Export thread

Demographics: Relationship Status

strawman

strawman

Choose the answer with which you most closely identify. It's not perfect, but it's not meant to be - it's just a rough gauge.

Previous polls:

Demographics: Age

Demographics: Activity level

-Adam

HowDroll

HowDroll

I went with "significant other," even though we're not currently living together. We're celebrating our 5-year anniversary in about 3 weeks, moved to Scotland together for a few months last year, and probably will be getting a condo together and getting engaged next summer once I graduate college and find a job. I think that moves me up to the next bracket over "boyfriend/girlfriend" :D

figmentPez

figmentPez

I'm completely unattached, and have been for several years. I was engaged about 4 years ago, but that didn't work out.

strawman

strawman

I went with "significant other," even though we're not currently living together. We're celebrating our 5-year anniversary in about 3 weeks, moved to Scotland together for a few months last year, and probably will be getting a condo together and getting engaged next summer once I graduate college and find a job. I think that moves me up to the next bracket over "boyfriend/girlfriend" :D
That sounds about right. I was going to say, "Significant other (discusses most decisions with SO)" but it was longer and a bit too cryptic - what is most? So I cut it down to "live in" which is essentially the same commitment level.

-Adam

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

single and trying not to be.

Armadillo

Married eight years.

HowDroll

HowDroll

That sounds about right. I was going to say, "Significant other (discusses most decisions with SO)" but it was longer and a bit too cryptic - what is most? So I cut it down to "live in" which is essentially the same commitment level.

-Adam[/QUOTE]

I'll usually skip that whole mess entirely and just introduce him as my accountant. People in Scotland used to ask me all the time who I was traveling with, and their eyes would just about jump out of their faces when I told them I was 19 years old and living with my accountant. It gives such an illicit vibe, I guess.

ThatNickGuy

Single. :(

phil

phil

Single. That's right ladies, contain yourself. All of this *flexes the guns* is up for grabs. First come first serve. ;)
Fixed

Also, I selected single, but I prefer to think of it as free

rabbitgod

Married. Almost 2 years. She's working in another city right now so it's pretty quiet around the house and my dog is moping.

Singularity.EXE

In a four-year relationship, trying to build up the courage to be single again.

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

Unfortunately, single. And it looks like it's going to be that way for quite a while.

phil

phil

In a four-year relationship, trying to build up the courage to be single again.
Still?

Gimmie her number. I'll do it.

Frank

Frankie Williamson

I'm seeing someone.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Been with the fella for 6 years. I should have marked significant other... simply because I don't like saying boyfriend that much. 'Makes me feel like I'm 15.

Adam

Adammon

Married for 3 years, lived together for 7, dated off and on for 9.

strawman

strawman

Married for 3 years, lived together for 7, dated off and on for 9.
In that order?

;-D

-Adam

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Living Together 6 years.

ThatNickGuy

Living Together 6 years.
Honestly, Sheg. Does it REALLY count if you have her chained in the basement and unallowed to leave?

Just Me

Just Me

After 8 years of long distance relationship I finally move in with my precious (that's what I call her, my intonation of those two words can tell a lot about my current mood).

Even if it's still 4 weeks till the move I voted SO, as engagement plans are coming along as soon we are settled in.

ZenMonkey

ZenMonkey

We'll be married two years next month. Together for seven.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Single. Line up, ladies! :D

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

Strong Bad said:
Ladies, form a line to my left for makeouts! Dudes, form a line to my right for high fives!

Andromache

married yet with poly tendancies, though it can get a bit exhausting.

Shawn

Shawn

Single. Not a status I want to keep forever but I remain positive about it. Relationships are comforting but sometimes more trouble than they are worth. My history of relationships have all been complicated and usually end in a heartbreaking moment for at least one of the people involved. My "type" is the librarian or bookworm.

Gusto

Gusto

Had a girlfriend for nearly 2 WHOLE MONTHS.

Chazwozel

Married 3 years. Dated for like 4 before hand.

Almost became a widower last year.

Shawn

Shawn

Had a girlfriend for nearly 2 WHOLE MONTHS.
oooooooh. Lucky.

Well technically my record is 4 years. But since then I've been lucky to have one for a month.

Gusto

Gusto

My record is with my only previous girlfriend, at like 2.5 months, which was 5.5 years ago.

Math242

Math242

what about fuck buddies? i can't vote, i guess that makes me single

Jake

Jake

Married 11 years. Dated for 3 before that.

Espy

Espy

Married for just over 6 years. Dated a little under 2 before that.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

Single.

I'm actually somewhat surprised by the results... I'd imagine that in a forum like this, it'd swing closer to Single than With Someone.

strawman

strawman

Single.

I'm actually somewhat surprised by the results... I'd imagine that in a forum like this, it'd swing closer to Single than With Someone.
I was thinking the results might be a bit surprising, and I'm glad I asked.

Still, we've only got through 50+ votes, when usually we get 80 or so over a day voting in these polls, so it could change quite a bit by tonight.

-Adam

Wasabi Poptart

Married for 5 years, been together for 7 years. Total time we've lived together is probably more like 3.5 years because he got stationed overseas for 2 years right after we met, he's been on 2 deployments, and he was away for several months to complete a tech school for his job.

Fun Size

Fun Size

Married for fourteen years, but I've been hitting on her since middle school, which was around 20 years ago. And typing that makes me feel old.

quandofloo

Lord, you people make me feel old. I have been married for 13 years.

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

Married for fourteen years, but I've been hitting on her since middle school, which was around 20 years ago. And typing that makes me feel old.
It makes me feel happy. You liked her in middle school and you finally got to marry her. HOLLYWOOD, MAKE THIS INTO A MOVIE!

Wasabi Poptart

Aww don't feel old. You're probably younger than I am. I got married in my early 30's instead of in my 20's like a lot of people do.

Fun Size

Fun Size

We were twenty, so yeah, we got hitched young.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

I really should have "dated" more I think. I went from a 4yr relationship at 15-19, then a 3yr relationship from 19-22 and then to a 6yr relationship from 22-28.

:eek:rly:

strawman

strawman

I really should have "dated" more I think. I went from a 4yr relationship at 15-19, then a 3yr relationship from 19-22 and then to a 6yr relationship from 22-28.

:eek:rly:
Extrapolating that out I find your relationships follow the equation 2x^2 - 7x + 9, meaning your next relationship will last 13 years, the following relationship 24, and your 6th relationship 39 years.

And excel is never wrong.

-Adam

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Well, I don't think this current one is ending anytime soon (especially with her CONSTANT questioning if we're going to take this to the next step) as I'm getting the majority of what I want out of it and so is she. The other's were pretty one-sided until one party got sick of it and left.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

Well, I don't think this current one is ending anytime soon (especially with her CONSTANT questioning if we're going to take this to the next step) as I'm getting the majority of what I want out of it and so is she. The other's were pretty one-sided until one party got sick of it and left.
Here's the question: What if she one day demands you take the next step? Would you do it to keep your life as it is, or would that be the breaking point? What happens if you can't keep it up with her and she places an ultimatum?

And yes, I know you probably could keep this up forever. That's not what I'm asking.

jasonisgreat

My girlfriend of almost two years moved in with me in June. We got engaged two weeks ago. Wedding is in May.

strawman

strawman

My girlfriend of almost two years moved in with me in June. We got engaged two weeks ago. Wedding is in May.
Congrats!

-Adam

Krisken

Krisken

Congrats Jason!

I have been married for 3 years now.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Here's the question: What if she one day demands you take the next step? Would you do it to keep your life as it is, or would that be the breaking point? What happens if you can't keep it up with her and she places an ultimatum?
I'd more than likely give it to her, I've got nothing to lose in the scenario and everything to gain.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

I'd more than likely give it to her, I've got nothing to lose in the scenario and everything to gain.[/QUOTE]

Expectations change in the new scenario. You'd be surprised how quickly people change when they get married. You may have to make additional, unforeseen sacrifices.

Piotyr

Piotyr

Married 5 years, together 10.

SeraRelm

Married for aboouut... 15 days. :p

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

Engaged.

Last time around, i was married for 9 years and something like 10 months. I got out just in time, as there is no spousal support (alimony) in Texas...unless you've been married for 10 years.

Planning on getting married again in 8 months.

drawn_inward

drawn_inward

Been together for 2 1/2 yrs. I am meeting her parents tomorrow!!!
Will get engaged soon after.

/scared as shit

jasonisgreat

/scared as shit
Good luck. Find out as much as you can about them beforehand. That way you won't make jokes about being drunk all the time only to find out her mother is an alcoholic...

Wahad

Wahad

Single and have been for a good while now.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Good luck. Find out as much as you can about them beforehand. That way you won't make jokes about being drunk all the time only to find out her mother is an alcoholic...
That sounds like some solid life experience talking. :rofl:

drawn_inward

drawn_inward

/scared as shit
Good luck. Find out as much as you can about them beforehand. That way you won't make jokes about being drunk all the time only to find out her mother is an alcoholic...[/QUOTE]

Thanks, buddy! Congratulations, BTW.

I've talked/emailed her dad a number of times, but meeting face-to-face is a whole other enchilada.

jasonisgreat

I've talked/emailed her dad a number of times, but meeting face-to-face is a whole other enchilada.
Thanks.

Is it just a dinner thing? Or do they live far away? My fiancee's parents live five hours away, so the first time I met them I was sleeping in their house for four days. Her step dad kept coming downstairs and peeking in my door, to make sure she hadn't snuck into bed with me.

Chazwozel

Thanks.

Is it just a dinner thing? Or do they live far away? My fiancee's parents live five hours away, so the first time I met them I was sleeping in their house for four days. Her step dad kept coming downstairs and peeking in my door, to make sure she hadn't snuck into bed with me.[/QUOTE]

Alucard

Been single the past 24 years of my existence.
Would like to date but I've just gotten use to the single existence that I cant think of anything else.

Thread Necromancer

Thread Necromancer

Technically still married but have been seeing someone for about the last four months.

Been married for 10 years, dated for almost two before that, Seperated for the last year and now have a potentially very ugly divorce coming up.

So... Grue?

Simfers

Simfers

Currently with girlfriend, it'll be four months next Tuesday. :D

ZenMonkey

ZenMonkey

been together for 7 years.
Wait a second, doppelBlucher. When did you two first get together?

Cajungal

Cajungal

You'll be fine :) as long as you don't do anything like this:

Dusty668

Nobody's fool. Danmit.

WolfOfOdin

Currently dating a skinny, pale, blonde norwegian girl who's obsessed with horror movies, zombies and halloween and who drinks like a sailor

Wasabi Poptart

been together for 7 years.
Wait a second, doppelBlucher. When did you two first get together?[/QUOTE]

September 12, 2002 was our first date, but we started talking at the end of August that year.

drawn_inward

drawn_inward

Thanks.

Is it just a dinner thing? Or do they live far away? My fiancee's parents live five hours away, so the first time I met them I was sleeping in their house for four days. Her step dad kept coming downstairs and peeking in my door, to make sure she hadn't snuck into bed with me.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, dinner, but with a twist. She's from India. Her folks are coming from India to meet me and my family. They will be staying with her for 6 months. Yipes.

---------- Post added at 06:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:42 PM ----------

You'll be fine :) as long as you don't do anything like this:

[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

I can't even imagine this. :Leyla:

I'm quite good at just being myself, but I am nervous as hell.

ZenMonkey

ZenMonkey

September 12, 2002 was our first date, but we started talking at the end of August that year.
Oh all right, it wasn't until December for me and Mr. ZM, but still.

ThatGrinningIdiot!

ThatGrinningIdiot!

!

When I looked at the last reply it was 69, the poster being Zenmonkey. I laffed.

. . . . I need help. :(

ZenMonkey

ZenMonkey

!

When I looked at the last reply it was 69, the poster being Zenmonkey. I laffed.

. . . . I need help. :(
Well, that's kind of amusing because...

...whoops, wrong subforum, never mind. :whistling:

Jake

Jake

Don't type with your mouth full. It's rude.