Disturbingly well edited Frollo/Cinderella slash video

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a pretty creepy video splicing together footage from Cinderella and Hunchback of Notre Dame. (Since "creepy" is a word with a lot of meanings and there are definitely things on the internet I wish I could unsee, I will clarify that I mean "approximately as creepy as the original Hunchback of Notre Dame story is").

But it's really well done, and I feel compelled to inflict the disturbingness on others:

It was great but it needs an ending. The song never reaches musical resolution and I felt like there should have been another 20-30 seconds to do that and wrap up the story.

Edit: I checked and the song goes for another minute or so. That would have been plenty of time to have Prince Charming come rescue Cinderella from Frollo and have a satisfying ending.

I think they deliberately chose the (not-happy) ending. I'd have appreciated it either way, but the abrupt, sinister ending was part of what I found captivating about it.

It's also possible that there just wasn't enough footage to work with to show the prince returning in a way that Frollo could plausibly have interacted with. Dunno. I think if we were going to get a "good" ending I'd rather have Frollo fall from the tower the way he does in the movie and let Cinderella have just saved herself.

Edit: Listening to the rest of the song, I'm betting that there was enough good footage for another 30 seconds or so but not the full minute they'd have needed if they didn't end it there.

Status
Not open for further replies.