Export thread

Do you eat ranch or blue cheese?

Frank

Frank

So, I got into an argument with some contemporaries tonight about proper accompaniment to hot wings. Albertans, as a whole, seem to prefer ranch, while I know for a fact that blue cheese is the traditional hot wing dip. This argument went down steak/standing to poop style.

I am going post a meme with Joey Diaz to let my personal stance be known:

If you don't like chicken wings because of bones or some other such nonsense you are the worst. Wings are the superior bar food.

Bubble181

Bubble181

Why the heck would I want to spoil my hot wings with crappy dressing? If anything, chive sauce.

Frank

Frank

Good point, I forgot that option. It's a totally valid one.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

I don't normally use dressing. But when I do, I use both.

blotsfan

blotsfan

Ok. I'm from Buffalo. Chicken Wings were invented here. They are also my favorite food. This is my personal "steak needs to be rare" topic.

Bleu cheese is the correct answer. It is God's answer. You heathens that prefer ranch are not just wrong, but I don't think I'd trust you around my hypothetical children.

evilmike

evilmike

So, I got into an argument with some contemporaries tonight about proper accompaniment to hot wings. Albertans, as a whole, seem to prefer ranch, while I know for a fact that blue cheese is the traditional hot wing dip. This argument went down steak/standing to poop style.
Waitaminute... we had an argument about standing up to poop?

How did I Thank god I missed that one.

Krisken

Krisken

Waitaminute... we had an argument about standing up to poop?

How did I Thank god I missed that one.
I think he's mis-remembering. It was on whether you wipe front to back or back to front.

Frank

Frank

I am not. There was a standing to wipe after pooping. I missed a word. It's the middle of my night currently.

Bubble181

Bubble181

I am not. There was a standing to wipe after pooping. I missed a word. It's the middle of my night currently.
It's 3:15pm. Even I don't claim that's the middle of the night. Monster. :whistling:

Frank

Frank

It's 7 am and I didn't sleep last night because I'm going on nights. God damn right I'm tired.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

blue cheese, of course.

Not that I don't like ranch occasionally--if it's on a salad. But that musty blue cheese flavor goes so much better with buffalo sauce than the sweet of ranch.

But, you have to account for the fact that there are just a large number of people who don't like the taste of blue cheese, or can't get over the fact that it's got mold in it. I don't begrudge them their choice.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

I voted for Ranch. I only use the dip for the celery and carrots that come with the wings though. I like my wings super hot and the dip would kind of defeat the purpose.

Dei

Dei

I'm from Buffalo, so Blue Cheese is the correct answer. [emoji14]

GasBandit

GasBandit

The only thing I put on my wings is wing sauce... dipping is for pizza rolls.

PatrThom

PatrThom

dipping is for pizza rolls.

--Patrick

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

I took the fourth option, but not because sauces are gross, just... I want the unadulterated flavour of the wing sauce.

Also, I've never heard of chive sauce, but that does sound intriguing

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

I tend to get whichever sauce the server mentions first, and I will sometimes, possibly, if I can be bothered, dip a wing it two. I don't know, whatever man.

But I will say empathetically that I far prefer having spices rubbed onto the wings instead of the buffalo sauce[DOUBLEPOST=1440266934,1440266720][/DOUBLEPOST]So yeah, why's there no Grue option on this poll? That no longer a Halforums thing? It used to be a Halforums thing.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Brofist for Grue.

--Patrick

Frank

Frank

I go against the grain.

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

I took the fourth option, but not because sauces are gross, just... I want the unadulterated flavour of the wing sauce.

Also, I've never heard of chive sauce, but that does sound intriguing
Same on both accounts!

Jay

Jay

Not a fan of blue cheese and ranch tastes like shit.
I don't like sauces that makes my mouth go on fire as well.

I like wings but I prefer to use a sweet/tangy bbq sauce or make my very own thai inspired sauce packed with flavor and tanginess.

http://www.food.com/recipe/chicken-wings-with-thai-sweet-hot-chili-glaze-137923

(I put less spicy though)

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

The only thing I put on my wings is wing sauce... dipping is for pizza rolls.
This is the boat I'm in. Wings are fine with whatever you cook them in. Pizza rolls/mozz sticks need dipping sauce.

Terrik

Terrik

I like my wings so spicy I can't taste anything after eating them anyhow.

Frank

Frank

Not a fan of blue cheese and ranch tastes like shit.
I don't like sauces that makes my mouth go on fire as well.

I like wings but I prefer to use a sweet/tangy bbq sauce or make my very own thai inspired sauce packed with flavor and tanginess.

I'm not a suicide wings fan by any means, but I do like spicy.

PatrThom

PatrThom

I like my wings covered in crunchy breading, maybe with a sprinkle of soy.

--Patrick

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

That recipe sounds really good. I like honey BBQ sauce wings, too. Sweet and tangy.

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

I guess I'm a dirty heathen. I prefer my wings boneless and drizzled in Ranch because I despise Blue Cheese dressing.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Ranch dressing is great on cruciferous vegetables.
Blue cheese dressing is great on pretty much all the other vegetables.
Meat demands other condiments. This can include blue cheese, but not blue cheese dressing.

--Patrick

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

I don't mind bleu cheese, but I do prefer ranch. And I also prefer my wings to be boneless. Ain't nobody got time for bones.

blotsfan

blotsfan

Bonless wings are not a thing. They are chicken nuggets.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

lol they're everywhere now!

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

But sometimes I want food instead of a hassle.

Wingstop has good boneless wings actual recognizable chicken, but Hooters has McNuggets.

blotsfan

blotsfan

Theres nothing wrong with liking them. I have them too from time to time. They're just chicken nuggets.

Yoshimickster

Yoshimickster

If no hot sauce, blue cheese.

Dave

Dave

Why order wings that have flavor if you are going to soak them in sauce? Unless they are plain, eat 'em as they come to you!

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

Why order wings that have flavor if you are going to soak them in sauce? Unless they are plain, eat 'em as they come to you!
Exactly. And if you want a bit more of that flavor, ask for it.

Gared

Gared

Bleu cheese. Wings hot, sauced, fried - not baked - light dusting of spicy, well seasoned flour, no heavy batter, no heavy breading, no suicide by wings.

klew

klew

Because blending flavors can be nice, you don't have to dunk the whole wing in, enough so you can also get plain and mixed sauce bites

Frank

Frank

You don't soak them in sauce...

blue cheese and wing hot sauce compliment each other really well.