Can't access the forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't been able to access Halforums since sometime around 11pm last night, though I'm currently accessing it through a proxy. I think maybe you did something to piss off WoW!, Dave or your update last night is causing them to not see you. Just to make it clear...

- This isn't a browser issue. It doesn't work on any of my browsers, unless I'm using a proxy.
- Already cleared my cookies and catch. Didn't help.
- I can access ANYTHING ELSE on the web with no problems.

Any suggestions?

You're most likely getting DNS issues. You cannot do a whole lot about it. It'll fix itself usually between 1 to 3 days as the DNS tables get updated on your ISP's end.

The real question you should ask.... how can you casually ask your neighbour for his WIFI password?

Dave

Staff member
I haven't been able to access Halforums since sometime around 11pm last night, though I'm currently accessing it through a proxy. I think maybe you did something to piss off WoW!, Dave or your update last night is causing them to not see you. Just to make it clear...

- This isn't a browser issue. It doesn't work on any of my browsers, unless I'm using a proxy.
- Already cleared my cookies and catch. Didn't help.
- I can access ANYTHING ELSE on the web with no problems.

Any suggestions?
Well, we did a firewall update yesterday. Let me know what your main IP is and I'll make sure it's not getting caught in the filter. I'll also check location.

I guess I'll just have to wait it out then... if it's not back by Friday then I'll have to call them or something?
Also, did you by any chance, get stoned, ate 3 extra large pizzas, decided to use the ignore function to ignore Halforums.com in its entirely and forgot about it the next morning?

Dave

Staff member
Dialed back the firewall to pre-last night levels and added your main IP for good measure, then restarted the firewall.

If that doesn't do it I'm pretty sure it's you. But if it persists let me know and I'll see if maybe there was a IP ban from a spammer that coincides with your ISP.

Dave

Staff member
Anyone else have any ideas? I'm stumped!
Added at: 11:21
I'm going to check and see why IP addresses are being blocked.
Added at: 11:21
What's your MAIN IP address?

Still not working.

So what... it's my ISP? Perhaps a DNS issue? Grr... I really don't want to call WoW! as the account's not in my name.

On Firefox it just fails to load. On IE, I get this:

Dave

Staff member
WoW? What does WoW have to do with it?

I don't know what else I can do. The firewall is instructed to let you through and your account is not banned or anything.

WoW? What does WoW have to do with it?

I don't know what else I can do. The firewall is instructed to let you through and your account is not banned or anything.
WoW! is WideOpenWest, otherwise known as WoWWay. It's my current ISP. I'd want to call them to see if they are blocking it on their end or something.

Looking online, it does seem like outgoing WoWWay email gets blocked an awful lot by filtering software... something about spammers. I wouldn't be surprised if something is still blocking me.

Alright, I sent them an email... it SAYS I should get a response within 48 hours but who knows when that'll happen. I guess I'll just wait it out, since you can't help me on your end.

Thanks for trying Dave. I know I'm being a pain in your ass.

I wasn't able to get to the forum at work today. Just never loaded. Get home and everything is fine. Weird. I tried getting in through my iPod and Computer and I haven't changed any settings on our router at work.

Dave

Staff member
Message from URLJet:

The problem seems to be at enom, the domain registrar we use...At the moment, I am unable to log into our account there and will update you as we progress.

And we're back!

IT WASN'T ME!!!

C

Chibibar

Message from URLJet:

The problem seems to be at enom, the domain registrar we use...At the moment, I am unable to log into our account there and will update you as we progress.

And we're back!

IT WASN'T ME!!!
Heh. It was the firewall.

Status
Not open for further replies.