[Funny] Build to Fail, Fail to Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have never once attempted to build a structure in my life. I am still fairly confident in saying that I could easily do better than that.

I probably could not build a better shed than this guy. I know nothing about building things, in fact I have never built anything that didn't come with helpful instructions, such as Ikea furniture.

However, because I know I am inexperienced and unskilled, I wouldn't be dumb enough to attempt something like this. It's a waste of time, money, and puts your safety and the safety of others at risk.

I would not attempt to build something of this scale without at least consulting some books or the 'net first. However, had I time and the wherewithal, I probably could build something like this - and do a million times better, because I'd actually use rulers, tools, paper, pencil and, you know, drawings of how things would look before I'd build the blippin' thing.

http://www.bcsportbikes.com/forum/s...Fail-Fail-to-Build.-What-is-this-I-don-t-even.....

(Pages 1, 5, 7, 10, 11 and 17 are your shortcuts)

Now, as someone who has a bit of a reputation amongst my family for my... lack of constructive genius (I'm afraid to shop at IKEA, in case they've already heard of my previous flatpack failures), I can look at this and say... "Yeah, I could see myself doing that."

Thoughts?
Thank you for the laugh. All I can say is wow! Freaking idiot!

Dave

Staff member
Man, the pictures on page 5 alone are funny as hell! My father - the carpenter - is rolling over in his grave. In fact, he's hoping for a zombie apocalypse so he can come back to life, kill himself, and then start rolling over in his grave again.

Status
Not open for further replies.