Custom Smilies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Dave! Now I don't have to troll my photobucket account for my most common image macros:

nom
back
ohyou
flip
adorbz
gtfo

:nom:
:back:
:eek:hyou:
:flip:
:adorbz:
:gtfo:[DOUBLEPOST=1359868516][/DOUBLEPOST]If you want to add your own custom smilies, note that you can't replace existing global smilies - for instance you can't do
Code:
:okay:
but you could do
Code:
:okay...:
Anyway, go to your account's smilies setup: www.halforums.com/xenforo/account/smilies and set the title, shortcut, and the file to upload.

The shortcut can be anything. Usually it starts and ends with a colon like the built in smilies so it won't be accidentally used, but you could use any phrase that doesn't include spaces.

Note that these are personal smilies. Although I set up
Code:
for the cute overload image above, no one else will get that when they add
Code:
to their message. They could create their own smilie for that shortcut, and use the same image or a different image.

And don't mind my spelling of smilie. I'm just trying to annoy those that can't help but read it as simile. "I"'s OVER HERE BUDDY.

Yesssss. :fist:[DOUBLEPOST=1360093272][/DOUBLEPOST]:poke:

Too bad they don't show up in the regular smilie list, but this works.

Dave

Staff member
So what do you guys think of this? Is it worth it? I would have to purchase it but would have full rights to the code.

I wouldn't pay for it. Maybe if it put them in the main smilies list, but I doubt it'll get used much at all the way it is.

Dave

Staff member
I agree. As cool as this could be I've removed it. Dude wanted $80 for it, but again the code would have been mine so I could have resold it. But since I wouldn't be able to troubleshoot, that would be more trouble than it is worth.

Had you guys really thought it was the bomb I'd have thought about it, but you basically see the same thing I do.

Status
Not open for further replies.