Cheney kept CIA program from Congress, source says

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shakey said:
Hard to keep them at their word. However, I'm sure I'll still hear how the CIA is more reliable.
I'm not saying they are more reliable, just saying these are two different issues. The CIA wasn't lying when they said it wasn't their policy to withhold information. This was a program that Cheney told them not to tell congress about. It wasn't their decision. Pelosi also has a lot more to gain by saying she was never told about torture. What does the CIA gain by saying she was told? They aren't going to be prosecuted for anything either way. That is the only reason I hesitate to take her side.[/quote]
That I absolutely understand. I'm not sure I'm "on her side". I do think that the CIA gains something by saying she and other members of the committee were informed about the extent of the torture program, especially since the CIA has such strong ties to Cheney.
I just hope this isn't another situation where we don't find out what happened for another 50 years, when knowing really doesn't help anyone anymore.

CIA has strong ties to every president. Cheney is just so smug about everything we all want him to fall. I doubt we'll get any real closure on it though. We are only going to get what the CIA and Congress chooses to release and nothing more. I have a feeling Cheney is really going to go on the offensive about this though. He is going to feel like he did the right thing by not disclosing this program. It's only been a month since congress was briefed on it and it's already been leaked. It was secret for 6 or 7 years prior to this.

yes, it's weird how those guys just decided to leak an illegal program the CIA told them about... and even shut down before telling them.

Why is this happened to MKULTRA or other programs where they drugged random people without telling them then what?!

Status
Not open for further replies.