Export thread

Demographic: Mario Kart 64 Character?

BananaHands

BananaHands

Who did you think was the best character and why was it Donkey Kong?

PatrThom

PatrThom

I could not vote in this poll, as there is no option for "I have never played Mario Kart."

--Patrick

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

My brother and I fought over Yoshi ALWAYS.

I'm not sure how true our reasoning was, but to us, he was one of the fastest racers (beaten only by Toad), but was still heavy enough that big guys wouldn't crush us/make us spin out.

Dave

Dave

Same as @PatrThom.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Dave

Dave

Mendicant.[DOUBLEPOST=1400595767,1400595731][/DOUBLEPOST]I added "Never Played".

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Mendicant.[DOUBLEPOST=1400595767,1400595731][/DOUBLEPOST]I added "Never Played".

PatrThom

PatrThom

4.gif

("grew")

--Patrick

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

GasBandit

GasBandit

Toad. Cause even back in Mario 2 he was the fastest.

blotsfan

blotsfan

Same with Gas. If you're fast enough, no one can catch you to hit you.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

Actually, Toad only had the highest acceleration. Bowser, DK, and Wario had the highest top speeds but low acceleration due to their weight. They also barely lost any speed if they hit you.

BananaHands

BananaHands

Here's a scenic beach waterfall picture to help you guys think:

GasBandit

GasBandit

Acceleration is important when your friends are all assholes.

BananaHands

BananaHands

Acceleration is important when your friends are all assholes.

Dei

Dei

I was always Peach because she was the only girl and I was maybe 10? when Mario Kart first came out? I forget.

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

Look. Toad, clearly Toad.

Obviously Toad.

It's not about winning, it's about who goes home with Princess Peach.

Now, is it probably freaky? Yes. Is he probably more like a dildo than a lover? I imagine so. But he's shaped like a mushroom penis mushroom look, what I'm saying is, my girlfriend is out of town and I seriously

have had too much caffeine and should stop talking right about now

GasBandit

GasBandit

Look. Toad, clearly Toad.

Obviously Toad.

It's not about winning, it's about who goes home with Princess Peach.

Now, is it probably freaky? Yes. Is he probably more like a dildo than a lover? I imagine so. But he's shaped like a mushroom penis mushroom look, what I'm saying is, my girlfriend is out of town and I seriously

have had too much caffeine and should stop talking right about now

Applicable part starts at 2:20... but if you haven't seen it, watch the whole thing.

phil

phil

At first I would pay with the heavy characters like Bowser for their durability. In battle mode I still used him most. Eventually I learned the value of acceleration and went with toad. He was just to easily spin-outable so I settled with luigi.[DOUBLEPOST=1400605286,1400605138][/DOUBLEPOST]Fun fact: bowser was so heavy that at top speeds he could make lighter characters lose a balloon by just hitting them.

grub

grub

Luigi for the same reason as phil, enough weight to not spin but enough acceleration to run.

Yoshimickster

Yoshimickster

Yoshi, a good balanced character. You may start your jokes now.

Covar

Covar

Luigi.

ScytheRexx

ScytheRexx

Luigi in the house, BROS!

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Bowser. All day, every day. It's good to be bad.

figmentPez

figmentPez

Yoshi, a good balanced character. You may start your jokes now.
Why would that bring on jokes? It makes perfect sense, I mean an unbalanced person like you obviously enjoys having some sort of balance in their life... :awesome:

phil

phil

Luigi for the same reason as phil, enough weight to not spin but enough acceleration to run.
I'm also the younger brother, so that was a heavy influence on my choice as well.

Gusto

Gusto

Bowser, Peach, Yoshi, Luigi, switch it up every time.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

I'ma Luigi, number one!

Terrik

Terrik

Bowser, because get the hell out of my way

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Bowser, because get the hell out of my way
-Are you going to go around all of those other karts?-

"Around? No..."

Dei

Dei

This reminds me of going on go karts with my son this weekend, and getting rear ended by idiot pre-teens who think that "no bumping" doesn't apply to them.

Rovewin

Rovewin

Yoshi all the way. Who couldn't love those adorable noises he makes. Plus he is fast and maneuverable. While the big guys may have the top speed when you always have the blue shell after you, you need the acceleration to keep that lead.

Looking back I was so terrible to my friends in that game. When I would get a shell I would slow down in certain parts so I could knock them off the path (ex: wario's stadium, choco mountain). Then continue on to the goal as they cursed my name. Mmmhh, I need to get new friends who will actually play mario kart with me again. :devil:

Terrik

Terrik

Yoshi all the way. Who couldn't love those adorable noises he makes. Plus he is fast and maneuverable. While the big guys may have the top speed when you always have the blue shell after you, you need the acceleration to keep that lead.

Looking back I was so terrible to my friends in that game. When I would get a shell I would slow down in certain parts so I could knock them off the path (ex: wario's stadium, choco mountain). Then continue on to the goal as they cursed my name. Mmmhh, I need to get new friends who will actually play mario kart with me again. :devil:
Lets all cheese together on Rainbow road and skill 1/3 of the course.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

I don't think I've ever played ANY Mario Kart games. Didn't play it on SNES, didn't play it on N64, and haven't owned a Nintendo console since the 64.

But then, I also don't like racing games in general.

GasBandit

GasBandit

I don't think I've ever played ANY Mario Kart games. Didn't play it on SNES, didn't play it on N64, and haven't owned a Nintendo console since the 64.

But then, I also don't like racing games in general.
If you ask me, racing was the backdrop. Screwing your friends is what Mario Kart was about. Racing is to Mario Cart as Space Exploration is to Chu Chu Rocket.

linglingface

linglingface

Yoshi for me! And if it wasn't Yoshi, then Princess Peach. My brother and I constantly fought over Yoshi.

ScytheRexx

ScytheRexx

This is why I feel bad for Luigi.

In French, "Hey no one finds Luigi cool. What can we do to promote his new game?"

"I know! RAPIST!"

"BRILLIANT!"

phil

phil

I have a certain appreciation for the fact that no one likes Mario.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Wario mainly, because AH'M-A GONNA WEEN

Sometimes Bowser just because he was an unstoppable beast once you hit top speed.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

I have a certain appreciation for the fact that no one likes Mario.
Likely for the reasons Yahtzee has outlined before--he's a bland, boring character because he's Nintendo's mascot, and thus isn't allowed to have a personality lest it accidentally reflect poorly on Nintendo.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Plus in the Kart games he's the balanced character. Average speed/handling/acceleration/etc. There's nothing he does better than anyone else, so I've never seen much reason to pick him.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Also, no one plays Mario in Super Smash Bros

Dei

Dei

My son always plays Mario. >.>

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

My son always plays Mario. >.>
It's okay; you have a daughter.

ScytheRexx

ScytheRexx

I am telling you guys, don't mess with Luigi, for it is the year of the Luigi.