Export thread

Beards!

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

So, I'm thinking of giving it another go in growing a full beard. Of course, as you've seen with a number of my pics, I tend to have a damn good goatee that I feel naked without. But I've never had the patience to grow a full beard, something I've always wanted to do. A part of me keeps thinking that it would look rather good on me.

What's everyone take on beards, in general? As long as they're trim and tidy, of course.

Element 117

on you? meh, pass

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Absolutely hate 'em.

Cajungal

Cajungal

I'm having a hard time picturing you with a beard. I like your current look very much, but I guess it's worth a try. If you don't care for it, you can always return to the status quo. I like beards, myself. But not every guy can wear them.

Baerdog

Baerdog

Every man owes it to himself to try growing a full beard at least once in his life, even if it's just to reassure himself that he looks terrible in one.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

If it's long enough to wrap around your finger, then it's too long.

Also, trim your 'stache. It's a pain eating when half of every mouthful is your own frickin' hair.

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

I had a beard for more or less 4 years and I just recently shaved it off.

Now I've been thinking of growing a goatee w/ mustache, just to try it. I think it would make me look much more italian... I'm not sure it's a good thing, though. But I'll try. Whenever I need to change my life, I change hairstyles or beardstyles, at least for a while. It works stupidly well.

Hylian

Hylian

I have always wanted to grow a full beard but sadly (as of right now) I can not due to it growing in patches :(

I currently have a goatee and mustache combo because I look way to young without it :)

Gusto

Gusto

Shave it clean so you can dress up as Superman when you and I go to FanExpo in August.

:)awesome:??)

makare

I think all men's faces should be clean shaven. .... women's too <.<

Gusto

Gusto

I wish I could have my 2-day stubble forever.

Wasabi Poptart

I like the goatee. I like mustaches, too. I do not like beards other than on Santa Claus.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

I like the goatee. I like mustaches, too. I do not like beards other than on Santa Claus.
Wasabi has a santa claus fetish. She wants to be his ho-ho-ho.

Wasabi Poptart

And, you know, Santa only comes once a year. No pregnancy worries there.

Element 117

If it's long enough to wrap around your finger, then it's too long.

Also, trim your 'stache. It's a pain eating when half of every mouthful is your own frickin' hair.

David

David

I've recently started growing a goatee. I haven't decided if I'll keep it yet.

The pimp hat and cane were optional.

nfldraftman

CincyGuy

The itch drives me crazy...and it takes too long to fill in on me. I don't have the patience. Hell the only reason I grew the goatee is because the (now ex) wife didn't want me to grow one, and I was pissed at her.

After I grew it she said she liked it. WOMEN!!!!!!

Cajungal

Cajungal

You keep it very neat. :)

Baerdog

Baerdog

You should keep the hat.

Cajungal

Cajungal

S'true. You look like you're going to collect money from the Hoes down in Whoville.

Calleja

Calleja

My facial hair grows so fast that I play with it more than most women do with their hair. I may have a goatee one month and a full beard the next, a 5-o lock shadow one week and a marlboro man stubble the next. It's awesome.

I never get itchy when it's growing though.. it's like my DNA is designed with beards in mind.

And gusto... you CAN get the 2-day stubble look forever... use clippers. Just find the right size guard for the look you like and BAM.

Gusto

Gusto

HMMMMM.

Calleja I wish I could rep you again for making my face glorious.

Calleja

Calleja

Clippers and me, man, we go a long way. Even before I shaved my head, my skin is too sensitive and girly for daily shaving with a razor, so I started using clippers and liked the stubble-y look so much that I never looked back. And then my head shaving begun and OH MAN.... when I shave, I really do shave my entire skull.

I haven't used a razor since Halloween 2008 when I shaved to dress as Clark Kent. Before that, it had been since 2004 when I graduated high school.

I don't think I even own one at this point.

LittleSin

LittleSin

I love goatees on guys. I find it sexy and I like the way it scratches. :)

Philosopher B.

Dude. Fuckin' sweet accessories. Been workin' on your pimp hand?

Also, I resent beards. Mainly on account of my face is allergic to growing hair that isn't all wispy and goat-ish. :(

Roxxoredizorz

Do it.

PS If you do, take a daily pic of it, and make a .gif of it, or a video with an explanation of your experience.

jaythen

Tried out the bearded look last year. Then shaved the beard off.

But, the power of the beard could not be removed...

I tried to resist. I tried to fight back. But the beard kept growing...again and again.

Until the appointed time, the beard shall stay. Gruffy and mildly managed (I dont like it too long).

Azurephoenix

Azurephoenix

I can grow an awesome red beard quite quickly... but honestly I don't like the feel or the look of it very much so I'm usually clean shaven. I used to have a goatee a few years back but I prefer how I look without it.

Chazwozel

My facial hair grows so fast that I play with it more than most women do with their hair. I may have a goatee one month and a full beard the next, a 5-o lock shadow one week and a marlboro man stubble the next. It's awesome.

I never get itchy when it's growing though.. it's like my DNA is designed with beards in mind.

And gusto... you CAN get the 2-day stubble look forever... use clippers. Just find the right size guard for the look you like and BAM.
I am the same way. I pretty much change my style on a monthly basis from clean shaven, to chin goatee, to full goatee, to stubble. The only time I grow a full beard is during NHL playoffs.

Fun Size

Fun Size

Beards are great, dude. You can go around and people stop asking questions about why you don't date and never bring any girls home, and you have someone to shop with and...wait, we're not talking about facial hair are we?

Never mind. :whistling:

Morphine

Morphine

This thread needs more pics, people, come on! SHOW - YOUR - BEARDS! SHOW - YOUR - BEARDS! ♪

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

Here's my current "Lazy-Ass Bastard" neckbeard:

Cajungal

Cajungal

Lookin laid back there, Cheesy. ;D

Hylian

Hylian

My hair is a bit messy cause I need to get a haircut but here is a pic anyways

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Since being able to grow one, I have ironically never worked anywhere that permits them to be grown. *shrug*

Vrii

Vrii

My beard looks like it does in my avatar, but longer right now. I need to trim it again, but I haven't worked up the interest to actually do it.

Soon, maybe.

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

This thread needs more pics, people, come on! SHOW - YOUR - BEARDS! SHOW - YOUR - BEARDS! ♪
Ok!

Longest (fullest) beard!

Shortest beard!

Teenager with a goatee!

stubble! (and a wig)

Unbearded! (and mannequin like)

I have no pictures of my current too short goatee with mustache.

Element 117

oh my god Hylian, you have ruined the image Ive had of you, forever.

Morphine

Morphine

SJ: that blonde look really suits you n_n
Nice beard. Morphine approved. *stamps him*

Cajungal

Cajungal

Hylian, I love love love your hair. It's so shiny. *sparkly eyes* SJ, that short-beard pic of yours is one of my favorites. It's very cute. :) You have a nice smile.

We're some pretty people, y'all.

Hylian

Hylian

For good or bad?

Element 117

For good or bad?[/QUOTE]

You used to be freakazoid. Now that picture looks so serious. I can't reconcile it. My world view is fucking shattered.

Hylian

Hylian

For good or bad?[/QUOTE]

You used to be freakazoid. Now that picture looks so serious. I can't reconcile it. My world view is fucking shattered.[/QUOTE]

Would it help if I took a silly picture when I get home from work?

Bubble181

Bubble181

Current look:

Previous look: (didn't keep this one very long)

And before that:

And

And

And before any of that:

GasBandit

GasBandit

Beards good. The little woman likes my beard, and I like her liking my beard. And I have to say, I do think my beard looks pretty good.

And to think all this started years and years ago just by me being too lazy to shave.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Jesus, Bubble... you look just like a buddy of mine up in Alberta...

Baerdog

Baerdog

Bubble you look kinda like Kane from Command and Conquer with the goatee action. Positively devious.

Morphine

Morphine

Bubble181 said:
O_O
*mindless drooling*

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Bubble makes the bald + goatee work damn well.

I'm jealous.

BUT, I honestly belive that the beard look will work for me. Especially with hair.

General Specific

General Specific

*sighs*

I'm nearly 30 and this is the closest I can get to a beard:

It's why I keep myself clean shaven nowadays.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Make sure you post pics when it's done! :)

Hylian

Hylian

For good or bad?[/QUOTE]

You used to be freakazoid. Now that picture looks so serious. I can't reconcile it. My world view is fucking shattered.[/QUOTE]

Would it help if I took a silly picture when I get home from work?[/QUOTE]

do these help at all?

Philosopher B.

*sighs*

I'm nearly 30 and this is the closest I can get to a beard:

It's why I keep myself clean shaven nowadays.
Don't destroy my dreams, man! I keep telling myself that when I hit 25 I'll magically be able to grow a manly chin-carpet. There's gotta be a magic age at which all one's dreams come true, right?!

Right? :'(

Cajungal

Cajungal

Nope. You'll be forever wispy. FOREVER!

Philosopher B.

:waah:

makare

ok crying like a little girl isnt going to help your image.

Philosopher B.

I wasn't crying! There was just ... something in my eye. Yes.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Is it the realization that you're forever going to be a clean-shaven man?

Philosopher B.

Is it the realization that you're forever going to be a clean-shaven man?[/QUOTE]

Yes! I mean, no. Maybe! Ack!

makare

clean shaven is best. you are awesome.

Element 117

Ed will introduce Ed. Full name - Edward Wong Hau Pepelu Tivrusky the 4th

---------- Post added at 08:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:24 PM ----------

For good or bad?[/QUOTE]

do these help at all?

[/QUOTE]

Shattered!

Hylian

Hylian

Ed will introduce Ed. Full name - Edward Wong Hau Pepelu Tivrusky the 4th

---------- Post added at 08:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:24 PM ----------

For good or bad?[/QUOTE]

do these help at all?

[/QUOTE]

Shattered![/QUOTE]

:(

Morphine

Morphine

You will always be freakazoid in my heart Hylian, don't you worry.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Sorry to necro, but...

Operation "Grow a full damn beard" #387 has failed. It was coming in uneven on either side and it just wasn't coming in very full in general. I mean, cripes, look at the pics over in the New Picture thread. That's several weeks worth of an attempt, as well as a trip to the barber for a haircut and beard trim. Ugh.

So, I give up.

Wasabi Poptart

I gave up, too. My dreams of being the bearded lady in a circus sideshow will have to stay as just that, dreams.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Apparently this was posted while I was on vacation. However I think I've posted my beard at its manliest already in another thread.

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

I had this for about an hour, some weeks ago.

Wasabi Poptart

SJ, you need a Gauloises and a beret.

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

Mais oui!

tegid

tegid

Dude, that pic is creeping me out.

Baerdog

Baerdog

Something sad happened last week. I was trimming my goatee and playing with the shape of it. Before I could realize what was going on, I'd trimmed past the point of no return and had to shave the entire thing off. Now I just need to wait for a week when I can get away with not shaving in order to grow it back.

Element 117

This thread is trichophilically hirsutismist!

also, word to the wise, do not read wikipedia's entry on hirsutism..... unless you are in fact trichophiliac.