Comic Book and Animation Writer Dwayne Mcduffie has passed away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, what a shame. I was just thinking this past week how great his JLA run was when editorial (read: Didio) wasn't meddling with it.

J

Jiarn

Haven't watched JLA but I hear good things. I however did not like Crisis on Infinite Earths at all, mostly because they just basically made an animated movie with the name of the story, but nothing connected to the actual comics.

well it was called Crisis on two Earths and was based on old Earth-1 and Earth-3 stories featuring the Crime Syndicate of America, not Crisis on Infinite Earths, the 12-issue maxi-series Epic by Marv Wolfman and George Perez. It was also a decent movie until end where they felt the need to again make movie Batmen murderers.

J

Jiarn

Guess that was my mistake.

It was a good film on it's own, so taking that into consideration my opinion does change a bit.

I was a big fan of his work, especially his Milestone comics and most especially his animated work. He also wrote the recent All Star Superman movie.

Goddamn, this is a big shame. :( Maybe in commemoration, DC will print more of his milestone comics like they did in the last year or two.

In a sad coincidence, the "All-Star Superman" DTV dropped today. It will be, according to IMDB at present, his final project (he wrote it) but I don't know if there are any scripts in production that we just don't know about.

JLU is the best cartoon series ever made. I rocked the DCAU avatar for a long time before Jessie. He will be missed.

Status
Not open for further replies.