Export thread

Comic Con 2011 Pics

IronBrig4

IronBrig4

I think I was the only Halforumite who was able to attend, so here are a few pics from yesterday. I was Captain Hammer again. What? It works!

The Walking Dead booth:

Teh Kurtz:

The Marriott Hotel:

Pros: Awesome movie premieres, booths, panels, and video game demos. The whole Gaslamp Quarter got into the Con spirit and there were tons of things to do even outside the Convention Center.

Cons: Every one of those things I mentioned was packed. I seriously felt like I was at Disneyland with all those lines. I almost miss the days before geeky stuff became cool. In addition, pre-registration was capped even before I got there so I'll have to take my chances in the online crap-shoot in a few months.

Dave

Dave

Next year is sold out already?!? God damn it!

IronBrig4

IronBrig4

It's not sold out. PRE-registration for the 2011 attendees is full to capacity. They'll still sell passes online as usual sometime in autumn. That will probably mean a succession of server crashes as the hordes of Twi-hards and newbies register hundreds of hits per second.

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

Disney handles crowds better than ComiCon. ComiCon does a great job with what they are faced with, but not nearly at the efficiency of Disney.

linglingface

linglingface

Kagsin and I were there too. I didn't see either of you. D:
I didn't take nearly as many photos this year as I normally do (only 84 vs my usual 400++ per con...)

"Oh, You Sexy Geek" panel

Picked up 4 prints from Laurie B <3 Codex, Harley, Peach, and Leeloo

Adrianne Curry as Leeloo

Kit as Slave Leia

Serenity! This booth had the coolest stuff!

Like these prints! I bought them. They're beautiful.

SDCC 2011 by lady_mei, on Flickr

My boyfriend. I wish. Zach Levi at his NerdHQ. Role-reversal, he's excited to see me! :3

KaseaVP in Witchblade (anime)

Vampy as Electra

Finally met the entire Guild cast!

Friday night was Nerdcore hosted by TheGamerGirls. Soooo I was there. :)

nerdcorenight722 by TheGamerGirls.com, on Flickr

Dancing for MC Frontalot!

With my TGG girls.

Figuring out camera settings and being awesome. :D

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Dancing for MC Frontalot!
SQUEE!

I am jealous. I would dress in sexy schoolgirl clothing if I got to meet MC Frontalot.

figmentPez

figmentPez

Normally I'm rather blase about Slave Leia costumes. Kit looks amazing, though.

linglingface

linglingface

SQUEE!

I am jealous. I would dress in sexy schoolgirl clothing if I got to meet MC Frontalot.
There was also dancing for Doc Awkward, Zealous1, DJ Swamp, and Mega Random. :3 Good times!!

Gusto

Gusto

Anyone who wants a better look at those Firefly prints, I just found them on deviantArt the other day!

Dave

Dave

You guys have no idea how jealous I am about your going to SDCC. I was going to get tickets and then we had all that unemployment thing...

Jay

Jay

9203990.jpg

My... weakness... asian women in schoolgirl outfits...

sheh sheh

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

When I get my pic's up I'll let you know!

Heatherling and IronBrig4: It looks like you guys had an awesome time! =^^=

I didn't have the camera because I was cosplaying, so when I get them from ze hubby's computer, I'll post for sure.

IronBrig4

IronBrig4

Love the pics. Here's a few more that I took.

This is the best Garrus outfit I've ever seen.

Don't blink.

They had banners for all the major houses.

figmentPez

figmentPez

This is the best Garrus outfit I've ever seen.
Hipster Garrus!

I love the work Crabcat Industries does.

linglingface

linglingface

View attachment 2396

My... weakness... asian women in schoolgirl outfits...

sheh sheh
You keep destroying Toy Story for me!!!!! T^T

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

You guys have no idea how jealous I am about your going to SDCC. I was going to get tickets and then we had all that unemployment thing...
Been there twice (thanks, USN!), but the last time was way back in 1994. Too bad I lost all the con stuff in the '05 fire. :(