Canadian Provincial Politics - Racism done right!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Provincial politics are usually a snoozy affair in BC. It's a horserace typically between the Ultra-left NDP and the Quite-Left Liberal party. That's not to say that we don't get some zingers sometimes, this one brought to us by the NDP.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/blogs/cana...ion-rules-mean-caucasian-males-175353665.html

In at least one electoral district in British Columbia, older Caucasian males are being told they need not apply to run for the New Democrats in the next provincial election.
According to the BC NDP's affirmative-action rules, that makes him ineligible to run in the next election in his own riding. The NDP's equity rule, mandates the next NDP candidate in Maple Ridge must be a woman, or a member of an under-represented group: "Persons of colour, gay/lesbian/bi/transgender people, youth, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities."
Damn those white people keeping those white people down!

Well if you stop them from keeping non-whites or women down they'll move on to the only available target... themselves... white people, they crazy like that.

Alberta has a simpler solution, only vote Conservative.

An overweight gay cat diagnosed with full blown bubonic plague that has a month to live could win a seat in Alberta as long as he sports the blue.

I have zero respect/sympathy/patience for these people.
To clarify: Not me. I vote, and do what I can to encourage my friends to vote as well. This year I had to take to facebook and bombard people with wall posts and links showing where their closest polling station was, and explaining that being a college student living away from your permanent address does not mean you can't vote. I wish elections Canada would put more effort into letting people know that, instead of making it seem like you have to be registered in that district.

Most of my friends did vote, but a few held out, continuously coming up with lame excuses as to why they couldn't walk five minutes from their apartment to check a box on a piece of paper and be back before their frozen pizza was done in the oven. How they found the time to be on Facebook all day election day thus perplexes me.

I did not vote in the local township election though, I will admit. The reason being all three candidates literally ran the same campaign platform. If they aren't going to bother to distinguish themselves, its a crapshoot anyway.

I didn't mean to imply you were among them, merely that I am vexed by them. And I know what you mean by people just not caring enough to vote. I find apathy and cynicism to be very ugly qualities.

B

Biannoshufu

Haha, Canada, you guys are great.

Except Manitoba. Sorry. That's Nuke Zone 3 when I ascend to power.

I would rather people not vote than vote uninformed.
I agree. I once knew a dumbass who thought politics, news, and reading in general were boring. He felt it was important to vote though, for some reason. So his solution was to vote for every democrat without looking at their name/platform/ideas, and then vote "yes" on every single proposed law and/or proposition. He told me that "if someone suggested it, it must be a good idea." I would just rather he not vote at all.

We have a system in Ontario too. Don't vote, then complain about whoever gets voted in.
OR

Vote, tell your peers you don't wanna talk about who you voted for in a secret ballot, be peer pressured into telling them anyway, be yelled at for "being wrong".

Status
Not open for further replies.