Export thread

Dead Island : Awesomeness has arrived (shitty release though)

Jay

Jay

Trailers :

The anticipation begins...

Dramatic change of fate...

Where I got sold with an awesome song I need to find that starts at 1:35

Jay

Jay

Characters :

Meet Xian Mei

Don't mind the shit music.

-

Meet Sam B.

His one hit wonder in-game sounds great BTW.

-

Meet Logan

28 weeks later soundtrack! :awesome:

-

Meet Purna.... SOON

-
-
-
-

Multiplayer video and interview : http://www.g4tv.com/videos/53271/dead-island-live-e3-gameplay-demo/#video-53275

Gameplay : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDMISPUJ-N8

-
-
-
-
-

So who has preordered the game already? If not, who are planning to get it?

I'm planning to organize a group of HFers who'll play the game together, the specifics are still to be defined but will be players who'll play together, grow together and try not to provide spoilers to one another. Unsure how the game mechanics could work on this but I'm really excited about this game!

Chibibar

I want to get it. I don't see it on steam yet for pre-order (video is there and a page, but no pre-order yet)

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

I've got it pre-ordered for the 360, due to the shitty state of my PC and because that's the system all my friends are getting it for.

@Li3n

@Li3n

Well you can always buy a new PC by selling your "friends" organs... two birds with one stone right there.

Dave

Dave

I will probably get this from Steam. Now that I'll be able to afford games again. :)

Jiarn

What I don't understand is why they don't do cross-platforming for games like this. It's not that they can't. It's been done for years on FFXI and games like this thrive on large communities.

Chibibar

What I don't understand is why they don't do cross-platforming for games like this. It's not that they can't. It's been done for years on FFXI and games like this thrive on large communities.
I have a feeling like L4D type game (similar in some ways) that PC can have custom maps, mods and such to enhance the experience. The console are restricted in that sense. I believe they are separating them for that reason.

Now for MMO like DCUO, it SHOULD be able to cross platform since both system are the same (SOE said so and that is why PC are slow to patch due to PS3 counterpart....... so they say)

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

The simplest reason is just because the coding for each console is entirely different and could have weird interactions with each other. This can be remedied by having a server with software that can understand these different versions of the code and can then translate them into something that works, but then you need to have a server that's running 24/7... and who has to pay for that? If it's the company that made the game, you'd better expect a subscription fee.

Jiarn

If it's the company that made the game, you'd better expect a subscription fee.
Ok?

Jay

Jay

No way... no how I'm playing with Xbox players.
Added at: 14:23
Gonna pre-order once it is on Steam.

Jiarn

In a non-VS game, I can see that as a problem. I can also imagine there should be a "boot/vote off" function available for idiots.

Jay

Jay

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

That initial trailer freaked me the hell out.

I am definitely going to end up getting this game, because the undead are filthy and need to be exterminated, no matter where they end up appearing. I dig the weapons systems that they're previewing, too.

Chibibar

considering steam is saying september 2011, I am surprise the pre-order is not available.

Jay

Jay

As am I, I hope after my vacations are done we can get the party started. I want to get the HHH going.

figmentPez

figmentPez

considering steam is saying september 2011, I am surprise the pre-order is not available.
The pre-order is now available. $49.99, with a 4-pack for $149.97

Chibibar

The pre-order is now available. $49.99, with a 4-pack for $149.97
Ooo.. 4 pack huh?

Jay

Jay

I'd be in for a 4 pack. That's what? 37.50?

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Hm depending on release date I'd be game too.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

Hm depending on release date I'd be game too.
September 9th is the scheduled release date, according to Gamefaqs and my pre-order slip from Gamestop.

Jay

Jay

I'll wait about a week's time to see if enough people would be inclined with the Steam deal. If not, I'll pre-order shortly enough.

Jay

Jay

Looks like they will release a book at the same time with the game on release date.

205839_241853002504815_109294299094020_820128_3253728_n.jpg

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

If I like the game enough, I may consider getting it. Though really, they should have just put in a DLC code like the Fable 3 novel. Then people would have bought it in droves.

Jay

Jay

So, I got 3 people interested in Dead Island on PC. Need one more for that 4 pack.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

Hadn't seen this video posted up:

Jay

Jay

I didn't check that video but I assume massive spoilers for those who want to remain storyline virgins as much as possible.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

I didn't check that video but I assume massive spoilers for those who want to remain storyline virgins as much as possible.
Not really. It briefly talks about what you do once you start the game, what each character can do (We now know the last two specialize in throwing weapons and using guns), tells us that we need money to do some crafting stuff and then does some of the first mission. They don't even complete the first mission because the demo area ends before you can get there. The whole thing has some guy doing a voice over so you can't really hear the game at all.

It only has one bit of new info that I might consider spoiler for the story, but it's pretty minor and you learn about it in the first few minutes of gameplay anyway.

Apparently there is some mysterious individual who's helping you out from a security monitor room somewhere. That's really all we know about them.

Jay

Jay

Nobody wants 15$ off their Dead Island game on PC?

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Dead Island has gone gold. Official US release date is Sept. 6th, everywherelse Sept. 9th.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

Dead Island has gone gold. Official US release date is Sept. 6th, everywherelse Sept. 9th.
I have jury duty that week and I have NO idea how I'm going to get to Gamestop to pick up my reserve copy.

Jay

Jay

LOL Jury Duty.

Still looking for a 4th to buy the Steam pre-sale version of the game.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

LOL Jury Duty.
Oddly enough, my local county legal system makes it tougher for people to get out of jury duty than the federal one does (as I've gotten out of that 3 times already). As I'm not currently employed and I already had it delayed once, my only options were to do the jury duty or admit my anxiety disorder and make it a matter of public record. In the end my pride won out so now I'm doing Jury Duty.

Oh well... I have an interview today so maybe I'll get lucky and I'll be able to get out of it.

Chibibar

Oddly enough, my local county legal system makes it tougher for people to get out of jury duty than the federal one does (as I've gotten out of that 3 times already). As I'm not currently employed and I already had it delayed once, my only options were to do the jury duty or admit my anxiety disorder and make it a matter of public record. In the end my pride won out so now I'm doing Jury Duty.

Oh well... I have an interview today so maybe I'll get lucky and I'll be able to get out of it.
We get paid like whole 6$ for jury duty.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

We get paid like whole 6$ for jury duty.
It's $20 for me, so it's not quite so bad.

Chibibar

Nobody wants 15$ off their Dead Island game on PC?
I would, but already pre-order mine with my friends (got the 4 pack)

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Can you believe I got offered jury duty once?

Once....

Frank

Frankie Williamson

LOL Jury Duty.

Still looking for a 4th to buy the Steam pre-sale version of the game.
Oy, I'm in. Where do you want the monies?

Jay

Jay

Send me a PM with your detail info Frankie, I'll send you with mine. I'll have everything setup for you in a few hours.

Jay

Jay

Gifts are given out.... now only 2 weeks to go...

Who's been counting the days?

fade

fade

The simplest reason is just because the coding for each console is entirely different and could have weird interactions with each other. This can be remedied by having a server with software that can understand these different versions of the code and can then translate them into something that works, but then you need to have a server that's running 24/7... and who has to pay for that? If it's the company that made the game, you'd better expect a subscription fee.
Bah. They solved this problem at low levels like 40 years ago. All they need is a common transport protocol, with the game code itself encapsulated.

Adam

Adammon

Bah. They solved this problem at low levels like 40 years ago. All they need is a common transport protocol, with the game code itself encapsulated.
Sounds good in theory, doesn't work in practice as a lot of the code running on consoles is optimized for specific architectures. PS3 has the Cell processor with 6 of 8 SPEs set aside for processing versus the Xbox 360's tricore Xenon. Had the hardware been more similar, your suggestion probably would have worked - but then there wouldn't have been a 'competitive advantage' on either side.

fade

fade

That's fine, but we're not talking about game code, only data. I'm not sure I understand the problem. Vastly different machines communicate with each other using completely different software over protocols like TCP/IP all the time. None of the machine specifics should matter. Now if you said "porting the code was hard", that has to do with Cell processors and Xenons. Making console and PC versions communicate is an entirely different story, that should have nothing to do with machine architecture. Even at the game code level, higher level functions like "what is game instance Z doing right now" should have nothing to do with CPUs or hardware, and existing APIs for communication should exist for all platforms already, completely taking it out of the porter's hands. It's not just theory--it's commonplace I would argue.

Adam

Adammon

That's fine, but we're not talking about game code, only data. I'm not sure I understand the problem. Vastly different machines communicate with each other using completely different software over protocols like TCP/IP all the time. None of the machine specifics should matter. Now if you said "porting the code was hard", that has to do with Cell processors and Xenons. Making console and PC versions communicate is an entirely different story, that should have nothing to do with machine architecture. Even at the game code level, higher level functions like "what is game instance Z doing right now" should have nothing to do with CPUs or hardware, and existing APIs for communication should exist for all platforms already, completely taking it out of the porter's hands. It's not just theory--it's commonplace I would argue.
I guess I misunderstood what you were getting at. It's how the consoles (And the operating systems) handle the data that causes the issue, not the actual data being sent back and forth. Reference Ping of Death for an example on how communication stacks can cause faults that aren't easily addressed.

Jay

Jay

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

I don't remember if it was mentioned in this thread or not, but there is also going to be a novelization of the game.

Jay

Jay

Indeed, it's on my next book purchase list.

Mathias

Mathias

Pre ordered. Pre loading right now

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Pre-loaded and ready to slay!

Ridiculous that I'll be at work during release. :mad:

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

Pre-loaded and ready to slay!

Ridiculous that I'll be at work during release. :mad:
I know the feeling. I may have to wait till like 5-6 PM to pick up my copy. Fuck you, Franklin County Common Pleas Court.

I've watched a few gameplay vids and I think they changed their minds about the guns. Yeah, you don't find them all the time but looters almost always use guns (crap ones though). This has the effect of maxing out your ammo pretty quickly. Your pool tends to be small, but it's enough that you'll always have bullets if you want them. Melee does seem to have the advantage of taking things out quickly by lobbing off heads though... so maybe it's balanced?

Jay

Jay

I don't plan to really start playing it until tomorrow night after work.

My coop team is almost ready to go. :)

Mathias

Mathias

Steam releases it at 12. Gonna check things out tonight a bit before bed. The slaughter begins tomorrow after work!

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

I would stay and play, however I know myself, I'll end up with barely 3hrs left before work and still be playing if I start....

Mathias

Mathias

I'm not liking that I can't throw random shit around.

Jay

Jay

...fantastic game....

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Stayed up and played anyway. 20 minutes in and I'm freaking loving it so far.

As for Mathias, flinging things everywhere would become a grief tactic so fast it wouldn't be funny. :confused:

Jay

Jay

Played it about 3 hours with my friend. It's awesome.... not perfect but... so enjoyable. :)

Love that you don't have to drag dumbass AI with you if no one is playing them like in L4D.

Chibibar

I won't be able to play until later this evening. Gonna fire it up with the wifey and my best friends.

Someone is gonna get shot in the back I know it!

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

I am very happy about that too Jay, no idiotic AI weighing you down and causing you to be completely unable to compelte a map without their assistance. Today's workday is going to DRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAG.

Jay

Jay

I'm very busy so it'll go fast, I can't wait for go time tonight. The map is HUUUUUGE.

Pat and I found a truck and took a drive. Ran over zombies, threw boxes at them. It's an awesome game really. Combat is FUN.

Just got to get used to that radial/equip menu a bit.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Purna makes my lady parts all tingly.

Firearms expert, ex-hard cop, merc/body guard for hire with a kick your ass attitude, with an amazing accent and beautiful mocha skin? I swooned.

fade

fade

Honestly, is this something that someone without a lot of experience with non-MMORPG online gaming could get into without being creamed into boredom by highly experienced players? I'd like to play, but every time I try one of these I get killed so quickly and so often, it's not fun. Like playing original MK with someone who just sweeps the leg over and over.

Jay

Jay

What are you talking about? This is a coop only game.

Chibibar

Honestly, is this something that someone without a lot of experience with non-MMORPG online gaming could get into without being creamed into boredom by highly experienced players? I'd like to play, but every time I try one of these I get killed so quickly and so often, it's not fun. Like playing original MK with someone who just sweeps the leg over and over.
The game allow you to co-op (internet play) or solo. It is like L4D type with stories and skill system (plus wear and tear on your items and LIMITED ammo)

fade

fade

Well that answers that then. I just assumed it was some kind of run-amok-and-shoot-everything that moves thing with zombies. I'll just look it up. Far be it from me to ask questions about something I'm not familiar with.

doomdragon6

doomdragon6

Assume I will never play this online with anyone, and that I enjoyed Resident Evil 4 and Dead Rising, but not Left 4 Dead. Will I enjoy this game?

Chibibar

Assume I will never play this online with anyone, and that I enjoyed Resident Evil 4 and Dead Rising, but not Left 4 Dead. Will I enjoy this game?
From what shego said, Yes. There is a single player option where you worry about YOURSELF. Even in "single" player mode in L4D, you carry AI which are well... pretty stupid (even dead rising hehe)

Frank

Frankie Williamson

I was only able to play for a few minutes last night, but I was by myself and dug it a great deal.

Jay

Jay

I'd assume Dead Island can be played solo.

Boring as that may sound. Played 3 hours of coop with 1 friend. We were having a great time, and coop beatdowns on zombies NEVER GET OLD.
Added at: 14:33
Announcement :

We deeply regret that an incorrect version of Dead Island was inadvertently made available to players on Steam launch in North America.

We are very sorry for any issues you may have experienced while playing the game - the correct, patched version will be made available to North American players ASAP.

Other territories are not affected by this situation, the fully patched game will be available on Friday as announced.

Frank

Frankie Williamson

ha ha, I was about to post that.

Chibibar

so we can only play with the non patch version or the whole thing is pulled?

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Patched? Non Patched? Pardon?

Jay

Jay

Seems like we got Dev Island.

However, kindly note I experience NO ISSUES AT ALL in the 2+ hours I played last night with my friend.

Will report later.
Added at: 19:09
A patch was sent out this morning that fucked shit up.

- Launching the game gives me an 2 automatic DLC error related messages, clicking OK allows me to proceed.
- Bindings have been reset. Not amusing.
- Seems like my COOP game last night did not save for my character. Logged on to find my character was back at the Prequel. However, I retained my LVL 5.

Not impressed at all.

Won't change my opinion of the game but moreso of the company. How could they have fucked this up so badly?

Jay

Jay

Update: Deep Silver just sent along word that they are planning to announce a "Make Up" to people who purchased the PC version to apologize for the issues. They also stated the updated build should be live on Steam.

Mathias

Mathias

Ok now that I've played more than 15 minutes, this game is pretty kick ass.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

So by the t ime I get home, everything will be good to go? Excellent.

Mathias

Mathias

Jesus Christ, I can't play this game until they patch it again and address the horrible chopping issues. My system is way over kill for this game and even on performance settings the ocean areas are almost unplayable.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

Update: Deep Silver just sent along word that they are planning to announce a "Make Up" to people who purchased the PC version to apologize for the issues. They also stated the updated build should be live on Steam.
They are likely going to be making everyone's version the Special Edition. Or to give them all the Ripper Mod at least.

I played a few hours. I'm enjoying it but it suffers from all the strengths and weaknesses of Borderlands.

Jay

Jay

Game lobby network is down.

Basically, no MP.

I'm keeping myself busy reading a book.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Couple of notes:

The truck I jacked says "D32d 157AnD" for a licence plate. That was hilarious.

On an annoyed note: I was unable to jump into a fenced in hut, even after finding ways to easily "jump' the fence, either from a near-by rockface or using a car hood. Very annoyed.

Frank

Frankie Williamson

INVISIBLE WALL'D.

Math242

Math242

Invisible walls, after Deus EX, are gonna be a pain in the ass to deal with :p

Chibibar

It takes LONG to load.... holy smoke!

Jay

Jay

Takes me about 5-7 seconds to load.

*shrugs*

Chibibar

Takes me about 5-7 seconds to load.

*shrugs*
Weird. This was last night, maybe the "fixed" version is better :)

Jay

Jay

Sadly, the fuck do I know. One of the worst game launches I've experienced.

Shame, the game is GOOD.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

So true Jay. The game itself? Amazing. Inveloping. Addicting.

The patches/lack of MP on week 1/bad versions? Not so great.

In 1 month when I'm beating zombies down on a daily basis, I'll probably have forgotten all about it though.

Far

Far

Normally I am a staunch advocate of steam and buy most, if not all, of my pc games through them. However, having moved for the beginning of September I find myself without internet, save for setting up a hotspot through my phone. Because of this I bought a physical copy of the game that has given few issues, mostly clipping.

Still, can't play co-op either but at least I can play, if you're willing to call singleplayer playing the game at all.

Currently on act 2 and still loving it. Can't wait to play with others though.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Penny Arcade today was pretty clever.

Jay

Jay

MP still down... 24 hours now.

Chibibar

MP still down... 24 hours now.
Dang. This is going to hurt them :( Dead Island was hype all over the internet. It looked REALLY good, but with bad release like this (especially on steam) that is going to hurt the company in future sales :(

Frank

Frankie Williamson

Well, on the positive side. I may get my shit in order in time for some actual multiplayer.

Math242

Math242

god damn, i'm gonna pissed that i live in Europe when i can't play with you all

Chibibar

god damn, i'm gonna pissed that i live in Europe when i can't play with you all
You be pissed? My wife is pissed that she can't play with me (that was the main reason we bought the pack) luckily she is not pissed at me... whew!

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Probably going to be down till the Friday thing.

Jay

Jay

Watch after 4 minutes. I'm rolling in tears.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Watch after 4 minutes. I'm rolling in tears.
That guy laughed so hard he gave himself lung cancer.

Far

Far

Not a story spoiler necessarily, more of a mechanics thing but I didn't know about it going into the game so I figured I'd hide ot for others.
But...one headshot to kill the still living punks, 4-5 to kill basic walkers. Seem odd to anyone else?

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

I have one and only one complaint about this game: Purna's Fury. It targets whoever is closest to you, as long as they are in your vision. This means that instead of unloading her revolver into that Ram bashing on the church door, it unloads into the 6 other guys who aren't doing anything, allowing the Ram to one shot me.

This had better be a bug.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

So I just experienced my first bug. I was beating down a wave of zombies, a good 5 or so, with my newly acquired wrench when I suddenly just fell through the ground.... into a magical pool of nothingness and proceeded to drown. An interesting way to suffer my first death I suppose....

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

So I just experienced my first bug. I was beating down a wave of zombies, a good 5 or so, with my newly acquired wrench when I suddenly just fell through the ground.... into a magical pool of nothingness and proceeded to drown. An interesting way to suffer my first death I suppose....
Zombies have always been a metaphor... maybe the game is just taking it a step further.

Jay

Jay

MP still down, across all platforms. Been almost 48 hours now.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

MP still down, across all platforms. Been almost 48 hours now.
Really? Because I keep seeing people online all the time. Are the notifications works but nothing else?

Jay

Jay

What?

As far as I know, you can't play with eachother. Game Lobby is broken.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

What?

As far as I know, you can't play with eachother. Game Lobby is broken.
See, I'm on the 360. I keep seeing the option to join other people's games.

Jay

Jay

Maybe they fixed it this morning?

Or the PC one is still broken? ansksdkjsdjk

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

MP waiting for me when I get home tonight? That'd be fantastic!

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

I wouldn't get too excited... I haven't joined any games yet. I just keep getting the notifications. I have been getting them since Day 1.

Jay

Jay

Seems 1.2 patch just rolled out, details still coming.

That's 3 official patches in the first 4 days. All patches are over 60 megs.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

On a side note, I hope one of these patches fixes my headset problem. My Megalodon will not work at all. The moment I boot up DI I get screeching static.

Dei

Dei

If you are playing the PC version of Dead Island, the patch that was recently released for the game has a nasty side effect - it makes your saved games unplayable. Deep Silver said they tried every avenue to avoid this, but it simply wasn't possible. Instead there is a small work around available. While you won't get your weapons and items - you can retain your story progress.

When the game opens, select New Game -> Select the same character as you were using before, and then there will be an option for "Chapter Select" which will allow the player to jump to the last chapter they were playing in.​
Future patches shouldn't cause an issue. The console patches for the game will not wipe any save progress - they are currently in certification on the 360 and PS3 and should be released shortly.
In other Dead Island news a brand new iPhone App is available which showcases all of the game's hidden locations and items like IDs, Facts, and other goodies. The app even lets you track your progress (manually sadly) as you collect them so you know what you might be missing! If you do pick it up, be sure to share the info with your friends in true co-op fashion!
You can snag it right here for the iPhone or iPad for $2.99.

Jay

Jay

Off Facebook, this just updated :

The fight for survival in Dead Island will continue with the Bloodbath Arena DLC in late September!

As stated in the pre-order docs included in the Special Edition, codes for this additional content will not be valid before the DLC is released at the end of September. Bloodbath Arena will also be made available for purchase at that time.

DLC Features-
New weapon: The brain wave bomb
Build up XP and loot items to bring into your campaign
Four deadly and hazardous areas.
Endless waves of zombies
Added at: 13:40
Thank god I haven't really played the game at all beyond smacking zombies on the beach.

This is really one of the worst game launches I've seen.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

My saved game is there but all my weapons are gone? What's the fucking point then?

Ugh....

Jay

Jay

Hey, at least you're not like some guy right now who are posting on Steam 20+ levels in and stuck on the beach with no weapons with only flimsy paddles and kicks to fend off LVL 20 zombies coming at them.

Patch was 72 MB.

MP is still not working.

Definitely hardware issue.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

I totally understand, but I had some awesome brass knuckles I had for knocking zombies over and a beautiful little wrench for popping thier skulls open.

Oh well, on the bright side I get to keep my Purna who already has the +150xp bonus to kills. Almost to my +1 rare loot bonus....

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

I totally understand, but I had some awesome brass knuckles I had for knocking zombies over and a beautiful little wrench for popping thier skulls open.

Oh well, on the bright side I get to keep my Purna who already has the +150xp bonus to kills. Almost to my +1 rare loot bonus....
Yeah, that XP bonus is great. +150% xp a kill? So broken.

Frank

Frankie Williamson

I don't know why anyone would be anyone but Purna. Red neck cowboy, Phil Lamarr doing a terrible Nahlins accent and a character who I wouldn't be surprised asks for flied lice at some point are not great alternatives.

Jay

Jay

But at LVL 50 can you respec? If not, you wasted those points...
Added at: 14:58
I really hope they fix all of this before the weekend. Their due date is Friday Night as Steam doesn't accept anything over the weekends, Techland would most likely release some kind of patch before Steam closes shop.

I hope.

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

Isn't this the game where there is a stat or something for a female character that does more damage to men, and the developers called it in the code "FeministWhore+1"?

Jay

Jay

Isn't this the game where there is a stat or something for a female character that does more damage to men, and the developers called it in the code "FeministWhore+1"?
Yep

http://www.vg247.com/2011/09/08/lef...re-skill-not-in-final-version-of-dead-island/

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

The best part of this "news story" is reading the comments and having a mild stroke.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

I don't know why anyone would be anyone but Purna. Red neck cowboy, Phil Lamarr doing a terrible Nahlins accent and a character who I wouldn't be surprised asks for flied lice at some point are not great alternatives.
Because of the spec builds, not necessarily the character choice. Though you are right, Purna is also my favorite storyline character.

As for the RESPEC? Oh I know they BETTER have a respec option because that'd be ridiculous to lock someone in to.

SpecialKO

SpecialKO

The best part of this "news story" is reading the comments and having a mild stroke.
Oi, I looked and regretted. :facepalm:

Jay

Jay

MP IS UP!

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Only 3hrs of work to go.....

Jay

Jay

You have my axe!

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Heh if your fix for my headset works, we're in business tonight.

Mathias

Mathias

I'm really hating this bullshit repair system. Not that I have to repair my weapons, per-say, they break so fucking quickly. One swing and my bat/saw combo is down 1/8.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

This has gotta be a bug. I needed to find a gun in some guy's house... but the location wasn't indicated. So after I locate the only house I haven't been in yet, I go inside and... everything turns foggy and I'm getting slightly damaged. House isn't on fire or anything and even if it was, the Thug inside wasn't getting damaged.

All in all a very strange event.

Math242

Math242

shit, looks like i should not have bought this

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

@ Mathias: The repair system, in my opinon, adds to the suspense and thrill of the game. "Oh shit I just took out that small horde and a huge Thug but most of my weapons are now splintered worthless pieces of wood.... I have to get across the beach with nothing but what I can scavange up from here on out." Now suddenly that worthless plank you passed on your way through the beach, is your only means of survival back. It's an awesome way to make everything valuable. As for your durability sucking on your modified/special weapons? There's talents that increase their durability specifically. So you don't have to feel that your awesome creations are as flimsy as the stuff you find/pick up.

@Math242: It's well worth the money despite it's few glitches and the multiplayer issue the game was having. This game is everything it said it would be and more.

@The previous scare of losing all your items upon login? My Purna-Kigo has all her previous weapons the moment she logged in, nothing lost.

Chibibar

@ Mathias: The repair system, in my opinon, adds to the suspense and thrill of the game. "Oh shit I just took out that small horde and a huge Thug but most of my weapons are now splintered worthless pieces of wood.... I have to get across the beach with nothing but what I can scavange up from here on out." Now suddenly that worthless plank you passed on your way through the beach, is your only means of survival back. It's an awesome way to make everything valuable. As for your durability sucking on your modified/special weapons? There's talents that increase their durability specifically. So you don't have to feel that your awesome creations are as flimsy as the stuff you find/pick up.

@Math242: It's well worth the money despite it's few glitches and the multiplayer issue the game was having. This game is everything it said it would be and more.

@The previous scare of losing all your items upon login? My Purna-Kigo has all her previous weapons the moment she logged in, nothing lost.
that is what I like about the system. While L4D series is awesome with nearly unlimited ammo and weapon never breaks, Dead Island can be a bit more suspenseful since you have to pick your battle, your weapon and situation. You can't go gung ho ALL the time or you will be without a weapon REAL quick which add a whole different element to the game.

Jay

Jay

Playing it for hours with my friends last night.

Hard to wake up to go to work this morning...

Dei

Dei

OK so, when my husband and our friend heard it was like Borderlands they both kind of went "Ew" because they weren't huge fans... Does this game improve on the Borderlands concept or is it really essentially Borderlands with zombies on a tropical island paradise?

Jay

Jay

I do not feel like it is Borderlands in any shape or form at this point.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

It has some core gameplay elements like Borderlands (XP/Upgrade system, finding weapons and modifying them with spare parts) but it digs deeper and really does more with it I think. IE: The crafting system is pretty much scraps + base item = bigger badder item with a few more stats.

I guess the question is, what didn't you like about Borderlands that you were afraid is in Dead Island?

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Tonight was a great night of bloodbaths.

The game was smooth, glitchless, played for hours with a STEAM friend on MP and it was twice as awesome. Sadly my headset is still not working properlly with the game but jeeze is it good fun for hours on end.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

I just picked this up today. I've only managed to log maybe 30 minutes, but whoa shit this game is fun! That island is so pretty... I kinda want to go there.

Who do your voodoo, bitch?

Dei

Dei

I guess the question is, what didn't you like about Borderlands that you were afraid is in Dead Island?
Response to this question from hubby: It felt like an MMO without the MM, because you killed the same shit all the time. (I didn't play Borderlands, so I have no idea!)

With as stubborn and pigheaded as he gets about trying new things, Think I'm still waiting for TL2 for a new co-op game :mad:

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Response to this question from hubby: It felt like an MMO without the MM, because you killed the same shit all the time. (I didn't play Borderlands, so I have no idea!)

With as stubborn and pigheaded as he gets about trying new things, Think I'm still waiting for TL2 for a new co-op game :mad:
Well, you might want to warn him that you spend a lot of time fighting zombies in this game.

I'm not going to say there's a lot of walking dead on that island... but there's a LOT of walking dead on that island. You'd almost think it the major theme.

Mathias

Mathias

Welp this was 50 bucks down the drain.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Welp this was 50 bucks down the drain.
I hate that feeling so much.

Jay

Jay

I love this game so much.

LordRendar

LordRendar

I love Logan,but I keep losing my Knifes. >.<

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

My only complaint so far is the console oriented inventory. Managing my inventory with kb and mouse feels like a pain, and unintuitive.

I hope that can be improved in a patch.

Mathias

Mathias

My complaints thus far:

Horrible launch... that should have clued me in as to what to expect.

The game tries to take itself seriously as a serious survival game, but the gameplay is almost arcade style. Zombies respawn, items respawn, etc... If you want to make it serious and suspenseful add more zombies; make them slower and let them stay dead.

The weapon damage/repair - even with the skills to reduce the damage, I hate how a friggin wrench "gets damaged" in 10-20 swings. While some have argued this makes the game more intense, I feel it cheapens it. I want to kill fucking zombies in a zombie game. I don't want to conserve my swings. I can understand wooden blunt objects, but a rusty pipe ain't getting broken against flesh no matter how many times you club a zombie.

Speaking of repair and mods. Who the fuck decided on using money as currency to make repairs at a workbench? Who am I paying for these repairs? God? Moses? The Easter bunny? Thus far I've barely used any of the 'scrap' items that I've been picking up - you know, actual shit you'd use to cobble your weapon back into shape. What would be cool is if you could mod weapons without blueprints and combine shit together i.e. a baseball bat + duct tape + butcher knife = makeshift axe. No, instead I've spent at least 10k sharpening knives and making a ripper. Why are the guys who trade stuff still using money? Wouldn't it make more sense for a type of bartering system? Why are there merchants to begin with? All shit breaks loose and magically these assholes have all these useful items down their pants?

One of the fury attacks has the character pull out a gun? Why can't I just use this damn gun the whole time? Where did it come from - my ass?

The driving is horrible, and barely useful due to the "fast travel" system. You can only drive on the roads to make use of it. What's the point? Why not just have a trolly system where you hop in a car and it fast travels you to a point on the map.

The AI is TERRIBLE. TERRIBLE. TERRIBLE. I figured out how to kill zombies, without a scratch on me, no matter how many are running towards me. Kick everyone of them down (they can't block or avoid your kick), proceed to bash all of them in the head. You do this the entire game... The entire game! The only challenge are the super-zombies. Thugs are no problem, either go around them or just throw shit at them. Every time you chuck a pipe at a Thug he gets pissed and roars. Go pick up your pipe and repeat.

Oh yeah, the zombies only ever attack you. They completely avoid all other AI survivors... /facepalm

The voice acting is horrible. How many times do I have to endure my guy saying "what the fuck is wrong with you" and "what the hell is happening"? I love how he has a total of like three lines.

I like push to talk voice; not this auto voice crap. I don't need people hearing my wife nagging at me, and kids playing in the background.

I'm so pissed off that I bought this piece of shit.

doomdragon6

doomdragon6

Those do actually sound like things I wouldn't like.

How bad is the zombie respawning? Is it Dead Rising "when you leave and come back" or is it Left 4 Dead "I just cleared out an entire doorless, windowless, ductless 2nd-floor room and a shit-ton of zombies just came running out of it when my back was turned"?

Mathias

Mathias

Those do actually sound like things I wouldn't like.

How bad is the zombie respawning? Is it Dead Rising "when you leave and come back" or is it Left 4 Dead "I just cleared out an entire doorless, windowless, ductless 2nd-floor room and a shit-ton of zombies just came running out of it when my back was turned"?
It's "get into a safe zone and talk to a quest giver, and everything is the way you left it outside" type of respawn.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

Why are the guys who trade stuff still using money? Wouldn't it make more sense for a type of bartering system? Why are there merchants to begin with? All shit breaks loose and magically these assholes have all these useful items down their pants?
This one makes perfect sense actually. They are still using money because they still have hope they will be rescued or that someone will find a way off the island. So they are getting money so they can buy a ticket off the island and/or be fucking rich once they leave. It's purely greed/survival oriented.

As for why you need money to repair items? Fuck if I know. They should have just put in less money and made it purely for buying stuff off traders. Using money to repair weapons is kinda dumb if your not explicitly using it buy parts to fix it or paying someone else to do the job.

LordRendar

LordRendar

The Vendor at the lighthouse acutally say that after the whole thing is done,he will be sitting pretty with the money he will have made.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

The game tries to take itself seriously as a serious survival game, but the gameplay is almost arcade style. Zombies respawn, items respawn, etc... If you want to make it serious and suspenseful add more zombies; make them slower and let them stay dead.
Because there's a leveling system, an item upgrade system, and it's multiplayer. If there was a set number of finite zombies, the game would be "finished" ridiculously fast and be boring beyond belief. It's actually MORE realistic to realize that zombies move from area to area, and just because you cleared out an area an hour ago, doesn't mean more would shuffle their way there soon after.

The weapon damage/repair - even with the skills to reduce the damage, I hate how a friggin wrench "gets damaged" in 10-20 swings. While some have argued this makes the game more intense, I feel it cheapens it. I want to kill fucking zombies in a zombie game. I don't want to conserve my swings. I can understand wooden blunt objects, but a rusty pipe ain't getting broken against flesh no matter how many times you club a zombie.
It ain't just flesh you're hitting. The complains you have about this game is that it's not L4D. Oranges to apples.

Speaking of repair and mods. Who the fuck decided on using money as currency to make repairs at a workbench? Who am I paying for these repairs? God? Moses? The Easter bunny? Thus far I've barely used any of the 'scrap' items that I've been picking up - you know, actual shit you'd use to cobble your weapon back into shape. What would be cool is if you could mod weapons without blueprints and combine shit together i.e. a baseball bat + duct tape + butcher knife = makeshift axe. No, instead I've spent at least 10k sharpening knives and making a ripper. Why are the guys who trade stuff still using money? Wouldn't it make more sense for a type of bartering system? Why are there merchants to begin with? All shit breaks loose and magically these assholes have all these useful items down their pants?
This infection is only known to be on the island, there's still an entire world out there that's functioning just fine on money. There will ALWAYS be greedy bastards hording real money in the hopes they're going to get off the island and be rich as all hell. So yeah, it makes perfect sense.

One of the fury attacks has the character pull out a gun? Why can't I just use this damn gun the whole time? Where did it come from - my ass?
I'm going to agree with you completely on this one, especially since Purna is my favorite character. I'm pretty disappointed in it.

The driving is horrible, and barely useful due to the "fast travel" system. You can only drive on the roads to make use of it. What's the point? Why not just have a trolly system where you hop in a car and it fast travels you to a point on the map.
Back to disagreeing with you again. The fast travel system is ONLY in place once you've ALREADY discovered the area with the hub. The trucks are fantastic because they let you get around the island, to undiscovered parts, quickly and efficiently. It's a perfect system.

The AI is TERRIBLE. TERRIBLE. TERRIBLE. I figured out how to kill zombies, without a scratch on me, no matter how many are running towards me. Kick everyone of them down (they can't block or avoid your kick), proceed to bash all of them in the head. You do this the entire game... The entire game! The only challenge are the super-zombies. Thugs are no problem, either go around them or just throw shit at them. Every time you chuck a pipe at a Thug he gets pissed and roars. Go pick up your pipe and repeat.
I'm very much guessing you didn't get very far into this game. You're complaining about shuffling zombies acting dumb? That IS what the AI is supposed to do. As for your claim that you can take out 5+ zombies with just kicks and head bashes? I know for a fact that isn't true because there is a CD on the kick of about .5 seconds, all in which the other 4 zombies, then 3 zombies then 2 zombies are tearing your shit up. The fact that you can 1v1 or 2v1 zombies with ease is meant to be the gameplay because that's the way the zombie genre is set up. As for how I know you didn't get very far in the game, the further you go, even COMMON zombies cannot be kicked down with one kick, you really start having to fight for your life.

Oh yeah, the zombies only ever attack you. They completely avoid all other AI survivors... /facepalm
Again, no idea what you're talking about, I've had my quests fail due to zombies eating my follower.

The voice acting is horrible. How many times do I have to endure my guy saying "what the fuck is wrong with you" and "what the hell is happening"? I love how he has a total of like three lines.
Agreed here, there's a terrible lack of dialogue that I hope is worked on with future DLC.

I like push to talk voice; not this auto voice crap. I don't need people hearing my wife nagging at me, and kids playing in the background.
Again, I'm with you here. Even though my mic/headset doesn't work right now due to no support being available for 7.1, I was at my brother's place and everytime I talked to him as he was playing, it would broadcast to the server. Here's hoping they change that in a patch.

I'm so pissed off that I bought this piece of shit.
Sounds to me like you either gave up too soon before the real game even began, or it's just not your style of game. Calling it a piece of shit? That's not exactly an "opinion" based on fact.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

It ain't just flesh you're hitting. The complains you have about this game is that it's not L4D. Oranges to apples.
I have to agree. Pipes bend, blades dull and warp, and maces get cracked. It's not unusual that you'd need to fix them after using them so much. If anything, L4D is guilty of making melee weapons too OP by making them invincible.

I'm going to agree with you completely on this one, especially since Purna is my favorite character. I'm pretty disappointed in it.
The best explanation I've been able to come up with is that Purna's revolver might be in some obscure or uncommon ammo type, so she might be "finding" these extra rounds between her fury uses. It's ether that or she doesn't use her gun all the time because it's loud and would attract a lot more attention than the wussy .38s and 9mms you find.

This does nothing to explain why Logan doesn't use his throwing knives all the time. Hell, they are re-useable unlike Purna's revolver, so he doesn't even have the ammo excuse. It's kinda sad that these are the only two furys worth a damn.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Even though my mic/headset doesn't work right now due to no support being available for 7.1, I was at my brother's place and everytime I talked to him as he was playing, it would broadcast to the server. Here's hoping they change that in a patch.\
Hellen Keller 64?

Mathias

Mathias

Every game reviewer out there is pretty much agreeing with I'm talking about. The game sucks. If you enjoy it, then bully for you. I, however, feel I got ripped off of 50 bucks.

I forgot to mention that the graphics are very dated. Feels like I'm back in college playing some Half Life.

Math242

Math242

for what it's worth, i also agree with you. I've played around 5-6 hours and i've already moved on to another game

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Yeah, this game makes me wish I could play Left 4 Dead 2.

I haven't played it at all; I just hear everyone's killing zombies and that's how I'd like to be doing it. :/

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

The game's "tutorial" areas pretty much take about 5-6hrs so yeah, seems like all those "reviewers" didn't bother getting past the "start" of other game before deciding to bash on it. Points have been rebuked and yet still no response to that. Point pretty much stands as opinion. Not to mention alot of the "gripes" I hear are about the game not being somethingelse entirely "not arcade enough". It's exactly what it's trying to be. A survival horror game. It does it beautifully.

As for graphics?

Totally the same. :rolleyes:

Math242

Math242

i find it boring even tho i really try to like it. That's all there is to it. I'm not one to try and change what people think about the game because in the end, i don't give a damn.... I just find it bland.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Well yeah, you played 1/10th of the game, it hasn't "kicked off" yet. It is your opinion to have though, I'm just saying you can't judge an entire product based of it's beginning.

Mathias

Mathias

I don't know why you're being so defensive about it. It's just a game. It just seems like you're trying to justify your purchase by hoping that it gets better. The initial parts of a game should outline what it's going to be like through-out. So, yeah, you can and should judge a game based on the first half of it. I mean really, whens it supposed to get good? It's pretty boring right from the get go. The second half in the sewers is drab and boring. When's it pick up? To me, investing 10 hours into a game to enjoy it is kinda stupid.

The graphics are bad. They remind me a lot of the Pirates of the Burning Seas MMO back from 2006.
Added at: 21:30
i find it boring even tho i really try to like it. That's all there is to it. I'm not one to try and change what people think about the game because in the end, i don't give a damn.... I just find it bland.
Same. It's massively over-rated. The only reason it sold as well as it did was due to a kick-ass trailer that set up for a much darker, much more serious survival game; not a quest and repeat arcade style RPG.

SpecialKO

SpecialKO

No opinion on Dead Island yet (waiting on it from Gamefly), but I gotta agree - 5-6 hours for a shooter-hybrid to become fun is either poor design or a complete genre-player mismatch.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

I don't know why you're being so defensive about it. It's just a game. It just seems like you're trying to justify your purchase by hoping that it gets better.
Or why you're constantly replying even though your points have been put down multiple times. I don't have to justify why a good game is good, just why your points are false.

The initial parts of a game should outline what it's going to be like through-out. So, yeah, you can and should judge a game based on the first half of it. I mean really, whens it supposed to get good? It's pretty boring right from the get go. The second half in the sewers is drab and boring. When's it pick up? To me, investing 10 hours into a game to enjoy it is kinda stupid.
It's just striking me as you're an instant gratification gamer, if so, you're right, DI isn't for you. No worries.

The graphics are bad. They remind me a lot of the Pirates of the Burning Seas MMO back from 2006.

vs

Fail comparisons are fail.

Same. It's massively over-rated. The only reason it sold as well as it did was due to a kick-ass trailer that set up for a much darker, much more serious survival game; not a quest and repeat arcade style RPG.
You keep saying arcade, except the game you're looking for is arcade and this isn't it. I think you've got you analogies are backwards. The only reason it sold? No. The reason it got hyped? Yes. The gameplay vids are what got it sold. How you were able to watch those and still be shocked at what you found is just beyond me.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

I don't know why you're being so defensive about it. It's just a game. It just seems like you're trying to justify your purchase by hoping that it gets better. The initial parts of a game should outline what it's going to be like through-out. So, yeah, you can and should judge a game based on the first half of it. I mean really, whens it supposed to get good? It's pretty boring right from the get go. The second half in the sewers is drab and boring. When's it pick up? To me, investing 10 hours into a game to enjoy it is kinda stupid.

Added at: 21:30

While I enjoy the game, I can see your side of things for all of your points, where it's a matter of difference in taste. But the graphics? They look pretty good to me. The island is fucking gorgeous, and the zombies are gnarly.

Jay

Jay

Shock mod applied on blue machete on Xian? Best 2 hours of the week just happened.

Good times. :)

Azurephoenix

Azurephoenix

Put me in the camp of "not too impressed" so far with this game. I'm not very far in though so maybe it will change as it progresses. I'll keep playing just to give it a fair shake but so far it's not been all that great for me.

The weapon durability in particular drives me nuts. Oars, paddles, broomhandles.... yes, these things will break fairly easily bashing zombies repeatedly. Heavy steel pipes? Crowbars? Wrenches? You're not going to wear out a crowbar by busting skulls... and a fire axe would last for a staggering amount of time chopping into nothing but flesh and bone. Not like the 30-40 swings you get now. Annoying.

Personally the graphics are fine and the ambience is great but I also hate how the areas completely respawn with zombies in the exact same places everytime (if it randomly repopulated places that would be better).

Only time will tell how this plays out. I just finished Deus Ex Human Revolution which I felt was outstanding... so maybe I'm just still reveling in that.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

Every game reviewer out there is pretty much agreeing with I'm talking about. The game sucks.
Actually, the scores seem to be everywhere for Dead Island. It's averaging around 73 on Metacritic (and I absolutely HATE using Metacritic as a source). Their really is no consensus on the game yet, probably because of the buggy launch. If anything, the word of mouth I'm hearing basically boils down to "If you like killing zombies, you'll like Dead Island."

Shock mod applied on blue machete on Xian? Best 2 hours of the week just happened.

Good times. :)
I just put an "Old Smokey" mod on my Military Machete and it's turned into the most brutal and ugly thing I've ever seen. Despite the name, it's a shock mod and it's destroying everything I come across. Makes me wonder what it'll look like on my Wakazashi.

LordRendar

LordRendar

I am gonna hold off on my vote for this game untill they fix Co-Op.I get weird stuttering when I play it Online.Have to switch to single player mode,for it to run smoothly.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

Alright, I just finished the game... just a few quick things.

- The story goes absolutely formulaic once you hit the jungle. I'd almost call that entire portion a parody of zombie horror games if they didn't play it so straight.
- There is clearly a whole dimension of this story that we're not getting. I'm hoping the upcoming Ryder White DLC Campaign answers some of the questions about what happens during certain parts of the game.
- I can't help but feel that they've maybe cut out some content in this. There are certain parts that you'd think would be playable that the game seems to skip over. Maybe they were cut to get the game out on time?
- They inserted an obvious sequel hook in the ending.
- There IS a New Game Plus mode once you beat the game.
- The boss is ridiculously easy. It was Borderlands all over again.

I thoroughly enjoyed the game, but it's still got some issues. All I need to do now is gather and sacrifice the remaining skulls and a few more achievements.

@Li3n

@Li3n

SPOILERS:

:cool:

LordRendar

LordRendar

It all makes sense now!

bhamv3

bhamv3

I once had an umbrella with that exact same pattern. I shit you not.

I was the only person around who was a gamer though, so no one else recognized the pattern or got the reference. It sucked big time.

Jay

Jay

Stumbled onto this during lunch. I'm going to hell aren't I? (sorta NSFW)

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Tinyurl damnit!

LordRendar

LordRendar

Sigh...the infected annoy me with their freaking Windmill punches. I can easily take Thugs,Rams and everyone else but Infected kill ne.especially if I play solo and they run up from some alley behind me.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

Sigh...the infected annoy me with their freaking Windmill punches. I can easily take Thugs,Rams and everyone else but Infected kill ne.especially if I play solo and they run up from some alley behind me.
Yeah, this is a problem. Unless you see them coming, they are always going to take at least 3 blocks off your health with that move and they rarely travel alone.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

I thought you guys might like some bugged videos my friends and I... acquired while doing our Lets Play of Dead Island. We call the series Previously On Glitch Island. We should have another one too soon, involving Sam B getting stuck somewhere.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Mathias

Mathias

Good to see I'm not the only one who thinks the weopon damage system is retarded. I still want to know who you pay money to when you upgrade and repair weapons.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

:rolleyes:

Mathias

Mathias

Did you fuck one of the Devs or something. Your defensiveness over it is really getting annoying. It's a mediocre game. Heaven forbid we say something bad about Dead Island.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Did one of the Devs fuck your wife or something? Your over analization is getting really annoying. It's a fantastic game.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

I'm enjoying the game. Is the money system an obvious game mechanic that goes against realism? Yes. Does that bother me? No.

Mathias

Mathias

Did one of the Devs fuck your wife or something? Your over analization is getting really annoying. It's a fantastic game.
No they fucked me out of 50 dollars.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Only because of how you approached it. Not because of the quality of the game. That's your fault.

LordRendar

LordRendar

Some people like it,some people dont.Nothing wrong with that.

Gusto

Gusto

It certainly seems ripe for parody.

Dave

Dave

I have neither fucked devs, nor had any member of my family fucked by devs. I have not shelled out $50, either. I've heard too much bad about the game to give it a chance yet.

To me it's a bargain bin kind of purchase.

doomdragon6

doomdragon6

Mathias, write the Devs telling them how much you hate it and how unhappy you are that you spent $50. They may actually read it and may actually refund your money. You'd be surprised how often that works.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

Mathias, write the Devs telling them how much you hate it and how unhappy you are that you spent $50. They may actually read it and may actually refund your money. You'd be surprised how often that works.
They are surprisingly responsive on their twitter feed. Besides, it's not like they have to worry about money right now... they are expected to hit 2 Million copies sold by the end of the week.

They are also pushing back DLC releases to work on their current plate of patches.