Beat Hazard- 'Like dunking your eyeballs in laser-fuelled epileptic awesome'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone else here played Beat hazard? Its an indie shmup, kind of like asteroids. and it is *awesome*. Why? because the game plays like the bastard offspring of audiosurf and asteroids. each 'stage' is based on whatever song you choose, and the louder a particular part of the song, the stronger your weapon is.

take for example, Stairway to Heaven. its a long song, 8 minutes, kind of quiet for most of the song. until you reach about three quarters in, and the stage pretty much goes into full laser-inducing epileptic awesome.

A word of warning though. do not play this if you are remotely disposed towards epilepsy. the game looks fantastic, but with all the lasery goodness, it gets a little... hectic.

and its pretty damn good value too. its on Steam and XBLA, the latter for about 400 odd points. (the XBLA is missing some of the PC features for now though, like survival mode. where you have to play through an entire album right through.

I tried out the demo and... holy mother of... I have never had an issue with feeling dizzy while playing flashy games and that game actually was hurting me by it's pure overdose.

Status
Not open for further replies.