Export thread

DarkAudit is losing his home

Dave

Dave

Again. DarkAudit is losing his home again. After the foreclosure he's been living at the hotel. Well, they just got sold and he has to GTFO. Now he's scrambling to stay off the street. He found a place but with deposit and rent, he's stretched to the limit.

Let's do something about that limit. He's not asking - Gasbandit is the one who started this - but reading through his posts he needs a couple hundred. I set the limit for $500 but if we break through that I don't think anyone would complain. We got this.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Already gave via PP.

Dave

Dave

Wife gets paid about 3 CT. I have to wait until then.

blotsfan

blotsfan

Great time to learn I'm locked out of PayPal unless I can remember who my favorite teacher was when I made my account or if I can get access to my home phone that's been disconnected for a decade...

@DarkAudit if you have a venmo, DM me.

Bubble181

Bubble181

Great time to learn I'm locked out of PayPal unless I can remember who my favorite teacher was when I made my account or if I can get access to my home phone that's been disconnected for a decade...

@DarkAudit if you have a venmo, DM me.
As if you don't remember the name of that one hot teacher in leather pants.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Thanks to everyone. With help from my sister for the deposit, first thing in the morning I can hand over paperwork and money. :)

Just a heads up, past a certain point, PayPal put a hold on anything coming in. I followed the "get money sooner" procedures, but that only shortens the delay. Not a problem here, as that $ would be going for amenities to make the place livable. Just good to know for the next time someone needs our help.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

All that's left is signing the lease, fill out the property condition survey, and move stuff. :D

Spectrum guy has to come by tomorrow morning to check the apartment's cable connection. No signal to the modem. :(

Dave

Dave

When you want me to remove the donate link? I was going to do it tomorrow morning.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

When you want me to remove the donate link? I was going to do it tomorrow morning.
Tomorrow morning is good. I have virtually no furniture (one chair, a microwave cart, and some ikea cube shelves), so I'm going to have to do a lot of shopping once that hold comes off.

PatrThom

PatrThom

@Dave did you pull it already? I see no donate link.

--Patrick

Bubble181

Bubble181

@Dave did you pull it already? I see no donate link.

--Patrick
Still there for me.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Something's gonna have to be done about that light, Simply won't do late at night.

Looks like a couch/futon by the heater. TV on two Kallax 2x2 shelves on the opposite wall. 2x Kallax by the window for PC gear.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Visit Home Depot/Lowes, find a custom cover for the panel.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Oh man, that stove. So tiny!

—Patrick

Shakey

Shakey

Oh man, that stove. So tiny!

—Patrick
I’ve had a stove like that before. I had to cut my pizzas in half to cook them. Unless you plan to host a giant meal with a ton of people, which you’d never do in a small apartment anyways, it’s just wasted space having a full size one.

PatrThom

PatrThom

I tried to convince my wife to replace our washer and dryer with a pair of HE washer/dryer combos. She didn’t want to do it. Ah well.

—Patrick

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

I'll just leave this here. :D

blotsfan

blotsfan

Don't leave it here. It belongs in your apartment!

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

He’s not wrong, @PatrThom

PatrThom

PatrThom

He’s not wrong, @PatrThom
Didn't say he was. He's just doing The Thing. And doing it admirably.

My comment was going to be "Whatever one pillow can do, toucan do better!" but I felt that was too dumb.
Until now.
You're welcome.

--Patrick

Emrys

Emrys

I call dibs on the couch when I crash at DarkAudit's place!

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

I call dibs on the couch when I crash at DarkAudit's place!
You'll have to share. That's my bed too.

blotsfan

blotsfan

I'm guessing she knew that

Emrys

Emrys

:unibrow:

GasBandit

GasBandit

blotsfan

blotsfan

Classic big government

PatrThom

PatrThom

You misspelled “/metoo”

—Patrick

Emrys

Emrys

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

PROTIP: when moving stuff into a new kitchen, be sure to leave space for the FOOD.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Sorry, that chuckle is mean, but it is funny, you have to admit.