making books out of paper with exactly this kind of stuff in it.[/QUOTE]

I mean, it's not beyond credulity. But what got me thinking was, "This five year old knows what an avocado is?"[/QUOTE]

He says it wrong in the video and his brother interprets it for him.

Here you go you lazy bum:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQiCwmolnYw&feature=player_embedded

Bah. can't get it to embed. You're a mod. you fix it.

ElJuski

ElJuski

I'm not a mod anymore :( :( :( :( :(

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

I mean, it's not beyond credulity. But what got me thinking was, "This five year old knows what an avocado is?"[/QUOTE]

He says it wrong in the video and his brother interprets it for him.

Here you go you lazy bum:

Bah. can't get it to embed. You're a mod. you fix it.[/QUOTE]

ElJuski

ElJuski

dawww.

They say Axe Cop made Juice's heart grow three times its size that day...

Gusto

Gusto

Looking back on the stuff I wrote as a child, I can't even imagine how it made sense in my head. I remember what a HUGE paradigm shift it was for me in Kindergarten when we learned about punctuation. It dawned on me immediately, as a 5 year old, that everything I'd written up to then was one giant run-on sentences for PAGES and was therefore absolute garbage.

Hylian

Hylian

soitmusthavelookedalotlikethishuh?

(man it is actually kinda hard to not enter spaces automatically while typing)

Gusto

Gusto

Well I used spaces. But I wrote like a 5 year old speaks, using 'and' every six words and never finishing a thought.

Hylian

Hylian

Well I used spaces. But I wrote like a 5 year old speaks, using 'and' every six words and never finishing a thought.

oops my bad reading comprehension fail on my part.

MindDetective

MindDetective

I'm not a mod anymore :( :( :( :( :(
You mod-like people and your constantly changing of things. I suppose I could have paid a little more attention... Thanks to Allen for fixing it the old fashioned way.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

Youtube puts things in the url to determine how you get to the video, like if you got there from somebody's channel or from an embedded player or from related videos. Generally, just delete everything after the ampersand in the url and it'll embed no problem.

MindDetective

MindDetective

Youtube puts things in the url to determine how you get to the video, like if you got there from somebody's channel or from an embedded player or from related videos. Generally, just delete everything after the ampersand in the url and it'll embed no problem.
I had tried that with no success. I guess I deleted too much or something?

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

If you tried editing the original post, the forum software will automatically put any url in tags. So to get it to embed after a wrong url, you have to get rid of the url tags and fix the url.

MindDetective

MindDetective

If you tried editing the original post, the forum software will automatically put any url in tags. So to get it to embed after ...gs and fix the url.[/QUOTE] :smash::explode:

phil

phil

The easiest way is to just use the url box right above the embed box. It gets rid of all the extra stuff and then all you need is to copy it directly into the forum.

strawman

strawman

Anyone who doubts that kids are awesome needs to read this.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Heh, you should see some of the stuff I drew as a kid/pre-teen.

I'm sure that in my parents' place there's at least one whole cardboard box of my 'cartoons' involving the adventures of Conan the Barbarian and Star Wars rip-offs with elements of the latest thing I was crazy about (e.g. one story involving the aliens of Independence Day), as presented by ca... cat-faced... people... including... a cat-woman... love... interest...

Oh my fucking God, I made furry art as a kid! *facepalm*

Philosopher B.

I sometimes liked recreating shit as a kid. Somewhere I still have a tablet filled with my pictorial recreations of every scene from Fieval Goes West. That's every. Single. Scene.

I had a real thing about Fieval Goes West.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Part of my interest in history came from the fact that I wanted to draw real-looking armor and outfits for my... eugh... furries. I loved illustrated history books to bits.

Koko

What about the Wrestler?
Why wasn't he magic too?
:(

EpicEpileptic

Holy Crap! This is awesome!
I especially loved the final panel in "Ask Axe Cop" #6!
http://axecop.com/index.php/ask/read/ask_axe_cop_6/

phil

phil

THE RETURN

OF DINOSAUR SOLDIER

OMGF

http://axecop.com/index.php/pagenonflash/episode_7/

Cat

Cat

Brilliance

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

We frickin' need to get this bro-an'-sis duo to set up their forum here...

Espy

Espy

This is really amazing. I love it.

Zumbo Prime

This comes dangerously close to the Awesome level of Dr. McNinja.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

We frickin' need to get this bro-an'-sis duo to set up their forum here...
they are both male

Calleja

Calleja

Oh man, this is awesomeness incarnate right here.

SpecialKO

SpecialKO

This may be the greatest thing I've ever read.

TwoBit

I feel kinda bad for Flute Cop/Dinosaur Soldier/Avocado Soldier, so many transformations in his short tenure with Axe Cop and probably more to come.
Flute Cop is getting too old for all this transformation shit.

Dave

Dave

Best. Thing. Ever.

Dave, you've GOT to get this in the comic hub.
Email sent.

phil

phil

I swear to god Dave if you mess this up.

i swear to god

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

I can't imagine they need a forum like us. Beside the fact that we're possibly a bit too crude for a comic written by a 5 year old, the artist works for Slave Labor Graphics and has a couple graphic novels out already.

Dave

Dave

That's what I thought, too. But it's always worth a try.

Besides, more and more people are finding Twitter and Facebook an easier and more user friendly option. I've gotten a lot of responses to that effect.

rabbitgod

Episode 3

"Our gun bill is really high."

The kid gets me.

Shannow

Shannow

....amazing.

fade

fade

Woah, I thought you were dead or something.

Shannow

Shannow

Meh, my posting is sporadic now. Not much going on here lately of interest, so I havent been checking.

Dave

Dave

Meh, my posting is sporadic now. Not much going on here lately of interest, so I havent been checking.
:cry:

Shannow

Shannow

:cry:[/QUOTE]

Well, when you make with the sweet sweet love you promised me, I may stay around longer!

Dave

Dave

:cry:[/QUOTE]

Well, when you make with the sweet sweet love you promised me, I may stay around longer![/QUOTE]

:hump:

Shannow

Shannow

...you had me at hello.

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

And now -

Axe Cop: IN MOTION!

Rob King

Rob King

Bwuh?!

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

Awesome

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

I love the music. And the narrator is so deadpan perfect.

Rob King

Rob King

I agree on the narrator. Brilliant.

Also, that 5 year old is going to see this stuff again when he's like ... 18 and ... I don't even know. Be amazed? Embarassed?

Cajungal

Cajungal

The kid's lucky to have this in common with his brother. He might be embarrassed when he's a teenager, but in the end it'll be a great memory.

Rob King

Rob King

Absolutely. Honestly, it reminds me of a song that my father helped me write at about that age. I had a fascination with sharks at the time. The words were:

Sharks are scary,
Very very scary!
Many attack people and turtles.
Sharks are scary.
Very very scary!

Every so often when I'm home, my father will play the tune that I wrote for it (embellished beyond what my five year old mind could write, because my father is amazing on the piano), and sing it. This happens with alarming frequency whenever he has guests.

Cajungal

Cajungal

That's so sweet! I wanna hear the shark song!

CrimsonSoul

CrimsonSoul

My sister made a song when she was way younger.. it went a little something like this...
a one
a two
a one two three four

Radio, radio you're running out of gas!
Radio, radio you're going to fast!