[Comics] Comic-Time: a pull list tracking web app I wrote

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello my fellow halforumite comic fans!

I've never been very happy with keeping local copies of my comic subscriptions in Dropbox synced text files, or in Evernote. So I decided to do something about it and wrote a small little HTML 5 app to keep track of my pull list. You can check it out by pointing your phone's browser at http://comic-ti.me/. You could also use a desktop browser, but lists are saved within the browser using local storage, to allow you to start saving your lists without any need for registering or logging in. So as of right now there is no syncing across devices. There is offline support in case your shop is in a building as old as time immortal and acts like a Faraday cage rendering a phone's radio useless (A necessary feature if you are a customer at the shop I frequent).

Down the road (this week, time permitting) I will be adding a simple login via Facebook, Twitter, & Google which will allow you to store your lists on the cloud and access them from anywhere.

I'm anxious to see what people think. Feedback, suggestions, concerns, and bug reports are all welcome and encouraged.

As of last week Comic-Time will show you which of your titles are new this week. This week I've been continuing to work on OAuth (So you can use existing Google, Facebook, etc. accounts) and cloud syncing support.

IMG_0584.png

Did I mention you can now sign in with your Google account and that your changes made will be available anywhere? It's true. You can even import any list you might have already made before! You'll find the option to import the public list in the drop down menu that appears when you click your name.

Version 4 is out featuring a new, more unique design, and other small improvements.

iPhone screen grab:
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.