Export thread

BananaHands and his new AMA thread!

BananaHands

BananaHands

Oh, hey guys!

Moved to LA and had a crazy year - but things have finally evened out (somewhat) and I can be more active on this forum.

So, ask away!

strawman

strawman

In your own home, do you prefer socks, shoes, or bare feet?

Some celebrities have interesting riders in their contracts, such as specific food products, decorations, sorted candies, etc. What would be in your rider?

If someone gave you a weekend long ticket to learn and do ziplining, scuba diving, parachuting/base jumping/paragliding, flying a plane, zero gravity (vomit comet), or race car driving, which would you choose and why?

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Still vegan?

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

Whassap with Los Angeles? Did you get some Santa Ana Winds yet?

GasBandit

GasBandit

You ever go to eat a pork sausage, and find it's got hairs growin' all over it?

drifter

drifter

So what's the craziest thing that's happened to you in LA?

Terrik

Terrik

Banana.

BananaHands

BananaHands

In your own home, do you prefer socks, shoes, or bare feet?
Bare feet. Socks bum me out, man.

Some celebrities have interesting riders in their contracts, such as specific food products, decorations, sorted candies, etc. What would be in your rider?
LaCroix, but only the plain or berry flavor.
Reesees Pumpkins/Eggs - whichever holiday shaped reesees are in season.
Everything pretzel chips and pine nut hummus.
Bananas, obv.
TV with super nintendo and Super Ghouls and Ghosts.

If someone gave you a weekend long ticket to learn and do ziplining, scuba diving, parachuting/base jumping/paragliding, flying a plane, zero gravity (vomit comet), or race car driving, which would you choose and why?
Flying a plane I think. It'd be fun and a sweet skill to add to the ol' bag of tricks.[DOUBLEPOST=1446588523,1446588460][/DOUBLEPOST]
Still vegan?
Nope. :confused:

I eat mostly vegan still - but I'll have chicken or sushi occasionally. This weekend was chicken and waffles at Roscoes.

Bubble181

Bubble181

Why bananas?

Leeks or onions?

Who should lead the country: Arnold Schwarzenegger, or Tom Cruise?

Who are you?

What do you want?

BananaHands

BananaHands

Whassap with Los Angeles? Did you get some Santa Ana Winds yet?
Los Angeles is crazy. I feel like everyone always says that - but it's seriously crazy. Traffic isn't SO bad when you get a feel for it, there's definitely ways around those fabled traffic jams and I feel like I've had a harder time in Chicago with traffic. All the bars close at 2am, but there are afterhours bars that are sneaky but usually double as cocaine dens. I was completely unprepared for how superficial people out here could be. I've also moved up in my career a ridiculous amount just by schmoozing, networking (and fibbing a bit about my experience). Also - with very little weather time moves by SO fast.

Oh, the Santa Ana Winds just blew into town. Brr.[DOUBLEPOST=1446589339,1446589302][/DOUBLEPOST]
You ever go to eat a pork sausage, and find it's got hairs growin' all over it?
Not yet![DOUBLEPOST=1446589569][/DOUBLEPOST]
So what's the craziest thing that's happened to you in LA?
Hm... As far as stupid decisions go - fired an assault rifle while a lil drunk on Malort in the middle of the Mojave Desert.

I also got sent to Puerto Vallarta for two months to help film Bachelor in Paradise.[DOUBLEPOST=1446589761][/DOUBLEPOST]
Terrik.[DOUBLEPOST=1446589921][/DOUBLEPOST]
Why bananas?
I love bananas. Bananas are love, bananas are life.

Leeks or onions?
Onions. Probably because I'm inexperienced in the ways of leeks.

Who should lead the country: Arnold Schwarzenegger, or Tom Cruise?
Arnold. He's the lesser of two crazies.

Who are you?
I don't know anymore!

What do you want?
To be looooooved.

drifter

drifter

Hm... As far as stupid decisions go - fired an assault rifle while a lil drunk on Malort in the middle of the Mojave Desert.
a lil drunk on Malort

BananaHands

BananaHands

Aw, it's not SO bad.

Bubble181

Bubble181

To be looooooved.

Aww, feel free to stop by here anytime. We still love ya.

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

Are you as sad as I am that I'm not out in LA yet?

GasBandit

GasBandit

Are you under the impression that you would be safe and warm there? Well, just don't stop by any churches first when you eventually head out of town, I suppose.

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

Are you under the impression that you would be safe and warm there? Well, just don't stop by any churches first when you eventually head out of town, I suppose.
No, I'm under the impression that my career is there as well as my school....which I'm anxious to get started. Hence the sad.

GasBandit

GasBandit

My reference humor has failed!

PatrThom

PatrThom

Welcome to 7-12% of my life.

--Patrick

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

Yep.

I miss most jokes in text form. I rely a lot on visual cues and audio cues - so even if I miss the reference I can still normally get the joke that way.

But yeah. I sorry. =^^=

GasBandit

GasBandit

Yep.

I miss most jokes in text form. I rely a lot on visual cues and audio cues - so even if I miss the reference I can still normally get the joke that way.

But yeah. I sorry. =^^=
I suppose it's alright, the song in question was from 1966.

PatrThom

PatrThom

I suppose it's alright, the song in question was from 1966.
I honestly thought it was in reference to your recent fascination with hairy pork sausages.

--Patrick

GasBandit

GasBandit

I honestly thought it was in reference to your recent fascination with hairy pork sausages.

--Patrick
Well, in that I felt vindicated, because Anon understood the reference in his AMA.

strawman

strawman

Well, in that I felt vindicated, because Anon understood the reference in his AMA.
/google google google

Ah. A song reference. Kind of a weird song... I'd rather listen to Alice's Restaurant... but it's not so bad I want to turn it off either.

GasBandit

GasBandit

/google google google

Ah. A song reference. Kind of a weird song...
The Dead Milkmen didn't do many "normal" songs.

BananaHands

BananaHands

I am! Hurry up already!

jwhouk

jwhouk

It took me Gas's hint at "1966" to realize what he was talking about.

Mama Cass is rolling in her grave.

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

Welcome to 7-12% of my life.

--Patrick
Well, if you consumed more pop culture, you could make references that other people recognize.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Well, if you consumed more pop culture, you could make references that other people recognize.
I did consume pop culture. Lots of it!
Unfortunately everyone else was interested in soda culture, and...well, here we are.

--Patrick

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

. . . there a bacterial culture joke around here somewhere.

PatrThom

PatrThom

. . . there a bacterial culture joke around here somewhere.
...we don't talk about what grows in the Jäger agar.

--Patrick

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

...we don't talk about what grows in the Jäger agar.

--Patrick
But we do make humorous, sometimes numerous or even tumerous allusions.

phil

phil

Have you joined a gang yet? Was the application process a hassle? Did you just apply to the one or did you have a safty backup? If you fake being sick can you skip the "blood in" portion of the initiation? Is coordinating your wardrobe easier now that you mainly have only one color to wear all the time? Did looking good in Red factor into your decision?

BananaHands

BananaHands

Have you joined a gang yet? Was the application process a hassle? Did you just apply to the one or did you have a safty backup? If you fake being sick can you skip the "blood in" portion of the initiation? Is coordinating your wardrobe easier now that you mainly have only one color to wear all the time? Did looking good in Red factor into your decision?
I joined a union? That's kind of the same as a gang right? The Motion Picture Editor's Guild doesn't really make you bleed in but I did have to go to a meeting after a night shift and was super sleepy and it cost me a chunk of money. I wish I could have just gotten beat up by a gang of editors....

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

I joined a union? That's kind of the same as a gang right? The Motion Picture Editor's Guild doesn't really make you bleed in but I did have to go to a meeting after a night shift and was super sleepy and it cost me a chunk of money. I wish I could have just gotten beat up by a gang of editors....
That's the next meeting. ;)

fade

fade

Hey, but you would be beaten up with lots of fast cuts, a high shutter speed, and vomit inducing camera shake.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Hey, but you would be beaten up with lots of fast cuts, a high shutter speed, and vomit inducing camera shake.
Don't forget the dramatic orchestral cues.

--Patrick

BananaHands

BananaHands

Guuuuys I'm bored. Can we rekindle this BanaAMA thread?

jwhouk

jwhouk

So... Whatcha gonna do with the bacon? ;)

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

What's the weirdest thing you've seen so far while working nights?[DOUBLEPOST=1449744011,1449743437][/DOUBLEPOST]Do bananas taste good with bacon or is it just peanut butter and chocolate? Have you ever eaten one of your fingers to find out?

BananaHands

BananaHands

So... Whatcha gonna do with the bacon? ;)
I haven't decided if I'm going to make the bacon sushi or just spread it out with my morning eggs.

What's the weirdest thing you've seen so far while working nights?
Well my new job that's scheduled nights has been relatively tame. I have seen an entire stretch of all four lanes closed down on the 405 for some gigantic accident at 4am. Who knows what happened.

One point while working at the mansion I had to get a drunken, half-naked cast member in a van since he was kicked off the show. He threw up all over himself too.

Do bananas taste good with bacon or is it just peanut butter and chocolate? Have you ever eaten one of your fingers to find out?
I'm sure if you put bananas, bacon, peanut butter and chocolate together - it'd be pretty damn good. And I chew my fingernails to keep my uptake on potassium going without ruining my fingers.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

So much for any last shred of vegan-ness, eh? :D

BananaHands

BananaHands

So much for any last shred of vegan-ness, eh? :D
Hahah. Well, I try and eat vegan as much as possible. But I'm not going to NOT enjoy bacon. Can you blame me?

jwhouk

jwhouk

I've had Nueske's before, and I do admit - it's the best stuff.

Just don't let my sister (who works for Hormel) hear me say that...

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

How busy are you?

I'm going to be in LA mid January for an event and I'm debating extending my stay by a day or two, could we hang out?

Bubble181

Bubble181

The only correct response to that question was, of course:

BananaHands

BananaHands

How busy are you?

I'm going to be in LA mid January for an event and I'm debating extending my stay by a day or two, could we hang out?
We could definitely hang out! I'm free during the day and Saturday and Sundays. You still planning on moving here??

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

We could definitely hang out! I'm free during the day and Saturday and Sundays. You still planning on moving here??
YAY!!

And YESS. If I could move there tomorrow I would - our hang up is Nate finding/getting a job. While he's a smart man and has his degree in electrical engineering, everyone wants experience before hiring him. So we're stuck in this weird vortex of he needs experience but how else is he supposed to get it other than getting a job?

Anyway, it's dumb. Your number the same? I'll text you when I'm in town! :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jwhouk

jwhouk

Don't forget to give the lady some of that yummy bacon... ;)

Cajungal

Cajungal

What do you do to cheer yourself up?

How do you celebrate a huge success?

strawman

strawman

When is the last time you wondered where all the time had gone, and what caused you to reflect on its speedy passage?

drawn_inward

drawn_inward

When is the last time you wondered where all the time had gone, and what caused you to reflect on its speedy passage?
Taking ThreadNecromancers jerb!

strawman

strawman

Taking ThreadNecromancers jerb!
Well if he'd do his job maybe I wouldn't have to!

phil

phil

Oh is it time for the influx of AMA threads again?

Dave

Dave

Oh is it time for the influx of AMA threads again?
Is that your question?

BananaHands

BananaHands

Leggo.

Celt Z

Celt Z

Are you still working on The Bachelor/ette, or are you on a new project? Is there any juicy behind-the-scenes info you can share about whatever the answer to question #1 is?

BananaHands

BananaHands

Are you still working on The Bachelor/ette, or are you on a new project? Is there any juicy behind-the-scenes info you can share about whatever the answer to question #1 is?
Yes! Still on it, moved up to assistant editor which is nice. Juicy behind the scenes stuff is there is a lot of making out with the main cast that doesn't make it on the show because it's just kind of sloppy how much spit is swapped on that show.