Export thread

Define this for me please........

darkangel6988

Ok So Define what Dating means........When someone says The chick/dude I'm dating....what do you interpret that as meaning???

I ask this because my friend and I are having a debate on relationships, fuck friends and dating....She claims fuck friends and dating go hand in hand ... Or that dating could mean a relationship I disagree .....

I see dating as a lil bit more then just the ass tapping you know......I mean if your ass tapping only you aint gonna go buy the person a coffee or dinner lol !.... If your in a relationship well it's the whole package and well if your fuck friends well that's self explanatory by the title.....So Anyway

Just curious what yall think on here about this topic :)

Cajungal

Cajungal

I think you can have a fuck buddy you're not dating. With dating, it seems like you're with that person to "see what happens," I guess. You might not be exclusive (yet), but you're in it for companionship and other sorts of fun besides sex. You might have a fuck buddy that you also do other things with, but I believe that there is a difference... at least sometimes.

Fuck buddy...ing... might lead to dating in some cases, I guess. And dating can lead to a relationship. But in my mind, intent is key. Sex friends generally hope to remain just that. People who are dating are in it to see if it can lead to a relationship that goes deeper than sex.

darkangel6988

I think you can have a fuck buddy you're not dating. With dating, it seems like you're with that person to "see what happens," I guess. You might not be exclusive (yet), but you're in it for companionship and other sorts of fun besides sex. You might have a fuck buddy that you also do other things with, but I believe that there is a difference... at least sometimes.

Fuck buddy...ing... might lead to dating in some cases, I guess. And dating can lead to a relationship. But in my mind, intent is key. Sex friends generally hope to remain just that. People who are dating are in it to see if it can lead to a relationship that goes deeper than sex.

Thank you I knew I was right I will pass this to my friend and end this debate lol :)

Cajungal

Cajungal

YES. You tell her I'm the final say on relationships EVER. I'm like Dr. Phil, only I have a head of thick, lustrous hair. Also, I'm not an asshole. All the time.

Jay

Jay

Cobra Star

Dating = Someone you go places with often, talk with intimately about life and family, kiss and cuddle, miss if they're not around and talk to often.

Fuck Friend = Someone you call over when you're "Jonesin". Might talk and have a drink with before/after. Otherwise not seen often. If it's a friend you've known for a while that becomes a "fuck friend" then it takes on a slightly different tone, but still pretty much the same feeling.

Calleja

Calleja

Seej said it best.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Thank you, Callejopolis.

Wasabi Poptart

I mean if your ass tapping only you aint gonna go buy the person a coffee or dinner lol !....

Just curious what yall think on here about this topic :)
I had a fuck buddy that used to take me out and buy me things. We'd have coffee or go out to eat together. We weren't dating, though. It was just part of our deal.

darkangel6988

OH ! What about dating various people at one time? Is that allowed or should you stick to one at a time lol !

Wasabi that's just awesome ! I need me one of those lol !

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

It depends. You can date multiple people at once, unless it's stated you're exclusive.

Fuck buddies, you can have multiple, although it'd be right to outwardly state there are other people (in my opinion).

Having multiple fuck buddies in the same room at once--everyone should know what the deal is if there are other people in the room :p.

darkangel6988

hmmmm what if you don't state your exclusive but the you act like yall are together when your together do you assume the other person is dating others or do you hold back in case the other person isn't .......God my friend and I are dying on this topic....it could go forever the possibilities are endless. I CANNOT WAIT TO DATE LOL !

David

David

How you doin'? :eyebrows:

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

hmmmm what if you don't state your exclusive but the you act like yall are together when your together do you assume the other person is dating others or do you hold back in case the other person isn't .......God my friend and I are dying on this topic....it could go forever the possibilities are endless. I CANNOT WAIT TO DATE LOL !
Probably assume the other is either dating others or willing to unless "exclusive" is stated, or it moves onto a relationship (in which case, exclusive comes with the territory).

darkangel6988

Wow I'm loving this I should get a notebook and write it all down for when my dating time comes lol ! I never really dated only had relationships and I'm not a fuck friend kinda gal . This is all very fascinating thanks for your input :)

---------- Post added at 10:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:28 PM ----------

How you doin'? :eyebrows:
Fantastic ,... How you doing lol :cool:

Wasabi Poptart

OH ! What about dating various people at one time? Is that allowed or should you stick to one at a time lol !

Wasabi that's just awesome ! I need me one of those lol !
I wouldn't advise it, honestly. I was being pretty selfish. He was married. :whistling:

PatrThom

PatrThom

Dating = Audition
Engaged = Cast
Fuck friend/buddy = Understudy

--Patrick

Element 117

Dating = Audition
Engaged = Cast

--Patrick
Married = Cats?

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Dating = Audition
Engaged = Cast

--Patrick
Married = Cats?[/QUOTE]

Divorce = West Side Story?

PatrThom

PatrThom

Married = Cats?
For me, Married = Cats x 3. Had 2, she brought 4 more.

I think marriage is more like Gilbert & Sullivan, actually.

--Patrick

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Dating = Gusto
Fuck Friend = Jay

There you go.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

*snrk* Thank you, Shego, for keeping it succinct.

Cajungal

Cajungal

OK!!! :D Call me if Jay gets bored.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Man, I ain't never had a fuck buddy before. But then, I'm the kinda guy that equates sex with more than just sex.

But yeah, sex buddy = sex, sex and more sex. You're likely friends, as well, but it's kind of like a mutual verbal agreement to satify the other's needs without emotional attachment.
Dating is...kind of like feeling it out to see if they're compatible enough for something deeper. For example, in the last few years, I've dated but not really been in a relationship. The longest any "relationship" I've had was a little over a month, so I still define it as dating. Sex can fall into that, as well, since you're also feeling out to see if you're sexually compatible.
A relationship basically means you ARE compatible and there's at least a chance of something involving rings and a white dress. Whether you're compatible enough to go the distance? That takes a little longer.

Jay

Jay

It's that obvious, isn't it Shego?

Well Cajungal, it's pretty hard to get bored playing with a body like that. It's sugar and spice and everything nice.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

It seems that to most of the women I dated, I was the fuck buddy.

Also the one girl I treated like a fuck buddy I should have dated. Except she did not want to break up with her boyfriend while he was behind bars.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Well Cajungal, it's pretty hard to get bored playing with a body like that. It's sugar and spice and everything nice.
:wtf:

Espy

Espy

:wtf:[/QUOTE]
You know how sometimes threads go from "hmmmm..." to "uh... I'm gonna slowly walk out after I post a gif of grandpa simpson doing the turn around"?
Well, we just hit it I think.

Calleja

Calleja

Simmons?

Oh man, if you weren't The Baby I'd totally neg rep you for such an awful pop reference faux pas.

Espy

Espy

I have no idea what you are talking about Mex. Perhaps to much Tequila today?

Calleja

Calleja

Someone neg repped me because of your lies!!!

LIAR!!!

Chibibar

ahhh... FWB vs dating

I had a couple of FWB - these are mutual that you are there for each other physically only. :)
dating - you are hoping for a lasting relationship. It is not good to have dating AND FWB (complicate things) now you CAN date multiple unless both parties agree to be exclusive.

Note: FWB = friends with Benefits.

darkangel6988

Been awhile since I posted on here and I'm back at this again because now I have more questions since I've dated 2 people in the past month.......YEP I DID LOL ! GOOD TIMES anyway i must focus...

The first guy I wasn't really vibing but since you know I'm in a bad place and not getting any booty I embarked on the were gonna be fuck friends ........That ended quick I really just didn't like him....The second guy though he was pretty awesome but problem is now I can't commit to him so if I keep it up he will be fuck buddy number 2 and I aint about to let that happen so I'll just back out gracefully...

My question though is my friend dates alot and what seems to be a reaccuring problem for her is that they date for a month or so you get to the sex part and they never call back ? What does this mean? I feel lucky this hasn't happened to me the only problem I come across is trouble getting rid of them without hurting feelings....

So how long do you have to wait before putting out cause i've heard from men that once the secret is released the fun goes that is why you should never give it up too quickly !!! Any advice on that?

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

yeah, putting it out there fast does not get the call backs. Guys will just think you treat sex like a handshake and move on.

There are a lot of guys out there that are after one thing, and when it is received with in 2 hours of meeting some one... MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.

darkangel6988

yeah, putting it out there fast does not get the call backs. Guys will just think you treat sex like a handshake and move on.

There are a lot of guys out there that are after one thing, and when it is received with in 2 hours of meeting some one... MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.

I agree so how many dates before you should do it where its classy and not having someone wait forever ?

Math242

Math242

few days, a week maybe?

i mean, it's certainly a good idea not to put out the first night because it builds the desire...

I once waited 6 weeks (but the girl was 22). Since then, the most i had to wait was 1 week and a half. 2 weeks would have been too long honestly, we're adults.

in a number of dates: I like 3 but usually end up doing the nasty at the second :)

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

The common rule is 3 dates. That still seems a little fast. If you don't want to tear a guys clothes off in that time, you may not be that interested.

But again, I am an old bachelor, not the best person for dating advice. But with dating for 21+ years, I've seen a lot.

Wasabi Poptart

I didn't go by the number of dates, but by the amount of time that's passed and how attracted I was to the guy. Usually it was a few weeks. With my husband, I jumped his bones within hours of first meeting him face-to-face. We met online and talked for about 3 weeks before we finally got together. He was also leaving the country soon, so I figured it was just going to be a fling. Look at where that landed me. LMAO

darkangel6988

hmmm .. Thanks for that ....I may have to redate the last guy I dated it would be date 4 i'd say its time to tap that lol !!!

Ok but seriously ...Dating is complicated its a lil annoying too ......I have alot of offers just kinda picky on who to meet....Online dating is more difficult but I can't pick up men in bars and clubs... Any suggestions aside online to find potential dates? I have to admit I love this topic of dating because it can go on forever !

---------- Post added at 10:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 AM ----------

few days, a week maybe?

i mean, it's certainly a good idea not to put out the first night because it builds the desire...

I once waited 6 weeks (but the girl was 22). Since then, the most i had to wait was 1 week and a half. 2 weeks would have been too long honestly, we're adults.

in a number of dates: I like 3 but usually end up doing the nasty at the second :)

Wanna go out ? Lol !

Cajungal

Cajungal

If you have any free time, a little lagniappe class for art, a foreign language, whatever you might be interested in might be a good way. Adult classes are a great way to meet people who share your interests; they're not there because they have to be; they're there to have fun doing what they like. I don't know if you're religious, but if you are, maybe start going to pot lucks at your local church or helping with the volunteering. Anything that gets you in a social place where you know you share something with everyone there.

Math242

Math242

Shannow

Shannow

Espy

Espy

My question though is my friend dates alot and what seems to be a reaccuring problem for her is that they date for a month or so you get to the sex part and they never call back ? What does this mean? I feel lucky this hasn't happened to me the only problem I come across is trouble getting rid of them without hurting feelings....

So how long do you have to wait before putting out cause i've heard from men that once the secret is released the fun goes that is why you should never give it up too quickly !!! Any advice on that?
Pretty much what some of the others have said, lots of guys are only in it for the "hunt". It sounds terrible (and maybe because it is, depends on your point of view I suppose) but once they have gotten what they wanted why stay around? Clearly they aren't looking for a relationship, hence, no call back.

As to how long to wait? I guess that depends on the guy you pick. If he's only in it for the sex then, well, it doesn't really matter, if you have sex to early he'll be gone, if you wait, he'll be gone. If you pick a guy who isn't just in it for the sex (finding that guy is a whole different topic I suppose) then it will probably be a mutual decision rather than one that is done to merely satisfy the pressures of one partner.

darkangel6988

Holy confusion Espy u should write a book about dating and fuck friends lol !

Espy

Espy

lol, I'll try to fit it that in my schedule. ;)

The reality is, the person you pick is going to determine how things roll, you know? You pick a shitty guy, he's gonna be... a shitty guy whether or not you sleep with him. You pick a good guy and he's going to be... a good guy, whether or not you sleep with him. Sex can, for many people, take relationships to REALLY intense stages before they are ready, which is why many people hold back on it. I'm not going to tell anyone when they can and can't have sex, but the kind of after school cliche's about respecting yourself and taking your time to get to know someone (assuming you want a relationship and not fuck buddy) are, oddly enough, often quite true. Of course, as I said, it all really depends on what kind of guy/girl one goes after.

Wasabi Poptart

I think it also depends on what YOU want out of the relationship. As I said, when I met my husband I figured it was just going to be a fling since he was leaving the country for 2 years. I was ok with it being possibly a one time thing. I wasn't looking for a boyfriend, let alone a long distance relationship with someone overseas. If you're looking for something serious, then don't play around with a fuck buddy or friend with benefits or even sticking with a guy for the sake of being with someone. That's not to say you shouldn't enjoy yourself, but keep in mind what you are looking for and the kind of person you want in your life.

nfldraftman

CincyGuy

<Prints out thread for handy field reference guide>

bhamv3

bhamv3

For me, six years, and still waiting.