Crazy Birther Lawyer fined $20,000

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chibibar

Yeesh... people are still crusading on the birth Certificate for Obama????

Didn't the government already prove and sanction he is legit? I don't think such a position doesn't have an extensive background check. (and double and triple check)

It's going to court in january. We might someday actually see Obama's birth certificate. I seriously can not wait to see how it all turns out.

Yeesh... people are still crusading on the birth Certificate for Obama????

Didn't the government already prove and sanction he is legit? I don't think such a position doesn't have an extensive background check. (and double and triple check)
Yes, but the proof will never be good enough. I don't like Mahar, but one thing I heard him say on it was you could have video of the birth notarized and these people would still call it fake. This seemed pretty accurate to me.

It's going to court in january. We might someday actually see Obama's birth certificate. I seriously can not wait to see how it all turns out.
At the rate she's angering judges, she'll be disbarred first. No judge is going to compel Obama to produce a birth certificate if the claims are as frivolous as hers. She's produced no fewer than three different birth certificates, claiming each time that it was Obama's "real" birth certificate. Each time, they were shown to be forgeries, and not very good forgeries.

She's continued to press on with her baseless claims, even in the face of one client getting what he wanted without her, and another client firing her outright. Wasting the court's time does not sit well with these judges.

I wouldn't trust her around my teeth or house, either.

We might someday actually see Obama's birth certificate.
Here..let me help you out.

His birth certificate has been shown. The problem with the 'birther' movement is that they don't accept the state-certified record of his birth. Given that, I'm not sure what would satisfy them, other than proof that he is not a US citizen.

C

Chibibar

Didn't the government already prove and sanction he is legit?
Think about what you're saying there.[/QUOTE]

So should you... he could be born on Mars, but if they wanted they could just fake one, seeing how they're the ones giving them out.[/QUOTE]

well... If the ALL branches of government in cahoot with each other (which I cannot believe they can't even agree on something as simple as same sex marriage) then how in the world does the FBI, Congress, and the republican party let that get away with it (yes. I know he is a democrate, but if this was NOT legit, you know the republican would have open this up WELL before Obama actually WON the election)

hence... didn't the government already and sanction he is legit?

So should you... he could be born on Mars, but if they wanted they could just fake one, seeing how they're the ones giving them out.[/QUOTE]

It's ridiculous to believe Obama was capable of carrying out such a far-reaching conspiracy, much less that he was able to do so without leaving a clear trail that cannot be disputed. That's why birthers are crazy; their theories are so absurd that they are impossible, yet they insist they're correct.

C

Chibibar

It's ridiculous to believe Obama was capable of carrying out such a far-reaching conspiracy, much less that he was able to do so without leaving a clear trail that cannot be disputed. That's why birthers are crazy; their theories are so absurd that they are impossible, yet they insist they're correct.[/QUOTE]

heh. I would believe the government is working together when I actually the government working together.

I work for a community college which is partly funded by the government. It is insane what it takes to get anything done. I have friends and family work for government directly (different city offices and such) and they can't seem to get their act together.

The U.S. government? even with a Democrat majority we STILL can't get anything done there....... yea.. the government is in cahoot.

I personally think that these "birthers" just don't like having a non-white person in the office.

I personally think that these "birthers" just don't like having a non-white person in the office.
Maybe. Some probably.

From the way some of you guys talk about them though it makes me wonder if you have ever heard or met a conspiracy theorist. These people aren't rational and they aren't debatable. They are nuts. Nothing you or anyone can do can change them.
Just ignore them. They won't go away, hell we still have nutjobs going on about 9/11, but at least we won't give them any attention.

C

Chibibar

Maybe. Some probably.

From the way some of you guys talk about them though it makes me wonder if you have ever heard or met a conspiracy theorist. These people aren't rational and they aren't debatable. They are nuts. Nothing you or anyone can do can change them.
Just ignore them. They won't go away, hell we still have nutjobs going on about 9/11, but at least we won't give them any attention.[/QUOTE]

I have one friend who just won't listen to any reason. He is a conspiracy theorist in a way. Sometimes he does make sense (when he thinks) but then a lot of time he just nuts. Most of the time I just try to avoid talking about politic with the guy.

Maybe. Some probably.

Just ignore them. They won't go away, hell we still have nutjobs going on about 9/11, but at least we won't give them any attention.[/QUOTE]
Heh, hard to ignore something that was being pushed on cable news for 1/4 of a news cycle for weeks. And I don't mean "wow, look at these nut bags", but "Huh, that could be true" pushed.

Each state has the obligation to vet the presidential nominees before they go on the ballot.

Since every state put him on the ballot, then he has been vetted enough.

I wish people would put their time in more productive pursuits.

On the other hand, they may hurt the more important issues, so maybe it's best they are off in crazy land.

-Adam

Heh, hard to ignore something that was being pushed on cable news for 1/4 of a news cycle for weeks. And I don't mean "wow, look at these nut bags", but "Huh, that could be true" pushed.
Actually you can just turn off the cable news. It's pretty easy.;)

Actually you can just turn off the cable news. It's pretty easy.;)[/QUOTE]
Not really worried about me, but all those gullible idiots out there who believe it. They vote.

A

Armadillo

Heh, hard to ignore something that was being pushed on cable news for 1/4 of a news cycle for weeks. And I don't mean \"wow, look at these nut bags\", but \"Huh, that could be true\" pushed.
Not really worried about me, but all those gullible idiots out there who believe it. They vote.[/QUOTE]

Some of them vote... in the House of Representatives. :facepalm:[/QUOTE]

First thought: "Well, that's just disturbing."

Second thought: "Let's see what her side of the story is."

Here's a direct statement from the Representative in question:

The President is indeed a Citizen of this country and constitutionally qualified to be President of the United States. I may not agree with his politics but there is no doubt he is the President and has my full respect. The video clip being circulated by some is part of a longer conversation with a woman who was very upset about a number of things. I, in no way, agree with her belief that President Obama is not a citizen of the United States. I did agree with her view that the constitution should be strictly interpreted. I was trying to be kind to a woman who was trying desperately and passionately to express her views. She has the right to her beliefs, no matter how much I disagree with them.
Is she playing CYA? Possibly. Until I see more damning evidence though, I'm going to take her word for it that she believes Obama is a citizen.

A

Armadillo

Is she playing CYA? Possibly. Until I see more damning evidence though, I'm going to take her word for it that she believes Obama is a citizen.
I'm sure she does. She's not Michelle Bachmann, after all.[/QUOTE]

Man, Bachmann's a strange cat, isn't she? I agree with probably about 80% of what she says (mainly fiscal), but that other 20%? Whoa nelly.

I'm sure she does. She's not Michelle Bachmann, after all.[/quote]

Man, Bachmann's a strange cat, isn't she? I agree with probably about 80% of what she says (mainly fiscal), but that other 20%? Whoa nelly.[/QUOTE]
That's kinda how I feel about Wexler on the left side of the aisle. He goes kinda loopy. Can't help but think it's something in the Florida water. At least he's stepping down.

I

Iaculus

Heh, hard to ignore something that was being pushed on cable news for 1/4 of a news cycle for weeks. And I don't mean \"wow, look at these nut bags\", but \"Huh, that could be true\" pushed.
Not really worried about me, but all those gullible idiots out there who believe it. They vote.[/QUOTE]

Some of them vote... in the House of Representatives. :facepalm:[/QUOTE]

First thought: "Well, that's just disturbing."

Second thought: "Let's see what her side of the story is."

Here's a direct statement from the Representative in question:

The President is indeed a Citizen of this country and constitutionally qualified to be President of the United States. I may not agree with his politics but there is no doubt he is the President and has my full respect. The video clip being circulated by some is part of a longer conversation with a woman who was very upset about a number of things. I, in no way, agree with her belief that President Obama is not a citizen of the United States. I did agree with her view that the constitution should be strictly interpreted. I was trying to be kind to a woman who was trying desperately and passionately to express her views. She has the right to her beliefs, no matter how much I disagree with them.
Is she playing CYA? Possibly. Until I see more damning evidence though, I'm going to take her word for it that she believes Obama is a citizen.[/QUOTE]

Yeah - on the one hand, that's the exact same tactic Glenn Back and the like have been using ('now, I by no means believe that Obama is a homicidal Islmofascist terrorist, but there are people out there who are concerned that he might be, and they have the constitutional right to ask'), but then again, the doublethink is so strong with that one that I can see someone actually using the defence in all innocence (protip - when disagreeing, it usually works better to say 'they have the right to ask, but I personally think it's a crazy/stupid question' rather than 'now, I don't believe that, but they have the right to ask'). Question is whether or not she makes a habit of it.

A

Armadillo

I can at least claim that while she is from Minnesota, she's not MY representative! The line's about five miles from my house, though.

My rep's Erik Paulson, who while I didn't vote for him, seems to have his head screwed on straight. In this state, that's a rare quality.

She subconsciously wants to be disbarred, doesn't she? Not only is she refusing to pay, but she's going on TV to call the judge corrupt and delusional.

Has anyone bothered to check *her* immigration status, hmm?
maybe her mentor was Jack Thompson and trying to follow his footstep?[/QUOTE]

I brought up something similar in IRC the other day. Who would win in a batshit insane lawyer deathmatch? Taitz or Thompson? PLACE YER BETS!!

She subconsciously wants to be disbarred, doesn't she? Not only is she refusing to pay, but she's going on TV to call the judge corrupt and delusional.

Has anyone bothered to check *her* immigration status, hmm?
maybe her mentor was Jack Thompson and trying to follow his footstep?[/QUOTE]

I brought up something similar in IRC the other day. Who would win in a batshit insane lawyer deathmatch? Taitz or Thompson? PLACE YER BETS!![/QUOTE]

Until Orly Taitz runs for office in order to get the judge who ruled against her to recuse himself, Whacko Jacko wins hands down.

Status
Not open for further replies.